Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The NON-LEGION comics trivia thread!!! Round two (Page 65)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: The NON-LEGION comics trivia thread!!! Round two
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Random guesses -

Young Romance (Charlton)
Young Love (Fawcett)
Strange Love (Charlton)

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Dude. No shot unless I websearch it! [No]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
[Big Grin]

Blacula, while you're heading in the right direction and some of your answers are correct in title, none of them are correct in publisher.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

quote:
Originally posted by Chief Taylor:
Dude. No shot unless I websearch it! [No]

I feel like this question can go on for all eternity, so I actually won't mind if you websearch it.

You see, there is no easy way to find this information on the internet...you'll have to actually do some real research.

<--- [Evil]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

OK (with a bit of help from Wikipedia) -

Young Romance (Crestwood/Prize Comics)
Young Love (Crestwood/Prize Comics)
Heart Throbs/Love Stories (Quality Comics)

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Correct! When DC purchased Quality Comics, Heart Throbs was one of four titles they continued to publish, making it 5 romance titles. Years later in the mid Silver Age, they purchased the two most successful romance titles of all (created by Jack Kirby and Joe Simon), Young Love and Young Romance, making their total number of romance titles a whopping 7.
Blacula
Easy

OK I'm gonna cheat a bit here and ask a Legion question (only because I've had one in mind for a little while but I never know any of the answers in that tough thread [Big Grin] ) -

What do the following Legionnaires have in common that their teammates don't have?

Bouncing Boy
Ferro Lad
Phantom Girl
Chemical King
Shadow Lass
and
Karate Kid

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
They each have a "secret origin"?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Yessireebob! They were the only Legionnaires to recieve a solo story in the Secret Origins title.

(I think that's what you meant right, EDE?)

Anyhoo, next qestion to you.

Eryk Davis Ester

I actually wasn't certain if they were all actually featured in the Secret Origins title, but I knew several of them were, and I thought you might be including the Adventure Era "Secret Origin of Bouncing Boy" story. But then I looked it up and realized BB was indeed feature in SO.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Next question:

Spurs Jackson and his posse finally caught up with what hombre in their final apperance?

Note: Googling "Spurs Jackson" will probably reveal the answer to this pretty quickly, or at least major clues, so I'd prefer you avoid it for the time being.

Blacula
Easy

Without looking it up -

Jonah Hex seems too obvious, though the posse/hombre thing could be a red herring, but I'll just go ahead and randomly guess...

Bat Lash.

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll bite. Jonah Hex?

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Johnny Thunder
Eryk Davis Ester

Nope.

Clarification: Spurs Jackson is actually the hero of the series. In his final appearance, he and his band of vigilantes finally managed a showdown with a notorious desperado that he had been pursuing.

This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.