Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Eureka...love this show. (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Eureka...love this show.
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
I agree with that about Jo, DL. She's much more in charge than she was before, and its bringing out more interesting aspects. I did like the Drill Instructor moments though, it brought us back a little to her roots at the beginning of the show, where she was a gun-totin' badass.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, this ep was much better. First, it had Zoe in it. Second, there was a feel much more akin to the first season with Beverly back as a baddie. third, Allison looked smokin hot, moreso than usual. 4th, while the tech was a little out there, much more believable and worked very well for the episode.

Season seems to be getting a direction. Good, it needed it after the last one, which was kinda flat.

--------------------

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Director Lad
aka Sudro Brown II

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Director Lad   Email Director Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Ugh. Syfy seems determined to ensure I never watch their network. EW.com is reporting that they've canceled Eureka, which leaves no shows on Syfy that I have any interest in.

I really don't understand the mindset of the executives over there. They couldn't keep BSG going, they cut Caprica loose after just one season, SGU got just two seasons, and now Eureka after four seasons. They've gotta know that they're not going to get the kind of numbers that the big networks get so if they can't pay for these extravagant shows, why do they tease us with a couple of seasons then pull the rug out?

From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

yeah, Carol told me about it. But they still have the episodes paid for for the fifth season from what I read. Really sucks, but I think the quality has dropped off a little this last season. Show lost too many characters that made it so fun and quirky, like Stark and Zoe on a regular basis, and Matt Frewer's character. the chemistry was messed up.

This sucks. I like Warehouse 13, but it doesn't hold the sci fi factor that Eureka does/did. Alphas is okay, but it's no Eureka.

--------------------

Something pithy!

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
They really are ramping up the geek cred with casting like Wil Wheaton and Felicia Day.

Good to see Alison getting her mojo back, and everyone working together to save the day (and Fargo being the one who figures out how to make it happen).

I think the writers are having too much fun seeing how many cliches they can throw at Larry...

It's been too long since we've been reminded that Jo is suspiciously stronger than she looks, really fond of firing big guns (why did she not shoot that chopper down at the end of last episode again? Chekov's gun, people! Don't show Jo carrying a huge-ass gun and then staring in helpless frustration at someone getting away!), and Jet Li-levels of kicking people's butts. I want to see more Action Jo and less doey-eyed-staring-at-Zane-Jo!

[ July 09, 2012, 10:23 PM: Message edited by: Set ]

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
cancel!?!? oh groan!!!!!!! I am now mightily pissed off at syfy...they better not cancel the Sanctuary! I am gonna write a letter to Syfy and screaming at them! grrrrrr
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gone
gone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gone   Author's Homepage   Email gone         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
cancel!?!? oh groan!!!!!!! I am now mightily pissed off at syfy...they better not cancel the Sanctuary! I am gonna write a letter to Syfy and screaming at them! grrrrrr

Yeah, SyFy announced that it has 1 season and 1 episode (after the current season finishes mind you) to wrap-up. Over at the official SyFy boards everryone is going ape*poo* over it. I say, at least the writers have a chance to tie up most of the dangeling plot threads and take it out with syle instead of being totally surprised with a sudden cancelation.
From: gone | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
can't believe yesterday that Zane so HOT!!!!!!! he s a BEEFCAKE!!! nice pec!!!! shirtless!!!! someone get Rockhopper Lad! whoa.
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

anyone seen tonight's episode - pretty good....especially gut wrenching with Andy!!! that was hilarious but yet at the same time sympathetic. [Smile]
Set

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Andy and Sara are my favorite couple on the show. Between the two of them, they have so much character. Andy says stuff that's just groan-inducing, and always has that huge cheesy totally sincere grin, it's hilarious. Plus there's the flat-out uncomfortableness when Andy goes off to 'be intimate' with Sara. Carter just kind of shivers, as if he's having a bad mental image... [Smile]

I spent the earlier seasons loathing Zane (and Zoe's boyfriend, whateverthehellhisnamewas), but Zane's totally turned it around for me.

Something about the character writing on this show really appeals to me. I watch new characters get introduced on other shows, and they occasionally are ham-fistedly shoved in the audience's face with a 'you *must* love this character!' tagged all over them. Here, even a character that by definition has to be kinda awesome, like Henry's surprise wife, the character has human moments, both good and bad, and isn't introduced on some sort of unassailable pedastal. The characters seem to have to earn whatever affection the audience has for them, and aren't declared by writer fiat to be 'the one you must love because they're so awesome.'

Even Carter and Alison have their moments of tension, where one or the other gets their priorities all wrong, or says the exact wrong thing, or puts off saying the right thing and lets things get out of control.

Nobody on this show seems to be getting a free ride from the writers, and that's kind of neat.

superboymddjr
Quiet member

Set yes you nailed it !!! thats what I love watching Eureka. Good to see Taggart there. He stole the spotlight as well. [Smile]

SARAH and Andy...ah...I wonder if they will get "married" at the end of the season? I hope so! [Smile]

rickshaw1
Leader

Andy and Sara are a pleasant surprise. Taggert showing up makes the season in my opinion. I can do without the Zane character. The actor is good, and I like him, but the character don't do much for me.

I'm liking the competition to get on the Astraeous mission, and I'm even Will Wheaton. I find it hysterical that I'm watching The Guild now, and Wheaton and the good lil doc tagged up on it, but not here.

The show has lost a lot of characters, some that make a quick return, hit and run, and not all the new characters have made it or been that great, but overall, the show has maintained a consistent quality that always leaves a smile on my face.

One more season to go. Gonna miss it. Hey, maybe we can get a "Serenity" style movie outta it.

--------------------

Something pithy!

rickshaw1
Leader

Well, I think we are down to the last two episodes of the series now. I hate to see the show go, since it's one of the few true Sci-fi shows out there. It's been a fun run full of great little characters, some nice extrapolations of real science and possible future applications, and some genuinely funny moments.

--------------------

Something pithy!

Set

I'm gonna miss this show.

The last episode annoyed me. As of the end of the previous episode's big reveal, it seemed 'obvious' to me that a body-blank / dupe of Grace would be handed off to Major Shaw at the end of the next episode, to 'serve her time' while allowing the real Grace to stay out of jail. When, mid-episode, Major Shaw is conveniently sent off on a wild goose chase far out of Eureka, it seemed even more likely.

And then... not so much.

Weird.

I wonder if Zoe is going to show up for the finale? I could understand if the actress is not available, but it would be odd if she didn't get an appearance in the final episode...

rickshaw1
Leader

and so it ends. as much as i loved this show, the final season of it seemed very... subdued. More of a whimper than a bang. But then, it did seem to lose a lot of impetus the last two seasons. Too many thing from outta left field that took it away from the core of the show it seemed. Still a lot of great sci-fi, lots of good with the characters that stayed with the show 'til the end, but...

Oh hell, the show lost a lot when it lost Stark. Jack had no real antagonist after that, no friend/enemy to play off. Zoe left the show, Frewer left the show...things took turns that didn't seem to pan out.

That said, it was still better than 95% of the regular fare that the big three + put out there.

Good bye, Eureka. I'm gonna miss ya.

--------------------

Something pithy!

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.