Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » the all-LINDA GRAY (TV's Sue Ellen) thread feat. the whole DALLAS gang! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: the all-LINDA GRAY (TV's Sue Ellen) thread feat. the whole DALLAS gang!
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I was really bored so I rented DALLAS seasons 1 & 2.

Linda Gray is a sensation as Sue Ellen Ewing.

I especially love it when she gets drunk (frequently, and not diminshed at all after she learned she's pregnant) or makes a catty remark.

She must be recognized and celebrated for her 80s awesomeness.

DALLAS S1&2, BTW, has turned out to be mega-fun and hilarious.

[ August 01, 2007, 03:22 PM: Message edited by: MLLASH ]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
In which season was Click Here For A SpoilerJ.R. shot?
From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Not sure.... but the one who commited that act first appears in late S2!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
The Ewing women definitely were all different.

Pam was the sweet, virtuous one.

Miss Ellie was the proper, maternal one.

Sue Ellen was the drunken one.

Lucy was the slutty one.

Hmmmm... sounds like my family reunion [Wink]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I had forgotten just how beautiful Victoria Principal was... just stunning. Lucy was a hottie too, I didn't remember much about her but I now see she has the funniest, bitchiest lines!

And that Ray Krebbs.... whooo-weee!

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Pov:
In which season was Click Here For A SpoilerJ.R. shot?

end of the 4th, if memory serves. (I'll plus/minus one season in either direction, though)
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Most of the surviving cast, recently reunited in Paris! Yeah, I'm now obsessed with the show...

Click for fullsize image

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

You'll note Linda Gray still looks fabulous.

--------------------

Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
I remember hearing that the Sue Ellen role was originally intended to be a very small one. The focus of the show was to be the Bobby and Pam romance. Linda Grey had very few lines in the pilot, so she decided to show her acting chops by giving these intense emotional facial expressions whenever they put the camera on her. The directors were taken aback, and quickly got the writers to beef up her character.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

I didn't realize Larry Hagman was still alive.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Jerry, it would appear you are right re: Sue Ellen... in the shorter first season, she isn't one of the 'stars' with her face and name in the opening credits, that doesn't happen until about 7 episodes in.

Kent, my bf also did not think Larry Hagman was still alive.

--------------------

Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
DALLAS was fun, but it paled in comparison to it's 'sequel' (which was actually conceived first, I think), KNOT'S LANDING.
From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
God, when I think of how much of my youth was spent watching nighttime soaps...

Dallas
Dynasty
Falcon Crest
Knots Landing
Flamingo Road
The Colbys

I was so gay, even then... [Wink]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Of those, I only watched Dallas, and then only for a season or two (I was one of the ones drawn into the "Who shot JR?" hype, I admit. the local channel also re-ran season one around that time).
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

So the bf and I came up with the following drinking game, based on DALLAS S1&2.

Take a drink whenever:

SUE ELLEN has a cocktail

ANYONE is on the telephone

LUCY is macking a guy

The word "EWING" is spoken

Chug your drink whenever:

JR is physically assaulted

No drinking allowed whenever:

MISS ELLIE appears onscreen

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.