Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » LEGIOPARDY! (an archive) (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: LEGIOPARDY! (an archive)
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
As the DC Message Boards are drawing their last breaths, the mods were nice enough to state that anyone who wanted to save any content before it was gone forever was welcome to do so.

I am one of those people.

I first joined the DC boards in spring of 2007, and a couple months afterward began what would become my very first online creative project, an online Legion-themed Jeopardy game called, appropriately enough...

LEGIOPARDY!

I really wanted it to be something special, not just some half-hearted thing, so I put tons of of research and design (well... as much design was possible with the rather basic capabilities of the DC boards) into its creation. It all paid off, as the game was a huge success with the posters, spawning no fewer than three sequels over the next two and half years.

The nicest compliment I could have gotten for that work is the fact that, despite the six-month deletion policy on the DCMBs for threads with no traffic, all four seasons of Legiopardy are still extant over there... five years later... continually bumped anytime they were in danger of dropping.

But, since the boards themselves are now coming to an end, I figured I should probably preserve the record of those early times myself. Nightcrawler was nice enough to give me permission to repost all fours threads (which will just be combined into this single one) here on Legion World for posterity. Thanks, Nighty!

I'm just putting up Season 1 right now, but the other three will follow over the next couple weeks.

I hope you enjoy this time capsule - watching me find my voice as a message board huckster; seeing some friendships being born between myself, kenaustin, and ultron7; figuring out just which poster ID's actually correspond to a couple other Legion Worlders; and watching the exciting climax in Season 4 where - after two and half years of being pestered by a certain person - I finally lose my sh!t.

Good Times [Wink]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Exnihil

-
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------

Exnihil

-
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------

Exnihil

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------

Exnihil

-
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------

Exnihil

-
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------

Exnihil

-
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------

Exnihil

-
 -
 -
 -

--------------------

Exnihil

So ended the first season of LEGIOPARDY!.

There were a couple kinks in the process, but once people got the hang of what I was doing, it was a much bigger success in the execution than I ever thought it would be during the conception.

Autumn 2007 found me at the tail end of an extended IT consulting job in Europe. I had been living for four months in a strange state of isolation, away from my wife and home and, to be honest, I was very lonely. Alone with my thoughts for so long, I decided... eh, what the hell... let me draw up another game. It will keep me busy and give me something fun to work on during my downtime.

I'm so glad I did. This second season of Legiopardy was actually much easier to put together than the first, and actually, with the addition of a lot of fun new participants (a couple of whom I would find out later were former or current Legion Worlders) there was a lot more personal type interaction - something I was really in need of at the time.

Looking back at it, I can really see my writing style loosening up and the whole "exnihil" persona really starting to take on a life of his own. I'm still particularly fond of the "let's meet our contestants" bit. I feel like little things like that broke the ice a bit and made people more apt to want to be along for the ride.

Without further ado, then... LEGIOPARDY! Season 2:

--------------------

Exnihil

-
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------

Exnihil

-
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------

Exnihil

-
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------

Exnihil

-
 -
 -
 -

--------------------

Exnihil

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.