Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Stormwatch (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Stormwatch
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
The Wildstorm universe recently got a reboot relaunching many of their titles. Unlike Crisis the changes were in the universe were mild. Some little retcon here or there.

Well three former dead SW members came back this issue. Hellstrike and Fuji!!! They don't know who brought them back someone who bent time/space.

They show the Anti-Monitor in shadows!?!?! whoa!

[ September 10, 2011, 05:54 PM: Message edited by: Reboot ]

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
UJ, you're my hero!

This is a great book on it's own, and with the recent hints between here and ION, folks should be giving the Wildstorm books more than a glance.

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
lol, thanks CJ. I've always liked the Wildstorm stuff. Love the new stuff as well. It's a great universe.
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Bump for the new issue out this week. Gage is really building the WildStorm universe to be something wild and exciting again.
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Just put the first trade on my order list with DCBS based on CJ's enthusiasm.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Latest issue rocked! The naked girl! The villains attacking the police hq! cool villains btw! The traitor? Oh and the cops seems like they are going to kick tail.
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

What did you think UJ? John and his Boys Blue showed Defile why you don't mess with guys with guns. I liked how the PHD each used their own special talents to extricate themselves from their situation.

And Jackson King's manipulation of Farenheit is exactly what makes the WSU different from the DCU. And why I enjoy it.

CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

And now- Stormwatch Prime!
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

CJ, i loved the latest issue. Some good old fashioned comic book superhero violence. It was pretty action packed.

You think Farenheit bought the lie that she was being brainwashed? Yeah if that was a DC or Marvel book it would've been a huge deal. PHD forgives(/manipulates) their traitor members. [Smile]

Can't wait for next issue. Fuji and Winter are the guys I think about when I think of SW. (it's winter right?)

CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Yeah, Farenhiet has that naive superhero idolization thing still. Her freakout over Paris' past was a bit much.

Never been a big Fuji fan, but Winter has to be my favourite WSU character. Throw in Hellstrike, and these three can take on DC's Trinity.

Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

To show you how much I know of Stormwatch...I get Winter and Hellstrike confused. Hellstrike is the one I meant. The guy that glows blue energy. [Wink]

I also never was a big fan of Fuji but he ain't bad. He's no Blok though. [Wink]

Hunt Drouin
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hunt Drouin   Email Hunt Drouin         Edit/Delete Post     
I loved the old Brian Hitch Stromwatch and got all their trade paperbacks. The last one had just about everyone die in the "Aliens" crossover.

So, today, I picked up issue # 8 of the new Stormwatch book and all the people who died in the old series are right here. I haven't gotten issues 1 - 7 so I have no idea if this was explained. Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks!

From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
I dredged this up from wikipedia:

"Several dead characters are back for this series, thanks to the events of Captain Atom: Armageddon, in which the Wildstorm universe underwent a "soft reboot" with minor changes in continuity. In this new series, Stormwatch has been reconstituted as the UN's superteam, but a branch office has been set up in New York. Entitled Stormwatch: P.H.D. (Post Human Division), they are underfunded and overworked, their mission is to find "cost-effective" methods of saving the day. The series follows the branch office as their leader, former Weatherman Jackson King, tries to defeat superhuman menaces and balance the tight budget. The team consists of King, NYPD officer John Doran, a depowered Fahrenheit, a former Stormforce soldier codenamed Paris, a master manipulator and former moll to supervillains called Gorgeous, a former sorcerer's apprentice named Black Betty, a shape-shifting ex-supervillain and forensics expert named Dr. Mordecai Shaw a.k.a the Monstrosity, and an ex-supervillain and technology expert called the Machinist.

The comics are being collected into trade paperbacks:

* Volume 1 (160 pages, July 2007, ISBN 1401215009)"

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Just put the first trade on my order list with DCBS based on CJ's enthusiasm.

Think I'll get the trade too. Looked up some reviews to answer Hunt Drouin's question on the new Stormwatch and found many glowing recommendations. Apart from Sleeper, I had found the old Wildstorm universe kind of bogging down story-wise.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hunt Drouin
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hunt Drouin   Email Hunt Drouin         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Cramer!
From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.