Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The 3 for 1 general quiz (Page 34)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 65 pages: 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  ...  63  64  65   
Author Topic: The 3 for 1 general quiz
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
1. What are the Years of Confusion?

2. If you're researching a British historical figure who was born on September 5, 1752, you have good reason to suspect your source is inaccurate. Why?

3. How was it possible to be born in May and die in February of the same year?

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
1. I'll guess that that was the period when Sweden was switching from the Julian to Gregorian calendar.

2. That was the year the British Empire switched from the Julian to Gregorian calendar and "lost" several days in September.

3. The New Year used to begin on 25 March.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Two and Three are correct. One is partly correct, but I'm looking for two specific years. Hint: They are several centuries apart.

--------------------

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Second hint: Think of who the Julian calendar was named after.

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Final clue (if no one gets this it will go to Rockhopper Lad by default):

The two years are exactly 1,627 years apart. (Hint: There is no year 0 on the calendar.)

--------------------

KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
1. 1582 ce & 46 bce?

2. That was the year the British Empire switched from the Julian to Gregorian calendar and "lost" several days in September.

3. The New Year used to begin on 25 March.

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

You got it, KK! The significance of those years is that they had more tham 400 days, in order to get the calendar back on track.

--------------------

KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
1. Who played lead guitar on the song "While My Guitar Gently Weeps"?

2. John Lennon died on 8Dec80. What was his middle name?

3. Where did Richard Starkey meet his second wife?

[TimeTrapper]

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

1. Eric Clapton

2. Original middle name was Winston. Later legally changed to Ono.

3. While filming the movie "Caveman".

--------------------

KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

HWW, somehow I knew you'd get it.
Yerrup!

--------------------
~Integritas~

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

1. Who played rhythm guitar on Soft Machine's first single?

2. Whom did the Yardbirds first approach to replace Eric Clapton?

And, just for KK ...

3. In 1969, fans began scouring Beatles records for proof that Paul McCartney is dead. One of the clues was found in the voice heard at the end of "Strawberry Fields Forever," announcing "I buried Paul." According to Paul, whose voice is it and what is it really saying?

--------------------

KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

3. Wasn't it John saying "cranberry sauce"? I think that was the song that he led into with "sugarplum fairy" instead of "1,2,3,4", if memory serves.

[Echo-Chamber Chet]

--------------------
~Integritas~

Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
I've always heard the same for #3...I don't know if that's what it was according to Paul or not (as HWW phrased it)

--------------------
LSH Archives Vol.3 • Part 2

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

The answer to # 3 is correct. But ... what about 1 and 2?

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

A couple of hints:

1. ... was not a member of the group, but just happened to be in the studio at the time. This person is one of the most iconic guitarists of that era.

2. ... this person eventually did join the Yardbirds as bass guitarist.

--------------------

This topic comprises 65 pages: 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  ...  63  64  65   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.