Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Pleasure OVERDOSE!!!! (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Pleasure OVERDOSE!!!!
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
HOORAY, I got SUPREME POWER (Special Edition) # 1...

You'll have to explain to me what was so special that it was worth another $2... I went with the regular release, as I wasn't sure I wanted this in the first place...

quote:
... I guess the miniseries ISN'T dead after all...!
Given the short tenures of many of today's "hot" creators, I'm more surprised everything hasn't gone to the mini format. Regular ongoings would be a series of minis, ala John Byrne's NEXT MEN , how the last three story arcs were treated like separate but connected minis.
From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Povvins-- the Spec Ed edition apparently contains a REPRINT of an early Squadron Supreme appearance (possibly the 1st appearance-- I'm not sure as I only glanced at the back of the book) ala DC's old 100 Page Spectaculars or Marvel's more recent 100 Page Monsters. And... well, YOU know I'm a sucker for that!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
'lash Do we have Hyperion/Power Princess/Whizzer etc etc or are these new characters????

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Povvins-- the Spec Ed edition apparently contains a REPRINT of an early Squadron Supreme appearance...

I'm glad I skipped this, if that's the case. I've got their first appearance, when four Avengers (Wanda, Pietro, Hawkeye, and Panther, I think) got shunted to their world while returning from Arkon's dimension. I also have most of the later Serpent Crown story, as well as the Grandmaster story which intro'ed the Squadron SINISTER (as well as the Invaders!).

I would've been pissed to get home and find I spent $2 extra for rerints of stories I already HAVE! [Aaahhh!]

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

Pov' I love love love your avatar!!!!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Poverty Lad:
I would've been pissed to get home and find I spent $2 extra for rerints of stories I already HAVE! [Aaahhh!]

"Rerints?! Roh no, Raggy!" [Laugh Out Loud]
Stu
Time Trapper

quote:
Originally posted by icefire:

The best part is, you can even pretend it's a Moy-drawn DARK PHOENIX! [Big Grin] How cool would that be? [Cool]
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Povvins' avatar is indeed da bomb.

I *do* have the Serpent Crown story (which intro'd me to the SS) and it is a favorite.

This reprint appears to be the Wanda/Pietro dealie you mention-- which I have NEVER read, so I am VERY excited! This book will make a fine addition to my SS collection!

Icey-- I am only ASSUMING this is gonna be the remnants of the SS-- Hyperion, Power Princess, Skrullian Skymaster, Amphibian, Dr. Spectrum, Whizzer and Nighthawk (these are the 7 who were the team at the end of SS: NEW WORLD ORDER) but I certainly hope the other surviving SSers -- Arcanna/Moonglow, Skylark/Lady Lark, The Shape and Ape X (hopefully cured of her catatonia!) make an appearance! I'm gonna read these books shortly and post some reviews!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

icefire
Just like old Times!

Can't wait for the review on this and Dr. Fate. Hector is so sexy!!!!!!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

Pov

quote:
Originally posted by Stu:
quote:
Originally posted by icefire:

The best part is, you can even pretend it's a Moy-drawn DARK PHOENIX! [Big Grin] How cool would that be? [Cool]
Thanks, Icefire. I loved Jeff Moy's cover to LEGIONNAIRES 66, and was disappointed he didn't do the interiors...*sniff* [Frown] Lightnin' Scott was awesomely fast in getting me hooked up after i sent him a scan last night. [Love]

And Stuey... I have a Moy Phoenix... sort of... [Big Grin] I'll have to mail it to you, you'll see what I mean... [Evil]

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Well I got the only Supreme Power my store still had, with the kid wrapped in the flag on the cover. I think its the regular edition. And I would have liked the special since I don't have that SS appearance.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Does anyone else think that DC has reason to gripe that Marvel is again using their version of the JLA in a miniseries? It's one thing to pit them against the Avengers in an obvious homage, but now they've become their own entity and it's still basically the JLA (this Dr Spectrum even has a green and black outfit!).

Btw, this isn't the same Squadron Supreme we've been reading about -- I guess you can call it an "Elseworlds" version of the Squadron. (which is still, let's face it, the Marvel version of JLA)

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

quote:
Originally posted by Poverty Lad:
And Stuey... I have a Moy Phoenix... sort of... [Big Grin] I'll have to mail it to you, you'll see what I mean... [Evil]

Got it... all I can say is...

OH MOY GODDESS...! [Eek!] [Big Grin]

Pov

Heheh...! [Evil]

I may play around with it now, color it as a "Dark Phoenix" piece for ya!

And everyone else, I'm not being coy about sharing this-- the piece involves nudity, and I didn't think this was an appropriate forum. If you want to see it, and alot of OTHER great Moy art, check out the jeffmoyart Y-group!

Stu
Time Trapper

Moy's nude Phoenix is pretty eye-opening...

...until you see Moy's nude Saturn Girl, Umbra, and... most of all, Triad Triad Triad...! [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.