Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Parks & Recreation (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Parks & Recreation
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
My Thursday trifecta is 2 for 2 in the feelgood tearing-up department.

Parks & Rec is some damn fine feel-good TV.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Community was genius tonight but P&R's ending stole the night. Wow--I almost teared up!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Great minds!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KidChaos
Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KidChaos   Email KidChaos         Edit/Delete Post     
I want Leslie Knope to pick out my Christmas gift!

--------------------
"are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over- an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist."

-Tobias Funke

From: MI | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

OMG... the "Get on Your Feet" gag at the rally was THE FUNNIEST THING I have seen in like, MONTHS.

I laughed hysterically every time it started playing...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, my. I can't decide whether this ep or the Xmas ep was more amusing. Gingerbread furnishings vs. 3-legged cute dog.

Tough call.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Brilliant episode last night... Bobby Newport rules as Leslie's opposition...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Parks & Rec has been great lately... bowling episode was hysterical... last week's Galentine's Day episode was really funny too...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm glad they kept up with Galentine's Day from last year. Remembering things like that help make the characters feel real.

Bobby Newport makes an excellent foil for Leslie. With Paul Rudd, there are now three cast members from "Our Idiot Brother" on the show. (good movie, btw!)

LOVE the show! [Smile]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Even if COMMUNITY were still running, Parks & Rec would def. be giving it a run for my most enjoyable current show.

--------------------

matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
After watching about a dozen P&R episodes over the last couple weekends, I think I enjoy the April/Andy/Ron Swanson plotlines better than the main ones. It's like when the opening band is better than the headliner.

Ann and Tom dating can't be over soon enough.

From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
I can only stand April in reeeeeeeeally small doses. In fact, right now I have a very April-ish co-worker and I almost danced for joy when she took Friday off of work. (And trust me: I wasn't the only drone who was pleased.)

The campaign manager for Leslie's opponent is great. From what I know of local politics, she's very true to life. I'm always bowled over by how good the acting and the writer's ear for well-timed dialogue is on this show.

[Cool]

[ March 17, 2012, 12:35 PM: Message edited by: cleome45 ]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Yeah April's awesome to WATCH on TV but as a co-worker? Eh.

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

April / Andy / Ron are the main reason I watch!
cleome46

The last ep had even more animal life than the Bed 'N Breakfast show. At least Champion probably had his space to himself again by the end.

[Krypto]

--------------------

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.