Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Name That TV Show Theme Song!!! (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 37 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  35  36  37   
Author Topic: Name That TV Show Theme Song!!!
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
nope.

hint:
It was a sitcom.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Maverick? Although I don't think Maverick was a sitcom. Any more of the song you can post?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

sure.

but not alone
did he come home
a nefound bride
was at his side
and wih his boy,
who did protest,
they all moved west,
[name of show]

yipeee ya-ya-yo
yippee ya-ya-yee
give three mighty cheers

yipeee ya-ya-yo
yippee ya-ya-yee
for the western pioneers

one more hint:
Leonard Fry played the reoccuring villain.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Would that be 'Best of the West' with they guy (can't think of his name offhand) who played the father on 'Silver Spoons' as a sheriff?
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Joel Grey!!!

YES!!

your go, Scott

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
It was Leonard Frey that helped.

There is the sun and moon,
They sing their own sweet tune

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
Moonlighting.

Heh... I almost typed Moonlightning.

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

I thought that one might be a little easy. [Smile]

Up to you next Craig.

Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
It helps that I was a freak for Moonlighting. I loved when they broke the 4th wall and spoke to the viewers at home!

Next:

"Through early morning fog I see
Visions of the things to be,
The pains that are withheld for me,
I realize and I can see..."

[ October 09, 2004, 06:04 PM: Message edited by: Omni Craig ]

--------------------
Craig C.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, when I read that out loud the rhythm seems to fit quite well with the theme from M*A*S*H, so that's my guess (IIRC, the title of the song is "Suicide Is Painless").
From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

That's right BRM! The song was only played with lyrics during the orginal movie, I believe. Thought that would make it a bit harder to identify, but you proved me wrong!

And the song title is right too, so yer up!

--------------------
Craig C.

Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, M*A*S*H thankfully doesn't have a cable-exclusive syndication deal, so I can actually see an episode now and again on my local broadcast stations [Smile] . That helps to keep the theme music familiar.

I've got something obscure:

They laughed, they loved.
They fought, they drank.
They jumped a lot of fences.

I loved this show when I was in junior-high school, but it only lasted 13 episodes [Frown] .

--------------------
"Gee, Brainy, what do you want to do tonight?"
"The same thing we do every night, Bouncing Boy: try to take over the United Planets!!"
They're B.B. and The Brain ...

From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

You know, I always thought "When Things Were Rotten" was much better than "Robin Hood, Men In Tights".
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

They laughed, they loved.
They fought, they drank.
They jumped a lot of fences.
They robbed the rich,
Gave to the poor,
Except what they kept for expenses.
So when other legends are forgotten
We'll remember back When Things Were Rotten!
Yay for Robin Hood!

Mel Brooks' first Robin Hood parody, from 1975.

Over to Lightning Lad.

Lightning Lad
Founder

This one is either going to be real easy or real hard. [Big Grin]

Soft and sweet
Wise and wonderful

This topic comprises 37 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  35  36  37   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.