Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Nightwing (spoilers) (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Nightwing (spoilers)
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Wonder if that was purely Devin or not. At any rate, very nice. I hope it sticks somehow.

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stratum           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, the story wrapped up quite nicely and by God it had better stick!

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
armsfalloffboy
huh?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for armsfalloffboy   Email armsfalloffboy         Edit/Delete Post     
So, for those of us who are unable to follow Stratum's advice on reading the last page....what happened?

--------------------
The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Click Here For A SpoilerDick asks Babs to marry him... [Elastic Lad]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

Sorry, AFB, I normally don't mind spoiling but this one was one you had to see for yourself, IMO.

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Pov:
Click Here For A SpoilerDick asks Babs to marry him... [Elastic Lad]

I read that a few weeks ago. But what was the answer?
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Click Here For A SpoilerNothing verbal. They kissed in the last panel, and Babs was wearing the ring

--------------------

Pov

quote:
Originally posted by Stratum:
Sorry, AFB, I normally don't mind spoiling but this one was one you had to see for yourself, IMO.

Jamie

*gulp!* [Frown]

Sorry, Jamie! You're trying not to spoil it and I'm blabbing left and right... [No]

But spoilers don't do the scene justice... people should at least take a look at it if they're not buying it til DG's gone (like me [Big Grin] ).

--------------------

Stratum
Booster Club President

Pov,

No worries. I just wanted everyone to know why I didn't spoil it. In light of all the bloodshed in comics right now, that cliffhanger surprised me more than any other in a long time.

And you're right. It's something that when you read it, you don't quite believe it's happening. And one should see it for him/her self.

Jamie

Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
The end did come out of left field, didn't it?

But so did a turn for Rose Wilson... maybe even for Dick, himself. Though that turn is one fans have been waiting for for SOOOOO long now.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
WHOOO HOOO!

I danced a jig at that sight. There was a similar scene a few years ago, and I had the same tingly feeling as then.

Say what you will about Grayson's run (I defend this gal a lot) she wrote a hell of a last issue. I'm sure editorial gave her some end points, but she pulled them all off very well.

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
We're two issues in to OYL, with a new creative team.

I wasn't too excited with the first OYL ish. There was little story. We got introduced to two Nightwings, and two costumes. The original outfit on the new Nightwing seemed wrong, and the new outfit was a sad derivative. Everyone ranted about Devin writing Dick out of character, but Jones didn't do any better. And Dick's life seemed more out of focus than before.

The new issue was a big change. Lots of action, tho' I don't think the artist drew with the kind of energy McDaniel or Hester have. I'm not liking Jones' interpreation of Dick, but I'm willing to see where he's going.

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Pretty much in agreement, CJ. I'm a little put-out that Jones has Dick in bed with the redhead of the week-- who is he now, Wolverine?! [Razz] It shows a gross misunderstanding of Dick and Babs' relationship. I wasn't expecting much to come of Devin's little "Easter egg" at the end of her final issue, but this was a poorly executed way of writing it off.

As someone who was terminably bored 5 issues into Jones' Hulk run, I'm happy with the action we're seeing. Jason's a good foil for Dick. I'd like to see him as a permanent adversary-- with his OWN identity. [Razz]

We've had worse art on NIGHTWING. If the stories hold my interest, I'm willing to let this team develop their own style for the book.

Major sticking point storywise-- Dick, behind on the rent? Needing a job?? Shyeah, right. [Roll Eyes] Although, the job he ended up with... [ROTFLMAO]

--------------------

Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Isn't Dick also appearing in one of the bat titles for awhile? I need to know, since neither NIGHTWING or OUTSIDERS are featuring a Dick Grayson that I recognize.

I liked seeing Clancy again... the blond twins are vaguely interesting... I kind of like Jason Todd as a villainish anti-hero (is that how we're supposed to see him? Or is he out-and-out villain, in your opinion), but for the love of comics, give them distinctive costumes. I don't care if they squabble over the name for awhile, but they shouldn't look like twins.

Lookalikes-- Dick and Jason, the blond gangster twins, Cheyenne or Cayenne or whatever her name is and Barbara... just hit us over the head, why don't you?

Can Two-Face be far behind?

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

3rd OYL issue for Nightwing out today, and it's the big disappointment for me. This is worse than what you folks had complained about with Devin's writing.

Out of character, irresponsible, this isn't Dick G. There's bit of dual exposition that's done nicely, but the set up around it is all wrong. The only good thing in the story is it looks like the dual NW thing is getting dealt with failry soon. (Maybe.)

Only 3 issues in, and we got a fill in artist already. Diaz did a good job, I liked his work. But it didn't fit with the established art, and certainly felt out of place.

Why not just cancel the title, DC? You dn't need to drive it into the ground first.

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  9  10  11   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.