Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Misheard Song Lyrics (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Misheard Song Lyrics
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
What song lyrics have YOU heard that turned out to be something else when you learned them.
eg:
"Excuse me while i kiss this guy"
is
"excuse me while i kiss the sky"
Purple Haze - Jimi Hendrix (check out the Ozzy osbourne/Lenny Kravitz version of this song BTW)

For years I thought the til tueday song Voices Carry went - "oh whine, whine, she's so scary"
Then I learned the name of the song <grin> felt a bit silly after that.

What's you're misheard song lyric?

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
There is a website (or was) devoted to this very important subject -- and it's titled kissthisguy.com!

I have two -- the usual "Blinded by the Light" problem "wrapped up like a douche" instead of "revved up like a deuce."

I also still have no idea what the refrain from "Rocket Man" is. I will occasionally look up the actual lyric, say "oh, yeah" then promptly forget it.

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Well the song "Because the Night" (Because the night belongs to lovers...) I first heard as "Meatloaf, the night belongs to lovers" But knew I was mis-hearing it. It wasn't until Natalie Merchant sang it that I figured it out. Although I still sometimes think it is "Be close, the night belongs to lovers" Which I think could also work.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
There's a line in 'Love Is A Stranger' by the Eurythmics that me and my sister argued about for years. I thought it was 'leaves you like love train' and she thought it was 'leaves you like sausage' (Ok, so neither makes sense, but....) then I finally caved and looked up the lyrics on the net and it's actually 'leaves you like a zombie' which isn't *nearly* as amusing.

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
There are a couple of songs that use the words "heart on" (i.e. "a heart on the outside is dangerous" -- Dahlia Seed), but it always sounds like "hard on"...
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
(ahhh b/c the night belongs to lovers...bless Natalie...that got me lots of college girls back in the day)

Snapping out of memory lane...

The one my friends still make fun of me today...Come On Eileen...I swore it was Cmon Mon Ami until about age 18.

I blame it on being a first generation american...but there are about 1000 more examples. doh! But while i felt stupid the girls thought it was adorable. I remember getting NIN all messed up. [Wink]

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
When I was seven or eight I kept hearing, on my folks' radios tuned to Easy Listening stations, a mostly-instrumental version of "One-Ton Tomato." It just had that opening phrase sung, in some weird inflected way (I thought), by the chorus.

It was another five years before I realized it was "Guantanamera" ...

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
armsfalloffboy
huh?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for armsfalloffboy   Email armsfalloffboy         Edit/Delete Post     
The greatest misheard song lyric I've ever heard wasn't my own, but a good friend of mine's:

"I've got two chickens to paralyze" sung to the tune of Eddie Money's "Two Tickets to Paradise." Go on, sing it. Quietly, if you're at work. Tell me you're not smiling.

--------------------
The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
LMAO!!! CHICKENS! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
profh0011
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for profh0011   Author's Homepage   Email profh0011         Edit/Delete Post     
Mike Nesmith did a skit on his ELEPHANT PARTS video about realizing his dream to sing with a mariachi band. It went fine, until he sang the wrong lyrics, "One ton tomato", at which point the band walked off in disgust. (He then tried to figure out what the right words were, and asked, "One ton of mayo?"

More recently, John Fogerty had fun with his own lyrics, when doing BAD MOON RISING in concert, he pointed offstage and sang, "Therrrrrrrrre's a bathroom, on the right."

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
When I was in the grocery store, Sheena Easton's "You Could Have Been With Me" came on. Y'know, the BEST sappy ballads are played at the grocery store. I ALWAYS get caught singing along. Anyway, I think the the song goes:

"You could have beeeeeeeeeeeeeen with me
Instead of alone and nothing."

I just don't think that's right.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Bleh. Just looked it up. It's "Instead of alone and lonely." Dumb song anyway.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
profh0011
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for profh0011   Author's Homepage   Email profh0011         Edit/Delete Post     
There was this BANANA SPLITS song that for decades I thought the name (and chorus) of it was "For the love of it". I recently found it on a CD and it turns out the song is actually "You're The Lovin' End". (A 35-year-long mystery solved...)
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
Banana Splits? I think I have one of their comic books in the basement...
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
In Satchmo's "What a Wonderful World," there's a line that for years I either heard as "don't say good-night" or "dogs say good-night," and could never figure out that it was "dark, sacred night."

Steely Dan's "Hey 19" I always heard as "May 19th."

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.