Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The "Know Your Legion Worlders" Game Round Five (Page 131)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 133 pages: 1  2  3  ...  128  129  130  131  132  133   
Author Topic: The "Know Your Legion Worlders" Game Round Five
Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
Still, only one of the right answers has been guessed.

Additional hint: It is raining and for some reason, that often seems to cause lots of little millipedes to start making their way into my old house. Pretty gross.

--------------------
LSH Archives Vol.3 • Part 2

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Xben:
OK, we'll continue with a similar game - 10 Truths and 2 Lies. Identify the lies.

1. I once counted all the word balloons that each character had in v.4 of Legion of Super-Heroes - 5 Years Later. (Ultra Boy had the most!)
2. I can name every episode ever of Doctor Who, as well as each writer and each director
3. I once scripted my own audio version of The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy (and 1 1/2 of the sequels) for me and a friend to record.
4. I once caused a fire in my house when I turned on the wrong stove burner (instead of boiling water, I lit some papers on fire that we foolishly had sitting on the stove instead)
5. I am halfway through reading Volume I of Jack Kirby's Fourth World Omnibus - and I am very impressed
6. I have celebrated my birthday in nine different nations
7. My children have passports for three different countries
8. I recently finished editing Episode 50 of an audio series I've been working on since 1994
9. I once watched "Duck Soup", "Blue Velvet" and "A Clockwork Orange" as part of an all night movie marathon
10. I am slowly working my way through the "New Krypton" storyline in Trade Paperbacks. I have five books to go.
11. Over the years, birthday celebrations have included taking a helicopter ride, being part of a scavenger hunt downtown while dressed up as superheros, and having a big "Batman" party
12. It's raining outside, so I'm a bit concerned my house will soon be infested with millipedes

1. I once counted all the word balloons that each character had in v.4 of Legion of Super-Heroes - 5 Years Later. (Ultra Boy had the most!)

3. I once scripted my own audio version of The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy (and 1 1/2 of the sequels) for me and a friend to record.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
2. I can name every episode ever of Doctor Who, as well as each writer and each director

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
4. I once caused a fire in my house when I turned on the wrong stove burner (instead of boiling water, I lit some papers on fire that we foolishly had sitting on the stove instead)

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, now all the answers have been guessed, so now both correct answers have been guessed. But not in combination with each other.

Here's another hint: I really did count all the word balloons each character had in the "5 Years Later" Legion. I also did this for the Baxter run, Crisis on Infinite Earths, Legion Lost, and for the first number of years of post-crisis Superman. Does that sound as crazy as I think it does? I'm pretty sure it turned out to be Jo Nah who had the most in the mentioned Legion run, though I believe Braniac 5 might have been close behind him.

--------------------

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     

5. I am halfway through reading Volume I of Jack Kirby's Fourth World Omnibus - and I am very impressed

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

Not correct.

Hint: I am halfway through volume I of Jack Kirby's Fourth World Omnibus, and I am very impressed (although by now I'm more than halfway through, but you get the idea)

--------------------

The truth set me free

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

8. I recently finished editing Episode 50 of an audio series I've been working on since 1994

--------------------

Xben
Deputy

No. I have just finished editing "The Adventures of Captain Strong - Scourge of the High Seas" Episode 50, and the story still isn't over yet.

--------------------

The truth set me free

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

6. I have celebrated my birthday in nine different nations

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

And IB gets it.

It's true that I can pretty much name every episode of Doctor Who, but I could only manage a handful of writers and directors - not even close to all of them.

And I've only celebrated my birthday (which has just passed) in the USA (first 25), Canada (#26), and Australia (ever since then).

You are up, IB.

--------------------

The truth set me free

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Belated happy birthday, Xben. How was your birthday this year?

Would be fun to spend every birthday in a different country, but I think there's also something special about spending it with valued family and friends.

Let's see...

Which 2 of these songs aren't on my favorites list?

a) Black Balloon, Goo Goo Dolls
b) Hold Me, Savage Garden
c) Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Green Day
d) Our Lives, The Calling
e) Sandalan, 6 Cycle Mind
f) Another Day, Rent soundtrack
g) If You're Gone, Matchbox 20
h) Michelle Branch, All You Wanted
i) Don't Stop Believin', Glee Cast
j) Pare Ko, The Eraserheads
k) Raise Your Glass, Pink
l) Bon Jovi, Have A Nice Day
m) You're A God, Vertical Horizon
n)Double Vision, 3OH!3

[ June 14, 2012, 06:56 AM: Message edited by: Invisible Brainiac ]

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm so out of touch with music these days I'll go with the two songs I recognize:

g) If You're Gone, Matchbox 20

i) Don't Stop Believin', Glee Cast

[I'm assuming this is a cover of the Journey song.]

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

f) Another Day, Rent soundtrack
n)Double Vision, 3OH!3

--------------------

The truth set me free

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

c) Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Green Day
l) Bon Jovi, Have A Nice Day

--------------------

This topic comprises 133 pages: 1  2  3  ...  128  129  130  131  132  133   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.