Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Eureka...love this show. (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Eureka...love this show.
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
The guy who works in the restaurant in Eureka - got killed in another TV mini-series....Rest In Peace. heh. [Smile]

DVRed that today so I won't miss. [Smile]

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
The guy who works in the restaurant in Eureka - got killed in another TV mini-series....Rest In Peace. heh. [Smile]

Killed in another reality.

By any chance, the writer isn't Geoff Johns is it?

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Gol'durn it! ONly scifi i can get is reruns. I was looking forward to the show tonight. Gonna have to watch it on the 'puter tomorrow. That just flat out sucks the big one.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Double Dang'gum it! It's July 10th, not June 10th. This show is startin' to remind me of DC comics.

rassafrassin' late shows...

--------------------

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blockade Boy:
quote:
Originally posted by superboymddjr:

Killed in another reality.

By any chance, the writer isn't Geoff Johns is it?

heh nah...the Murder show - Mni-Series - called Harper's Island - quite an interesting show if I might add. He was killed by someone and put in the incinerator burned to death.
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

*sings badly*

To-nights the night...
its gonna be awl right...
cause I'm gonna love ya baby
everythings gonna be awl riiiight

--------------------

Something pithy!

rickshaw1
Leader

Yes yes yes yes yes..to quote Eddie Murphy. Man I have missed this show. Smart, quirky, funny, intelligent. I even liked the resolution of the sheriff angle being done in a sort of walk off homer solution.

I think sheriff andy could make a return as a guest star some, but I would rather see Matt Frewer's character back.

Gravitometric baby cribs and birthing chambers...funny stuff. As for Lexi, like the actress, not so much the character. Squishy sheriffs with self interest programing that reminds me of responsometers.

I love this show. Favorite scifi show of all time right here, folks.

--------------------

Something pithy!

rickshaw1
Leader

Just watched "your face or mine". It was okay. Its like it was a place holder one off episode. The pregnant sister wasn't there, but we get a possible new love interest character for Fargo.

Jo...really looks great in a slinky dress. Especially with those tanned legs, lol.

Carters little test..I think it mirrors a lot in life. You have a series of challenges. The first one is the hardest, but once you solve it, it seems to open the doors up in your head to figuring out things, and makes the others easier.

Still waiting for Matt Frewer to show back up. Things always get funnier and crazier when hes around. The Zane character...startin to look a little chubby in the face, lol. Guess being a regular on a show is paying him too well, he's eatin' to good.

--------------------

Something pithy!

rickshaw1
Leader

"Insane in the P-Brane", the third episode of season 3.5 (why not just call it 4?) finally got to the meat of the half season season.

Spoilerssssssssss

So, basically, there's this signal, and it's coming from out there...somewhere. And whatever is generating the signal...is coming as well.

This episode served to introduce us to the new angle of the shows love triangle. We have Jack, Allison, and very pretty but bad hair lady. Dont remember her name. She's cute, pretty, talks a lot as Jack mentions, is an old friend of Allison's, is attracted to Jack....Oh, and she's on loan from CETI, has reopened Section 5 (Jack HATES that section) and is going to be in charger, the lead person on that pesky signal I mentioned above.

Also, she's smart, as we mentioned in a roundabout way, and has goofy sense of humor.

At the same time, familiar ground is being covered, but in a new iteration. Allison seems to be headed down the bleak and Stark trail (yes, pun intended and relevant). She's having to keep secrets from Jack...AGAIN. Henry, our very favorite, is on the case...AGAIN.

We meet the dad of Lexi's twins, a guy that seems to be perfect...until he isn't. (And guys will dislike him because the character plays all the sensitive hollywood new-age guy notes, in other words...a doucebag. He reveals his supposedly true colors (remember, this is Eureka, there's almost always more than one angle to the story) with Lexi's big reveal.

Zane wasn't in the episode. Unfortunately, neither was Matt Frewer's character. Jo, after having her spotlight ep last ep, basically stood around ducking flying hydrants, dogs, and cars.

But, it feels like the show is finding its groove again after an interminable break.

And even pregnant, Allison is still freakin' hot. What do they have to do to ugly this woman up, hit her with a car?

Anyway, good episode and I can't wait for the next.

--------------------

Something pithy!

rickshaw1
Leader

Alright. Less than a month now til the new season of Eureka comes out.

There's been a lot of cast changes over the last few seasons, but I'm hoping it will settle down a bit and we will get some really great stories out of the new season.

--------------------

Something pithy!

superboymddjr
Quiet member

wow Eureka s becoming more and more gritty and interesting....

truly poignant with the deputy Andy - he s in love with SARAH. they are my favorite "characters" for some odd reason. [Smile]

Poor Fargo, I think he's bitten more than he's chewing...(is that how you guys say it? I am not well familiar with the idioms - may be wrong)....

and am loving Warehouse 13 and am getting warmed up on Alphas. (bonus: the new guy who can tell who s lying or not- he came out to Claudia saying "I am GAY!" heh)

rickshaw1
Leader

the phrase is "bitten off more than he can chew". but we got the jist. [Wink]

--------------------

Something pithy!

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Jo is still my favorite character, and, freakishly, I don't hate Zane this season. The change in his relationship with Jo, because of the timeline-change, actually has me interested in their relationship, instead of loathing him. [Smile]

Jack's having trouble staying professional around Alison 'on the job,' and it's irking her. That's a nice bit of tension to keep them from falling into a stale 'couple' routine.

Fargo was uncharacteristically competent in the rocket-ship excusion (and Zane uncharacteristically panicky, IMO). 'Fargo' and 'competent' are two tastes that I'm not sure were ever meant to go together in the same sammich, but I'm digging it so far. He can't be the buttmonkey forever. (And Larry can now take on that role, if they need a buttmonkey.)

I laughed at the goofy smile of enthusiasm on Deputy Andy's face when Sarah suggested that they could still be 'friends with benefits.' [Smile]

So, so, terribly wrong.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Hmmm.

Okay, the new half season is interesting, yes. But there seems to have been a mass exodus of the older characters with less than so great newer characters.

Part of what made Jack work was having the responsibility of not only being sheriff in the one town in the world where the ridiculus, the impossibly improbable and the catastrophically crazy all must happen at regular intervals for the town to have any meaning at all, and being a dad to Zoe.

Nathan worked because there was real friction between the characters.

Matt Frewer worked because while he was a bit strange and out there, his character had a bit of charm that made it incomprehensibly work.

Still, its not bad, not at all, I'll take it over nearly 95% of the mainstream crap.

but it seems like the heartbeat has slowed a bit.

--------------------

Something pithy!

Director Lad
aka Sudro Brown II

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Director Lad   Email Director Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm finally caught up (almost) to the current episode. Netflix finally made the first half of season 4 available. I watched both discs last night. Then watched all the available episodes of season 4.5 on Hulu. The tone of the show has certainly changed, but I do like how they've kept the relationships dynamic over the lifetime of the show. I do miss Nathan, but the arc they've created for Jo this season has been great.
From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.