Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The NON-LEGION comics trivia thread!!! Round two (Page 70)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: The NON-LEGION comics trivia thread!!! Round two
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Next Question:

What character received powers as part of a bet between Prince Highness and Prince Lowness as to whether an honest person would be corrupted by power?

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:

I don't own any comics with him in them, but I want to! (As far as I know, he only ever appeared in All-American Western).

I can confirm he didn't appear in either All-Star Western or Western Comics! [Wink]
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
The Terrific Whatzit

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

That's right. Your turn, Miner.
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

That was one of the few questions on this thread that I not only knew, but I knew that I knew, if you know what I mean.

The murder of Fred Thorpe launched the career of which crimefighter?

--------------------

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Oooh I feel like I should know this one -

Robotman (the original)?

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
One of my favorites: Detective Chimp.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

The mighty Chimp is correct.

Good job, Cobes. Over to you.

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

When the X-Men became a reprint title / went on hiatus at the end of the Silver Age, they would sporadically guest star in various Marvel series (notably the Hulk and Marvel Team-Up). Of course, The Beast would have a solo feature in Amazing Adventures and join the Avengers.

What other member of the X-Men besides Beast had solo adventures in the interim between the Silver Age and the All-New, All-Different era? And because it's pretty easy to just guess the 6 possible answers: which legendary comic book creator randomly was the writer?

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Ps- for extreme bragging rights, bonus to anyone who knows which titles the stories appeared in.
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Not a Marvel reader so random guess time -

Angel by Bob Kane [Big Grin]

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

That's a really excellent guess! Not totally correct though!
Eryk Davis Ester

Angel with... er... Jerry Siegel?
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

And actually that is quite correct! And I can tell you and Blacula felt they indeed very random but in doing so gave the two best guesses possible!

Of all people, legendary Jerry Siegel came to Marvel after his final falling out with DC at the close of the Silver Age. But his stay was brief in the fullest extent of the word: he wrote exactly 4 back-up stories. I wish I knew more about why he came to Marvel and then why he didn't stay (though by 1970 he was getting older).

Of all things, three of those back-ups were original stories featuring the Angel after X-Men was on hiatus. The first two appeared in Ka-Zar, which was a 3 issue reprint stories of Ka-Zar's first adventures in Daredevil, Spider-Man and X-Men. Weirdly enough, these reprints had original material back-ups first of Hercules and then of the Angel (pre-dating the Beast's solo stories, perhaps as Marvel thought the famous Golden Age name might draw in readers?). Even weirder, Ka-Zar actually was having new adventures in Astonishing Tales as a co-lead rather than the Ka-Zar comic.

The last Siegel Angel story ended up as a back-up in Marvel Tales, the long-running Spider-Man reprint series, where it may have been the only original material in the title's 20+ year history. The move was because Ka-Zar had only been in enough stories to justify 3 reprint issues.

Eryk Davis Ester

I knew Siegel had done work for other companies at the end of the sixties/early seventies, and I was thinking he'd done a bit of Marvel, but, beyond that, it was pretty much a guess!
  This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.