Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Misheard Song Lyrics (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Misheard Song Lyrics
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Back in the day, I thought that Enya's "Orinoco Flow (Sail Away)" went:

Save the whales, save the whales, save the whales

Not that funny, I know, but I'll post just about anything tonight.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
In the Guess Who's "No Time," there's a line that goes:

No time left for you
On my way to better things

For years, I heard it as On my way to metaphase. I thought maybe the narrator was transforming into a new creature or something.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Stealth, I thought that one was, "Say a prayer, say a prayer..."

[shrug]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Huey, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the actual lyric. Burton Cummings was always an arch-weirdo, something I didn't learn to appreciate until the wondrous Julian Cope enlightened me.

Cleome, that would have been kind of funny considering that she seems to be a pagan.

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
It sounds like Cummings is saying "bettah things." Maybe that's a Canadian accent, or maybe he's switching from margarine.

--------------------

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
"Drive-by love
It's drivin' me mad
It's makin' me craaazyyyy..."

(I like my version better and I'm keeping it. Nyah!)

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

When that song came out, I thought Miller was singing "Jug O' Love." [Smile]

--------------------

Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
Andy Bell (of Erasure) has a new song out called DHDQ - When I first heard it I thought the chorus was "Dirty Harry Drag Queen" it is actually "Debbie Harry Drag Queen". The first one makes me giggle hysterically now that I know the real lyrics.

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

quote:
Originally posted by He Who Wanders:
When that song came out, I thought Miller was singing "Jug O' Love." [Smile]

[LOL]

Proving conclusively that your arrival in this den of iniquity was predestined.

--------------------

Raging Bull
Maverick

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raging Bull           Edit/Delete Post     
For the longest time, I could not figure out what Natalie Merchant was singing in 10,000 Maniacs' version of "Peace Train." I was unaware of the Cat Stevens original, and Merchant's peculiar enunciation (which seemed to completely ignore the letter "r" in certain words) made the words "peace train" sound like gibberish.

It sounded most like "pea stain" to me, but I knew those couldn't be the words. I eventually decided that she was singing "beasty" with a bizarre accent, and that the song was about some kind of magical creature that lived "out on the edge of darkness" and would allow hopeful hippies to ride on its back.

--------------------
♦ Translated from 31st century Texan to 21st century English ♦

From: The open range | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

[Matter-Eater Lad - Animated]

"...Baked ziti
Baked ziti nights..."

[Night Girl]

--------------------

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

"I saw a goose
I saw a goose
I saw a goose
I saw a goose
But where it's goin'
No one knoose"

--------------------

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

"People pooping on the floor
Watch me heading for the door"

--------------------

the Hermit
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Hermit   Author's Homepage   Email the Hermit         Edit/Delete Post     
For over 40 years I've been trying to figure out the line after "Can you help me" in Black Sabbath's Paranoid. Still no luck. Guess that just goes to show Ozzy was as unintelligible then as he is now.

--------------------
First comic books ever bought: A DC four-for-47-cents grab bag that included Adventure #331. Been addicted ever since.

From: Stuck in the Psychedelic Era | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Hermit, the next few words are "occupy my brain."

The full lyrics can be found here.

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.