Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The "Know Your Legion Worlders" Game Round Four (Page 132)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  129  130  131  132  133  134   
Author Topic: The "Know Your Legion Worlders" Game Round Four
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm guessing

20. Oblivion

even though I haven't even read the question yet. [Big Grin]

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:
Far Cry, my brother bought a couple of years ago. I played it a couple of times and it seemed fun but I've never had time to go back to it.

Eye of the Beholder is a game I had on my old Amiga 500 about two decades ago and loved at the time. I wonder if there's still a way to play it on today's faster/better computers?

Left for Dead I played with some friends in a LAN session once and had a great time! Super fun, exciting and scary game!

And Then There Were None - I'm a big Agatha Christie/mystery fan so I'm very intrigued by what this computer game version of her most famous book would be like. Never played it though.

1. Halo
2. World of Warcraft
3. Mass Effect
4. The Sims
5. Civ IV
6. Call of Duty
7. Lara Croft: Tomb Raider
8. Leisure Suite Larry
9. Portal
10. Eye of the Beholder
11. Mario Kart
12. Bully
13. Dead Space
14. Far Cry
15. Lego Batman
16. Left for Dead
17. My Little Pony Coloring Fun
18. Batman: Arkham Asylum
19. And Then There Were None
20. Oblivion

7. Lara Croft: Tomb Raider

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
18. Batman: Arkham Asylum

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
9. Portal
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
And Kent/Hrista gets it by jumping in blind!

I thought I'd love Oblivion because I'd really liked the previous game in that series, Morrowind, but it just seems to big and overwhelming to me so far. And even though part of me was excited about going into ye olde inns and taverns and making new friends with my 'speechcraft' skill, the other part of me was thinking "I could be in a *real* bar or pub right now making friends instead of sitting behind this computer all night". [LOL] I think computer games might be best in small doses for me.

Over to you Kent/Hrista.

P.S. Who or what is Hrista Spjoti?

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

I've been waiting for someone to figure it out, actually! [Big Grin] (that's not my Q, incidentally)

I'll post a new Q tomorrow.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
... is it shakespere. ohhhh lol.

'shake' 'spear'

[Smile]

but why Icelandic?

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

finally! [Smile]

because LW wouldn't let me change to a name using Korean characters. Icelandic was a second-choice whim.

My new Q:

Which of the following have I not done:

1. lied down in the middle of the highway in the Northwest Territories watching the Northern Lights.
2. fallen asleep at the wheel of a car.
3. gone camping in winter.
4. walked through a near-blinding snowstorm in June.
5. been more than 50 feet below sea level
6. been robbed.
7. romantically kissed a woman who sang backup for Jimi Hendrix.
8. have been sued.
9. lived with a published author.
10. have been thrown out of the Lincoln Memorial in Washington.
11. have been on television in two nations.
12. tried surfing, on my second California trip.
13. have been dog sledding.
14. lived in an Alaskan ghost town for a summer.
15. have eaten alligator.
16. have been to the offices of DC Comics.
17. dated a woman more than 20 years older than me.
18. made money from my artwork.

Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
11. have been on television in two nations.

I'm choosing this one because I want to hear the story behind it.

Re: your ID name - that's a cool Shakespeare reference. I'm surprised it's taken this long for someone to ask you about it. You don't see much Icelandic on this site. I had just assumed it was a reference to some MMB thing I wasn't aware of.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

6. been robbed

i think
7. romantically kissed a woman who sang backup for Jimi Hendrix.

and
17. dated a woman more than 20 years older than me.

must be related haha

Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novelty   Author's Homepage   Email Novelty         Edit/Delete Post     
Somehow I think this is wrong, but...

10. have been thrown out of the Lincoln Memorial in Washington.

--------------------
Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

11. I have been on US and Canadian television. As a small-town reporter, some of the meetings I covered sometimes got on Albany area TV; people would tell me they saw me.

I have also been on Montreal TV, and was interviewed as one of SUNY Plattsburgh's Canadian Studies students. I never saw the end result, but a fellow student's family did, and confirmed they used our interviews.

6. I actually have been robbed; someone once broke into my car and took some minor crap.

good guess on the 7&17 link! Yes... good guess. But WRONG! [Big Grin]

10. That actually did happen! Not for anything I did, but the people I was with. This was about 20 years ago, prob 20 years this spring.

We started out waaaay across town one eve, singing the entirety of "Pink Floyd - The Wall." We wandered across town, past the Capitol, down the Mall, and were finishing up as we went up the L.Mem. steps.

As we finished, the guys I was with let out a wild howl. Out of nowhere stepped a security guard, who ordered us out.

Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
16. have been to the offices of DC Comics

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
13. have been dog sledding.
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

16. In high school, during a 12th grade Economics field trip to NYC, we had some free time near the end of the trip, late afternoon. While my peers were all rushing off to get fake IDs, I wandered up to 666 Fifth Ave, and took the elevator on up. Walked up and down the halls recognized a couple faces, and left. Didn't feel like I should have intruded/bothered anyone, so I didn't. No security in those days, amazingly enough.

13. During my last visit to Edmonton two Marches ago, I took a break from the archives and wandered along the river park. A woman was out dogsledding down the trail. We chatted, and she offered to let me have a go. I mushed my way along for a hundred feet or so; it was pretty neat!

This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  129  130  131  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.