Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Which Lost character are you? (Page 13)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 24 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  22  23  24   
Author Topic: Which Lost character are you?
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
I remember being kind of annoyed at Cindy's disappearance. She'd kind of fascinated me since the Pilot, and then, just when it looked like she was going to become a major character, she vanished.

Hmmm, Adding an aside Spoiler to discuss this without Lash

Click Here For A SpoilerCindy's re-appearances frustrated me more. She and the kids are huge plot hole for the Others, as it looks like they're brainwashed/indoctrinated, but then no, they're just hanging out. It was so sloppy that it makes you wonder if the creators actually knew what the Others were all about or just made it up as they went along.

The other point of frustration was Juliet. Yes, she was an "outsider" but she was enough a part of their society to get the punishment branding, and was close with Ben and other high ranking members. That she didn't know ANYTHING useful to tell the Losties after her defection was confirmed is ridiculous. Heck she played house with Sawyer for FIVE YEARS, and there was nothing she told them about the temple, theories about Jacob, the Monster, etc.?

From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Click Here For A Spoiler
My assumption is that they must have simply done something which convinced Cindy that they actually are the "good guys" and that joining them is the right thing to do. But what that is... I don't know. Maybe they did something similar to curing Juliet's sister for her? We could definitely have used some sort of Cindy flashback episode to work this stuff out and explain the Other more generally. I'm pretty sure they could've cut at least one Jack/Kate/Locke flashback to make room for it. Also irritating is that the final fate of her and the kids is not made clear in the show. Apparently, the Lost Encyclopedia indicates that they survived and continued to live on the island under Hurley's stewardship, but it would have been nice to get some closure to their subplot.

I can kind of understand Juliet not knowing about the Temple, and not knowing much about the monster, but, yeah, it definitely seems like she should have some more useful intel than she does.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Click Here For A SpoilerThe Others are right up there on my (short) list of mis-handled LOST sub-plots.

They evoked such danger/menace (to me anyway) in these early seasons and then just became so banal later on. I guess that was part of the twist with them but it was still a bit of a dropped ball IMO.

Plus - they (and Jacob and Richard and Ben) were so downright evil in their killing of innocent people for vague and selfish reasons that it always pissed me off that they didn't get more of a come-uppance for their actions than they did. I know most of the secondary Others died - but I wanted to see Richard and Ben pay a lot higher price than they did. Ben was a great character and Michael Emerson gave a phenomenal performance as him, but that character had earned a much worse fate than that happy, island-buddy existence with Hurley that the show left him with.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't remember lesbian Cindy from the pilot at all. Surely I would have remembered her making out with some chick. Anyone wanna refresh my memory of her pilot appearance?

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
She was the one who gave Jack the extra tequilla bottle on the sly with a sexy little grin that indicated perhaps she might let Jack watch her next lesbian flight attendent makeout session.

Hm, I like her a lot more now that I typed that.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH's back:
I don't remember lesbian Cindy from the pilot at all. Surely I would have remembered her making out with some chick. Anyone wanna refresh my memory of her pilot appearance?

Cindy was the flight attendant who gave Jack the second mini bottle of vodka (or whatever type of liquor it was)

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

OHHH! I totes liked her!!!! Thanks guys!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Both Dave H and Teeds have implied that I should really enjoy the next episode... let's see just how well they know their old buddy MLLASH...

e7

Hmm. Based on the opening segment, I am guessing this will be another winner. Looks like a focus on Ana Lucia crew's ordeal on the island. I had guessed by the title (The Other 48 Days) that this ep would focus on the No Name Squad survivors on Jack's side and thell their stories but this works too.

Poor Cindy... I think she's off the clock since the plane crashed, Eko!

So we meet Goodwin. I won't get attached despite his kinda-handsomeness and great hair because I know he's gonna get OTHERed to death...

Bernard's a smidge annoying here but probably because it's just post-crash... I am sure once he quits whimpering a little my annoyance will pass... (can you tell I'm trying to decide if he's good enough for my beloved Rose?)

Yeesh. I sure wouldn't have wanted to end up on Ana L's side of the island... that side sucks!

Our first real glimpse of The Others... they're just people like you and me. When you smash a rock in their face, do they not bleed and die? Now to figure out just what their deal is... do they abduct others then force them to become one of them through some sort of Island Stockholm Syndrome indoctrination? WHY do this? What is their link to this Dharma Initiative? Are they the free-love hippies behind it all?

And creepyass Nathan is found out... why are the hot ones always so cray-cray?

TWIST!!!!! Goodwin is evil and surly yet hot though now dead Nathan is innocent!

Good riddance, jackass. You don't eff with Ana. "The kids are fine"... "Nathan wasn't a good person"... the words of Goodwin imply to me that the Others are definitely free-love hippies seeking to grow their deviant ranks!

Boone's voice! It's like sex for my ears [Smile] And thus the last remnants of my purgatory theory are ground beneath the heels of the writing staff of LOST which I have obviously left now, with the revelation of what Boone actually heard versus what the show (and captions) were trying to make us think we heard...

The softer side of Ana I wanted! Obviously I was wrong... I'm still in the past cowriting under an assumed name.

And we're up to date! Def. a winning episode, full of information and backstory and just plain MEETING THESE PEOPLE, all things I like.

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

Definitely one of the classic episodes! The first one to break format and take place entirely on the island, as I recall!

It was definitely the sucky group to be in! Even their Dharma station pretty much sucked compared to Jack's crew's!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I always LOVED the opening (I think) shot of this episode with all of the plane wreckage raining out of the sky onto that pristine beach.

LOST had some GREAT images/sequences!

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Bernard's a smidge annoying here but probably because it's just post-crash... I am sure once he quits whimpering a little my annoyance will pass

-

*GLARE*!

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

e8

Goodbye Shannon... I suspect your death was more a cost-saving measure so that LOST wouldn't have to pay for Ian to appear in flashbacks anymore...

Eko's met his fighting match in Sayid!

ROSE!!!! GOLF!!!! And I'm going to have to take a brief nap and resume this ep afterwards. Seeya shirtly.

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

Fun fact: Originally, in the alt-Lost in which Jack died, it was supposed to be Kate's husband who was in the tail section. As plans changed, this no longer fit the character, and so they created Rose primarily to use this plotline!
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Rose heard how much I love her. She had this to say in reply:

-

Just like Boone when he heard about that dream I had:

-

--------------------

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
e8

Goodbye Shannon... I suspect your death was more a cost-saving measure so that LOST wouldn't have to pay for Ian to appear in flashbacks anymore...

Eko's met his fighting match in Sayid!

ROSE!!!! GOLF!!!! And I'm going to have to take a brief nap and resume this ep afterwards. Seeya shirtly.

I really liked Shannon as well ....

Ana Lucia and Echo are also some of my faves ... along with the Sun and Jin

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 24 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  22  23  24   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.