Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The 3 for 1 general quiz (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 65 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  63  64  65   
Author Topic: The 3 for 1 general quiz
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
two out of three, lance!
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Number one was wrong. Hanson was among those who preceded GW, but they key word is "immediately."
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, it has to be...Arthur St. Clair then?
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Another good guess!

St Clair finished up in 1787... there was another guy 'tween him and GW.

lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
?Is it Cyrus Griffin?
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Awright! you got it!

Now, according to Polar Boy's rules, you gotta list all 3 correct answers in the same post before I can officially call you the winner.

After that, it's your turn!

lancesrealm
amiable

1. Cyrus Griffin

2. They all played on General Hospital before they were stars.

3. Panama. It's a palindome.

lancesrealm
amiable

OK, I guess I have the floor...

1. Who is the only person to ever win two Nobel prizes, unshared, in 2 different categories?

2. What do George Burns and Johnny Neun have in common?

3. What is the integral of sin(x)?

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Goodness!

Guesses

1) Albert Einstein

2) I have no idea who Johnny Neun is, but I'll guess they both lived to be 100

3) Calculus was a lifetime ago. cos(x)?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

umm...zero for 3, Quis...
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Lancesrealm,

want to give some hints or ask some other questions?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

ok, no one is trying, so...new questions...

1) I can think of only one actress who has starred with both John Wayne and John Cusack. Who was she?

2) What is the capital of Australia?

3) Ian Fleming, the creator of the James Bond mythos, also wrote a popular children's book that was made into a movie. What was it?

Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
OK, I have no idea about 1 but I shall give whoever does the other two:

2: Canberra (not Sydney or Melbourne)

3) Chitty-chitty-bang-bang

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Yes to both 2 and 3...
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

1) Maureen O'Hara ?

2) Canberra

3) I know I'll go "Oh Yeah!" when I hear the answer.

--------------------

This topic comprises 65 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  63  64  65   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.