Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Pleasure OVERDOSE!!!! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Pleasure OVERDOSE!!!!
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Just read PoCo 18.... that run is going on eBay. *bleah* Dull, like plain oatmeal.

Just noticed that Carter is looking like a fuzzy-chested hottie on the cover of HAWKMAN 17! *finally* comics are pandering to us gay boyz!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
I tried to get into POwer COmpany. THere were some great ideas but if you ask me, not enough established characters. I know they tried to rectify this by bringing Firestorm in, but it was too little too late.

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

And then FIRESTORM only lasted like 2 issues!!!

PoCo gets props for its diverse cast and the earlier issues were enjoyable but Busiek's stories really suffered the last 2-3 months in the rush to get things cleared up before the axe fell.

PoCo 18 gets a 6/10 for going out with a whimper, not a bang. 'll post more reviews later..

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
I believe even Busiek said the book was launched badly, with individual spotlight one-shots that irritated people who thought they "had" to get them all.

It had poential, but was solid rather than exceptional. It didn't stick out.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

X-STATIX 11

Once again one of the best comics available! Allred's 2-month break during Wolverine/Doop seems to have taken some of the "blockiness" off his artwork... many of the pages this month looked like Allred as inked by Vince Coletta or Dick Giordano... very enjoyable.

El Guapo will be an interesting character to watch... it took a re-read to realize just what the "third party" sharing the bed with Consuela and El Guapo was...!

The evolution of Myles and Billy Bob from teammates to lovers to just friends has been interesting and spot-on I think...

And then all the drama with Venus, Guy, Dead Girl and the Anarchist...!

9.5/10 It just doesn't get more fun than this...!

--------------------

rokk steady
Magically Delicious

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokk steady   Email rokk steady         Edit/Delete Post     
Agreed! I wuz so happy to have X-Statix back after the Wolverine/Doop detour, and it was fab-oo-lous!

--------------------
Why are you laughing at me? It's unkind, as well as puzzling!

From: City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

There's no END to your good taste, is there? [Cosmic Boy]

--------------------

rokk steady
Magically Delicious

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokk steady   Email rokk steady         Edit/Delete Post     
Why, thank you, Lashie. I am very proud of my tasting abilities. [Wink] You have an astounding amount of good taste yourself!

--------------------

From: City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
I really want to insert some double entendre here, but nothing's coming to mind.

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rokk steady
Magically Delicious

C'mon, KP! You can do better than that!

--------------------

Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
My monthly shipment of comics will be shipped tomorrow! WOOHOO! OF course I won't get them until Saturday or possibly Monday...

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

WOW! I just got my email that by books shipped out TODAY! Now I really might get them Saturday!!!!

--------------------
Touch the magic...

Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
I got MY monthlies today! And in spite of myself, I read BIRDS OF PREY 57 and BATGIRL:Y1 8 already, as well as looking through FLASH 200. BoP was fabulous, and went a long way toward assuaging any misgivings I had over Benes' first issue work. At least, the T&A wasn't the FIRST thing I noticed, and it didn't overpower the story at all. And Gail S. RAWKS!!! [Cool]

Only 27 books left to read... [Roll Eyes] Next up: LEGION 22, so I can FInally get in on the spoilerish threads I've been avoiding... [Aaahhh!]

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

HOORAY, I got some COMICS TODAY!

DR. FATE # 1

HAWKMAN # 18

JSA ALL-STARS # 4

BAD GIRLS # 1

FORMERLY KNOWN AS THE JL # 2

SUPREME POWER (Special Edition) # 1

-- I found it VERY odd that most of these are miniseries. I guess the miniseries ISN'T dead after all...!

--------------------

icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
Dr. Fate I can't wait until tommorrow when I get mine

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.