Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » ROCK N ROLL TRIVIA (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 68 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  66  67  68   
Author Topic: ROCK N ROLL TRIVIA
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
That would make the comic Spawn, I guess. But what the song is I dunno.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
At least someone got my not so subtle hint. The album was indeed based on Spawn.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
I think the band was called Iced Earth or something like that, but it's really not coming to me.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:
I think the band was called Iced Earth or something like that, but it's really not coming to me.

Iced Earth was the band. Now we just need the song and album titles.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
THE LABRADORIAN
THE LEGIONS' GREATEST HERO

Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE LABRADORIAN           Edit/Delete Post     
Tim "ripper" Owens, former lead singer of judas priest is now the new lead singer of Iced Earth
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
So who's singing in Priest now?

(Sorry, LL, I'm still drawing a blank on the title)

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Its my understanding the original lead singer, Rob Halford, is back with the group. And they plan on touring in 2004.
Lightning Lad
Founder

Okay, the name of the Iced Earth album is "The Dark Saga". If someone doesn't get the song by tomorrow, I'll let Outdoor Miner have the next question as he was able to get the group.
THE LABRADORIAN

i dont know anything about iceed earth, but i did some checking cause it seemed a difficult question even for the few that knew. Anyway, what i read was that the whole album is about spawn, from beginning to end, there is a song for the violator but i dont know what specific song is about spawn specifically.
And yes, Rob Halford is back in Priest, they announced it a couple of weeks ago but its been rumoured for months.

THE LABRADORIAN

i will go with Violate
or is it called Violater

Lightning Lad
Founder

The song you are thinking of is Violate but it is not the song I was looking for. You are a couple of songs off from the album track. Here are the lyrics for the song I'm looking for and the song title is not in the lyrics:

My personal quest is to make your life hell
Yes dear friend listen up well
The power I've given I can take as well

I am your father destroyer of the light
I've taken your soul and have given you life
You are the damned condemned by my hand
My son creature of the night

Extending, now you rise
Tormented, soul of fire
Deception in my eyes
Your life, your life is mine

My new born son burn now with anger
I command and you must follow
Fly now and do battle
The heavens fall, mankinds disaster

In your hour of darkness
You warm my soul
God won't save you
Your souls been sold

Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by LABRADORIAN:
I disagree
Mick Jagger is the answer
-he sings on the song
- carly sings something about wife of a close friend, either she cheated with jagger who was married to her close friendm i am pretty sure
- last but not least, Mick Jagger DID fly his plane up to nova scotia to catch a total eclipse of the sun,

i doubt mick would sing about how vain warren beatty is, but mick would definately sing about himself

no one answered so i will come up with a new question.

According to one of my local news stations tonight, Carly Simon is supposed to hold an auction for a charity event soon where the prize is the secret to who You're So Vain is about. The catch is the winner is not supposed to be able to reveal the person in question after winning. But they hinted in the news tonight that she said it was not about Mike Jagger or Warren Beatty.
THE LABRADORIAN

yeah
well i know it has nothing to do with MIKE Jagger, but its hard to figure out who she was referring to when mick did fly up here to see a total eclipse of the sun. I know its mick, but we'll never know.

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by LABRADORIAN:
yeah
well i know it has nothing to do with MIKE Jagger, but its hard to figure out who she was referring to when mick did fly up here to see a total eclipse of the sun. I know its mick, but we'll never know.

Could it be that the subject of "You're So Vain" is a composite of men Carly Simon knew? Parts of the lyrics may describe Mick and parts may describe someone else. "You strategically dipped your hat below one eye" (paraphrase) sounds more like a Warren Beatty gesture than a Jagger gesture to me.

In either case, it's entirely plausible that Mick sang on the song without ever knowing or considering if it was about him. Rock stars do a lot of sessions for other artists, after all.

[ August 05, 2003, 09:10 AM: Message edited by: He Who Wanders ]

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Heard that on the news here as well. The DJ said the winning bidder would be onnounced on the Today show this morning (I think) and the winning bid was in excess of 50K. (It was for a charity auction of some kind.) The winner supposedly is a celebrity.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 68 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  66  67  68   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.