Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » So, what are you listening to? (Page 14)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17   
Author Topic: So, what are you listening to?
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4466537824796013909

The Logical Song ...

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
Posted this on the wall of a friend for her Birthday. Have gone back and listened to it three times since then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFQPNApwJGU&feature=fvwrel

From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Slade: the Collection, '79-'87. Great as their rough-and-ready 70s songs are, in my opinion the quality of their output didn't decrease one bit during their slightly glossier 80s comeback. They were always one of the greatest good-time, good-humored rock and roll bands, and this is the rare two-disc anthology that is worth the extra disc.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
^"I like rockin' wild,
Run runaway."

I watched the video of "Run Runaway" just a few days ago, and it reminded me of a friend who looked like Noddy Holder! Unfortunately, he took offense when I told him that. [shrug]

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
He took offense? How dare he? What guy wouldn't want to look like this?

-

--------------------

cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
He's aged a lot better than anyone in the Stones. Then again, who hasn't?

[TimeTrapper]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Speaking of good-time sounds:

Marcia Ball's Let Me Play With Your Poodle (1997)

Now it always makes me think fondly of my pal, C... who was devoted to his cats and his standard-size poodle. He was also the guy who insisted on getting me so drunk on my 30th birthday that I literally could not stand up.

He passed away 12 years ago. I still miss him.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

quote:
Originally posted by cleome46:
He's aged a lot better than anyone in the Stones. Then again, who hasn't?

[TimeTrapper]

Believe it or not, THESE guys are young enough to be the Rolling Stones' children!

-

--------------------

cleome46

Each response I try and type out here sounds worse than the last, so never mind.

[Poke Joke]

--------------------

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

But wasn't the whole point of posting that unflattering photo to make fun of them?

Go on, post!

And by the way, this thread is still technically on topic, because I listened to their first album recently for the first time in years. It sounds very dated.

--------------------

cleome46

I can't. I used up all my free-floating hostility against Nickelback last week.

[Embarrassed]

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fanfic Lady:
He took offense? How dare he? What guy wouldn't want to look like this?

-

He might have been reacting to Holder's goofy antics in the "Run Runaway" video. In my view, Holder and the rest are having such a good time, who cares if they're goofy or not?

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I love lots of Apocalyptica songs, but my current favorite is Not Strong Enough.

There are two versions, one by Brent Smith of Shinedown, and one by Doug Robb of Hoobastank. I like the Doug Robb version better.

I Don't Care, S.O.S. and I'm Not Jesus are also pretty awesome. Who knew cellos could rock so hard?

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
I've been busy and tired lately so I've also been lazy as hell when it comes to the cd's i've got in the truck.

for the last month it's been Slash, Apocolyptic love, Rick James greatest hits, and Concrete Blond, the Bloodletting.

I gotta break out some other stuff, like spacehog or the rippingtons or Vanessa Dao (if I'm remembering the correct spelling of her name.)

I could also go for some outlaws or BTO, or really go for some ELO.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by rickshaw1: for the last month it's been Slash, Apocolyptic love, Rick James greatest hits, and Concrete Blond, the Bloodletting.
Ooh, Concrete Blonde! I love Song for Kim, and Joey.

quote:
I could also go for some outlaws or BTO, or really go for some ELO.
Lots of good stuff on the Time album. My favorite is Twilight. Rain is Falling, Yours Truly 2095, etc. are also awesome.
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.