Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Parks & Recreation (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Parks & Recreation
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
<sigh>

I forgot to record the first episode tonight ... I am a huge Office fan and was really looking forward to this new show ...

did anybody watch? If yes, how was it? If no, well, then never mind ...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Is Rashida Jones a recurring character on this show? She's so hot!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
I watched it on NBC.com. Well, I watched the first segment. Not really my thing. Poehler can be funny, but this didn't hit my buttons. Better Off Ted on abc seems to be more on my tastes. And too, I haven't really watched NBC in about five years.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by rickshaw1:
And too, I haven't really watched NBC in about five years.

You should give "30 Rock" a try. It's hilarious!

"Better Off Ted" is a really good show! They've certainly hit the ground running in terms of character dynamics and the point of view of their humor. (the recent "racist light sensor" episode was great!)

"Parks and Recreation" might need a little time to get going. I wasn't too impressed with the first episode - it reminded me of a mediocre episode of "The Office", but it's the kind of show that works once you get to know the characters. Also, it's veered too much from the original format of the British "Office" which was funny because of how realistic the people seemed. The characters in "P&R" are already all pretty unrealistic to me (except for maybe Rashida Jones's character, but she hasn't had much to do yet) Poehler's character is also too much like Michael Scott right now - they need to make her her own person.

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Finally watched it online ... Poehler's character is definitely too much of a Michael Scott clone ... hopefully, they'll let her evolve just as they let Michael Scott evolve from a pure David Brent clone ... Rashida Jones was good, Paul Schneider too ... he was great in "Lars and the Real Girl" ... not a fan of the other characters as yet ... too negative and mean spirited ... hope the show turns into an equally funny companion to the Office ...

--------------------

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

2nd episode was okay ... loved the Guitar Hero scene ... don't want the characters to become too cartoony ...

--------------------

SharkLad
Wanderer

quote:
Originally posted by SharkLad:
hope the show turns into an equally funny companion to the Office ...

And it did... P & R is back for a third season with Rob Lowe added to the cast... like the minor players on "The Office," the supporting characters on P & R have evolved into fully fleshed-out, hysterical in their own right, vital components... anybody else watching?

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Yes. I watched all of season 1 and 2 on NETFLIX recently and FELL. IN. LOVE!

And loved the 3rd season premiere. I love Leslie's can-do yet clueless (not in an unintelligent way) 'tude.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
New this Spring to NBC following the smach hits Parks and Recreation and The Office... Going Postal. You'll love this band of misanthropic misfits as they get into zany, madcap adventures.

See Ira Buttowski get bitten by dogs. See Stella Abzugular say "I don't know, thats alotta work"! See Steve the Stoner say "If you lick the yellow stamps, you smell schnozeberries..."

You'll laugh, you'll cry, pizza will hit you in the eye!

Lawyer voiceover:

*Pizza will not actually hit you in the eye. NBC disavows all pizza eyehitting. Wearing safety goggles recommended while viewing. This offer not valid in Des Moines, Iowa, and Canada. Never could trust those Canadians. SPAGHETTI!

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Yes. I watched all of season 1 and 2 on NETFLIX recently and FELL. IN. LOVE!

And loved the 3rd season premiere. I love Leslie's can-do yet clueless (not in an unintelligent way) 'tude.

Never let it be said that Lash does not have excellent taste!

The scene in the gay club was hysterical... Rob Lowe rocks!

Best lines...

"The answer has been right in front of us the whole time..."
"Eww, 'Check your testicles?'"
"No, not that... although that is very good advice"

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I'll need to make one thing very very clear:

MEGAN MULLALY is the finest woman on earth and I love her totally and completely. I love everything she has ever done or will do, including the "I Can't Belive It's Not Butter" commercial.

And I love that she reprised her whacked-out role of Ron's ex-wife on tonight's fantastic episode.

SO happy this show is back!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

SharkLad
Wanderer

She was hysterical... dancing with Tom in the bar and then beating the crap out of him in the library... great scenes with Jerry and Donna at the intervention too...

Next week's cover of EntertainmentWeekly... "101 Reasons We Love Parks and Recreation"... I hope more people check it out...

--------------------

SharkLad
Wanderer

As annoying as I find Ben, his pining for Leslie is actually very sweet... Still, I hope they don't come up with a lame, implausible way to keep him and Rob Lowe's character around when they're due to leave Pawnee...

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I thought they were going to be regulars but it IS sounding like they won't last the season.

IMO, Lowe's character doesn't serve enough purpose to stick around much longer (we don;t really need him to keep Anne around because of Anne's now being a BFF with Leslie), but I'd kinda like to see Ben try to run for Mayor of Pawnee, to redeem his boyhood. [Smile]

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

>>gasp!!<< Tonight I had a semi-erotic no-sex dream about a Parks & Rec castmember, and it wasn't Rob Lowe...

-

There may be more to my desire for his character to run for mayor than I previously thought. I didn't think I thought he was hot before but maybe I do. So confused...!

--------------------

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.