Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Lone Ranger (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: The Lone Ranger
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Love love loved this trade...cannot say that enough.

That being said, I am going to order the rest of the trades for the original series, the LR and Tonto trade as well as the LR / Zorro trade. Birthday gifts from my parents - YAY!

Following that, since my shop sold out of issue 2 of the latest series...I am going to trade wait this series. It was actually a difficult decision to make, but since I will have a nice collection going already, might as well keep it up.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Only thing about trade-waiting for LR is that Dynamite seems notoriously slow to collect some series into trade format. I'm dying for a second Warlord of Mars trade for example, but there is none solicited thru June even though the series is soliciting in the twenties. Also, the LR Vol. 4 trade ("Resolve") that wrapped up the previous series came out FOREVER after that series wrapped!

Might wanna make sure your CBS guy can't backorder #2 for ya.....

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll probably just hit up another shop...I know I am not going to be able to wait...
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Love the first part of the current "Secret Origin of Tonto" story arc. Chalk full of characterization for Tonto, and the artwork by Ande Parks is just incredible to behold!

The Lone Ranger remains (to me) the high point of everything Dynamite is offering. Quality-wise, it delivers month in and month out. I wish it would sell better becuase I'd love 100 issues like we've been getting.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Both the main Lone Ranger series and the concurrent Chuck Dixon mini have been really fantastic. Terrific art, great storytelling and western comics just done right.

I'd say the clear BEST OF designation for Dynamite Comics these days is the Lone Ranger. These comics are as good as anything else going right now.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.