Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Song Titles - In Other (English language) Words (Page 13)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 47 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  45  46  47   
Author Topic: Song Titles - In Other (English language) Words
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I knew that was brass. I just never heard of that song. [shrug]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
If you've listened to classic rock or mainstream rock radio at all for the last 28 years, Rocky, you've probably heard the song. Many people think its title is "I'm Special" (which it is, parentethically). Here's the video.

Here's the next song:

"Become a passenger aboard a particular felid."

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gamara
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gamara           Edit/Delete Post     
Ride the tiger?

--------------------
"I may be a craven little coward, but I'm a GREEDY craven little coward!"

=Daffy Duck

From: NJ | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
That's it, Gamara. "Ride The Tiger" is a Jefferson Starship song, from their album "Dragon Fly."

Your turn.

--------------------

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gamara
Applicant

An equine sans any identifying nomenclature or appellation.

--------------------

=Daffy Duck

From: NJ | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

"A Horse With No Name" by America.

--------------------

Gamara
Applicant

Correct!

--------------------

=Daffy Duck

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by He Who Wanders:
If you've listened to classic rock or mainstream rock radio at all for the last 28 years, Rocky, you've probably heard the song. Many people think its title is "I'm Special" (which it is, parentethically). Here's the video.

Thanks, HWW. As I'm sure you've noticed from the "other words" titles I've posted, I'm fairly clueless when it comes to mainstream music.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Next song:

"Blemished feelings of adoration"

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

quote:
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
quote:
Originally posted by He Who Wanders:

Thanks, HWW. As I'm sure you've noticed from the "other words" titles I've posted, I'm fairly clueless when it comes to mainstream music.
Yes, I guess "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing" and "The Star-Spangled Banner" are as far away from mainstream rock as you can get.

(Although, now I have a strange desire to hear Chrissie Hynde sing the former. [Big Grin] )_

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
"Tainted Love"?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

That's it, Quis. You're up.

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
The namesake of a famous redhead seen lurking about the firmament while in the possession of crystalline carbons.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

"Lucy In the Sky With Diamonds"

--------------------

This topic comprises 47 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  45  46  47   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.