Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Name That TV Show Theme Song!!! (Page 36)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 37 pages: 1  2  3  ...  33  34  35  36  37   
Author Topic: Name That TV Show Theme Song!!!
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Third Rock from the Sun?

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
It's About Time?

Update: I looked that show up and it's not it, but it does have a delightful theme song. [Smile]

Yes I remember loving that song.

quote:
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
Third Rock from the Sun?

No, though they do have an animated opening, and that leads to the bonus clue: this was an animated show.

Continuing with the lyrics:

Spacemen with a mission,
You must make a very big decision.
With your solar bomb you could destroy us,
Or save the world, or save the world.

From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Starblazers?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
Way earlier than Starblazers. In fact, about the same time as the theme song you posted, Quis.

Two more lines:
Space men must be wise men
Strange in human eyes, you'll be disguised then

From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Final clue: The next two lines indicate they were disguised as a rabbit, a horse, and a duck. I say this instead of posting the lines because the first of those two lines was always unintelligible to me, but the gist of them was that the rabbit and horse laughed when the third got stuck as a duck. Apparently in Japan ducks get no respect.

The last stanza:
Space men with a mission
They must make a very big decision
Earth boy Kenny Carter knows their secret
Away they go
To meet the foe
(title of show)...
(title of show)...
(title of show)...

Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Oh well, the title of that show was Amazing Three.

I'll try one more, again mid-1960's, but this time American and not animated.

(Title of show), it's about space,
It's about two men in the strangest place.

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Now that one is It's About Time.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Yep!
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Let's try this one:

The soft island breeze
Brings you strange melodies
And they tell of exotic mysteries
Under the tropical spell of:
(Series title)

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Had to google that one. I've heard of that show, but don't think I ever saw it.

Since nobody's guessing, and since the following doesn't really count as lyrics, hope you don't mind if I throw it in as a clue just for fun.

Here's the "song" from the most popular show with the same state in the title as yours.

Bapa badum bah baah, (deedeedee, deedeedee, deet!)
Bapa badum baah, (deedeedee, deedeedee, deet!)
Bapa badum bah baah, (deedeedee, deedeedee, deet!)
Bapa badum baaaah!

BAH babadah badabadah badah,
BAH babadah badabadah badah,
Bah BAH,
Bapabada baaaaaahhhhh.

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I'm pretty sure Shining Son's is "Hawaii 5-0".

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

That would be my guess and that's a good hint. It's earlier than the original Five-O.

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

The show I'm thinking of was one of a series of private eye shows set in exotic locales in the early '60s. Robert Conrad and Connie Stevens were in the cast.

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Hawaiian Eye?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

According to the internet, you're right Quis. Do you have one for us to guess? (He says as if he's any good at this...)
  This topic comprises 37 pages: 1  2  3  ...  33  34  35  36  37   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.