Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The 3 for 1 general quiz (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 65 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  63  64  65   
Author Topic: The 3 for 1 general quiz
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
I shouldn't do this, should I? [Big Grin]

1) The professor, Ginger, and Mary Ann

2) 1: Never harm a human being either through action or inaction
2: Always obeya human being except when it would contradict the first law
3: Preserve yourself except when it contradicts the first two laws.

3. Winston Churchill.

PS - If Quis or lance want it, they can have it

[ December 17, 2004, 12:50 PM: Message edited by: Reboot ]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Well lance said he was gone for the weekend so, I'll post some questions.

1) Was the Battle of New Orleans (in the War of 1812) a decisive battle or not & why?

2) In the Chronicles of Narnia, which of the main characters doesn't make it to the Real Narnia?

3) When does the term of the US Supreme Court begin? (you knew I had to throw in a legal question [Wink] )

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Are we allowed to guess even if we don't know all the answers? If so -

1. No - because everyone died. (OK I had no idea for that one.)

2. Susan.

3. March. (OK I had no idea for that one either.)

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
1. No, because it was fought two week after the end of the war.

2. Susan.

3. October.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
EDE is correct (Although I was looking for the more specific first Monday in October for answer 3)

[ December 18, 2004, 05:47 PM: Message edited by: Quislet, Esq. ]

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

1. Who became famous after the publication of his 1905 paper "On the Electrodynamics of Moving Bodies"?

2. Which U.S. President was known by the nickname "Little Hickory"?

3. Who originally recorded "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer"?

[ December 18, 2004, 06:19 PM: Message edited by: Eryk Davis Ester ]

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

I'll say
1) Albert Einstien

2) James K Polk

3) Gene Autry

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

You're right, Quis!
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

darn now I have to come up with 3 more questions.

1) What was Debra Winger's first acting role?

2) What does "E Pluribus Unum" mean?

3) What is the world's smallest country?

I was going to ask what are the elements of the tort of battery, but thought that wasn't really a general trivia question.

--------------------

Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Do people actually know the answers to these questions or are they looking them up? Some of them are so obscure!*

* Read - WAAAHHH... why am I so dumb?!? [Wink]

P.S. Quislet - LOVE your new avatar!

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Jeepers! I know two of them, and have no idea on the third!
Eryk Davis Ester

Oh well, might as well post the ones I know:

2) One out of many

3) Vatican City

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:
Do people actually know the answers to these questions or are they looking them up? Some of them are so obscure!*

* Read - WAAAHHH... why am I so dumb?!? [Wink]

P.S. Quislet - LOVE your new avatar!

Well on EDE's last questions, I made a somewhat educated guess on Einstien (physics paper + early 20th century = ?) and can thank They Might Be Giants for James K Polk, [Band] our eleventh president, young Hickory, Napoleon of the South [Band] . And I did know Gene Autry.

Glad you like the new avatar. I have decided to change avatars whenever I reach another 1000 posts

[ December 18, 2004, 07:17 PM: Message edited by: Quislet, Esq. ]

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Oh well, might as well post the ones I know:

2) One out of many

3) Vatican City

you are correct, but need the third (which I thought might be the easiest of the 3)

--------------------

baycent54
new

Icon 1 posted      Profile for baycent54   Author's Homepage   Email baycent54         Edit/Delete Post     
Um I hate to interrupt such an interesting topic - but just WHO is this General Three-In-One?
Sounds like some obscure comic-book villain!

From: Michigan | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 65 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  63  64  65   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.