Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The 3 for 1 general quiz (Page 63)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 65 pages: 1  2  3  ...  60  61  62  63  64  65   
Author Topic: The 3 for 1 general quiz
Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
Err, ok here are some hints:

1. What was the first toy to be advertised on TV?
HINT: It's still popular today

2. According to the Bible, how old was Jesus when he prophesied over by Simeon and Anna?
HINT: He was young

3. In 1993, Steven Spielberg had two movies released - one was one of the most critically acclaimed movies of all time, one was (at that time) the most financially successful film of all time. What are the two movies?
HINT: The financial one had two sequels

--------------------
LSH Archives Vol.3 • Part 2

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
I did a little research to get you off the hook, Xben.

1) Mr. Potato head

2) 8 days old (He went to the temple to be circumsized)

3) Shindler's List and Jurassic Park

From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
All correct. I guess I didn't consider them too difficult, at least to guess - but oh well nevermind.

--------------------
LSH Archives Vol.3 • Part 2

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry..off we go...

What radioactive element is extracted from carnotite and pitchblende?

What computer was introduced in 1984 Super Bowl ads?

What are you shopping for if you are sized up by a Brannock Device?

From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
1) Uranium
2) AppleMac
3) Shoes

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

All correct Xben. I think. Been awhile since I looked those things up. Take it away...
Reboot

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm not Xben, but since I was the one who answered... [Razz]

1) In connection with UK politics, what do the letters MSP stand for?
2) In the original He-Man cartoon, what was the real name of the Sorceress?
3) Why was the Ferrari 456 given that numerical designation?

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Okay, clues...
1) P is for "Parliament"
2) Similar to, but not the same as, the name of a main character
3) Engine-related

--------------------

Reboot

No-one's going to even try? Ah well, the answers were...

1) Member of the Scottish Parliament
2) Teela'Na
3) The displacement capacity of a single cylinder of the engine (one of the last Ferraris to be numbered such).

Anyone who wants to try reviving this, feel free.

--------------------

Blaze
Firing Up Your Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blaze           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Reboot.

1. The Japanese call their country as?

2. The biggest island of the world is?

3. The place known as the roof of the world is?

From: in your dreams | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
1. Nippon/Nihon
2. Australia, if you consider it to be an island as well as a continent. If not, Greenland.
3. "High Asia", or the mountainous regions of inner Asia. Commonly applied to Himalayas and the Pamirs.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blaze
Firing Up Your Day

Good work IB. Answers for questions 1 and 2 are correct.

As for number 3, I'm looking for a specific place.

From: in your dreams | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmm...

Lhasa?

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Tibet is usually what i hear the term associated with.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blaze
Firing Up Your Day

Tibet it is.

You're up Kent.

This topic comprises 65 pages: 1  2  3  ...  60  61  62  63  64  65   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.