Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Booster Gold - Giff & DeMatteis w/ Batista! (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Booster Gold - Giff & DeMatteis w/ Batista!
Stratum
Booster Club President

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stratum           Edit/Delete Post     
The funny thing about the 'Sprock' line is that it went totally under my radar as it just seems like something he would say.

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey thor2168, a couple of us were throwing around the "Rip is Booster" idea during 52! I'd say I'm less inclined to believe it now that 52 has passed, but it's still an interesting theory!!

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Another good issue, but comics with Infectious Lass usually are! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Got the first two issues and really enjoyed them.

Glad to see Booster back.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes this is a good book! I fear it might get confusing (considering it deals with time travel...), but right now, I can fully enjoy it. I especially like the tiny panels from the past like the infamous Phantasm/Pantha Teen Titans. Makes the DCU feel more consistent.
From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Seeing Booster get hammered with Jonah Hex was great! Don't drink and drive in the time-stream!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
No comments from issue 4 yet? It was great to see Barry and Wally teamed up again, but I wish there had been a Legion appearance again. [Smile]

--------------------
Craig C.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Healex
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Healex   Email Healex         Edit/Delete Post     
I was slightly disappointed with issue number 4. I was starting to get used to Infectious Lass' one panel appearances. [Smile]
From: Tampa | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

So this issue, as mentioned on a couple of other threads, we get "Lightning Saga(s) Strike Twice? 3000+8" on Rip Hunter's chalkboards, and he tells Rex Hunter his lab is complete with Brainiac 5's 31st century computer tech. That's about all the Legion-y goodness tied to #5.

However, we do find out the evil time trio (Ultra-Humanite, Despero, & Per Degaton) are behind the space-time continuum disruptions. I'm sure they are leading us back to the next Lightning Saga, seeing as how they made a few cameos during the first one (that didn't seem to tie in there at the time...).

Gotta love a big tapestry. Next issue, Booster and Beetle, back together. Tragically, I'm sure the reunion is destined to be brief, as this very issue Rip tries to demonstrate to Michael that some things are absolute.

Still enjoying this book quite a bit!

[ December 15, 2007, 12:26 AM: Message edited by: Omni Craig ]

--------------------
Craig C.

Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
As a huge Barbara Gordon fan, this issue punched me in the gut... Booster's repeated attempts to right the percieved wrong of her crippling at the hands of the Joker, in vain... His frustration was mine, even though I have the outsider's knowledge of Babs doing much more good as Oracle than she did as Batgirl. [sigh]

Great issue.

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Yes it was... Booster Gold has been a really good read since the relaunch. I'm especially digging the "done in 1"-- sorta-- approach. Very refreshing!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Still DC's best ongoing comic, beating out even JSA, Green Lantern and Jonah Hex!

Not much praise I can add that hasn't already been added, other than Jurgen's art hasn't looked this good since his Superman run with Brett Breeding inks.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Blue(s) and Gold, together again!!!!

I'm stoked, I don't know about the rest of you! Booster 6 was quite a treat, although I don't trust the "future" Blue Beetle (from the 27th century). I feel like he's got an ulterior, sinister motive that hasn't reared it's head yet. Rip doesn't like what Booster and the Beetles are trying to do, and his paranoias are usually dead on! [Smile] I think this issue, while I enjoyed the end very much, is going to ultimately go the route of "be careful what you wish for"... (like the Return of Barry Allen twist, etc.)

Whatever! I'm along for the ride!

--------------------
Craig C.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Future Beetle is totally evil! [Big Grin]

I'm also loving the time-travel fun that gives us the 'Beetles'. Ted & Booster together again is a treat.

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I read # 0, and 7-8 last night, they were GREAT... love how Booster is apparently getting retroactive ZERO HOUR and DC 1 MILLION issues, and the upcoming JLI issue will be a must-get.

Beetle's sort-of death-wish seems to be some pretty heavy foreshadowing... and yeah, I can't recall Jurgen's art looking this good since Perez inked it.

--------------------

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.