Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Warehouse 13 (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Warehouse 13
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't know if anyone has seen this but SciFi has a new show coming up called Warehouse 13. Seems like a retrieval and containment show about artifacts that may or may not have some unexplained power.

Looks interesting. Hey, its got CCH Pounder in it, it can't be a dog.

Looks like it could be a fun compliment to Eureka!

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
The first ep is pleasant enough - it's a little too light and exposition heavy for my tastes (and I don't quite have the time for a new show right now) but I really like the actor who plays the guy in charge of the Warehouse and the leads are attractive enough if not somewhat bland. (but it was just the first ep after all) CCH Pounder is of course great - she only has a few scenes but is more than adequately mysterious to hint that there's more going on than we're aware.

[ July 02, 2009, 08:11 AM: Message edited by: DrakeB3004 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Drake, the first ep is already out? I'll have to catch it on the web. Its the only place I can get scifi anyway.

--------------------

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

I don't know if it's out. I have a dvd of the pilot (sans special effects) only because I worked on some network promos.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Gotcha. nice. [Wink]

--------------------

Something pithy!

rickshaw1
Leader

Hasn't shown up on the web yet, but as soon as it does I'll be checking it out.

--------------------

Something pithy!

ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
I saw the pilot a few days ago, it was alright although it reminded me of the mini-series "The Lost Room" a few years back. Honestly I'm not sure how I feel about that.

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
It's a little like 'The Librarian' movies with Noah Wylie and a little like 'Sanctuary', only with objects instead of creatures.
And a little like 'Fringe' with the excentric super brainy old guy and the strange stuff.
A little like the Arc scene in the first Indiana Jones movie where the boxed Arc is put on a shelf in a huge Washington DC warehouse, too.
And . . . [Smile]

I love artifact stories and this one had some nice moments.
I especially liked the long pass football and ferrets as the booby prize for ungrantable wishes.

For a Federal agency with untold power potential, cosmic level power potential, everything seemed very ungovernment paranoidish ~ lax and unguarded, though.

The young male agent is intuitive and 'gungho'.
The young female agent is analytical and skeptical.
All they need is lots of blue lighting and the show'll be a little like 'X-Files'.
[LOL]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
I got a chance to watch it the other night and really enjoyed it. It's pretty much "X-Files" meets "Friday the 13th: The Series." And since I enjoyed both those shows, that makes for a good mash-up here.

The leads are very easy on the eyes, and Saul Rubinek is great as Artie, the wacky guy in charge of the Warehouse. CCH Pounder as his boss is awesome.

All in all, it's a fairly light show but quite enjoyable.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
I've never watched any of the shows that this is apparently like (with the exception of the The Librarian movies which I was reminded of somewhat), but I really enjoyed the first episode. I think the two young characters have some interesting vices haunting them and the older dude is effin' hilarious. I like him. [Big Grin]

I'm definitely excited for this series and plan to watch more of it. I think their various cases will get more interesting as time goes on, too, which I'm looking forward to.

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

quote:
Originally posted by Candle:
The young male agent is intuitive and 'gungho'.
The young female agent is analytical and skeptical.

"X-Files" may have pioneered this dynamic, but I've been seeing it a bunch lately as the light dramatic show version of the "fat guy with hot wife" motif prevalent in sitcoms.

Seeing the pilot, their dynamic reminded me of "Bones" or "Castle" and to a degree "Life". It's certainly a far cry from the days of "Hunter."

rickshaw1
Leader

I liked it. I am so very tired of the standard cop show and sitcom. Its great to know that there are some shows out there that combine intelligence and imagination.

The show seemed like a good mesh of several different shows, with very good casting. Saul Rubinek is great, never seen him do a bad job on a movie or tv show. I think the young lead guy actually did an ep or two of bones, if i remember correctly. Don't know that I've seen the young lady before, but then, I found the inkeeper to be a lot hotter. Course, I've always had a thing for ladies in summer dresses. They tend to amplify the femininity(sp?) of women. And they look good too, lol.

Funny thing is, I get the feeling we are going to get a lot of history out of this show tangentially. I mean, c'mon, outside of history class, who has really thought of Lucrieca Borgia before? Who remembers that her family were power brokers in old Italy, that her dad was a pope, if i remember correctly?

And on the website you get some very interesting artifacts, like John Wilkes Booth's boot.

I'm just waiting for the Unholy Grail to turn up. (I must confess, that is lifted from a Simon R. Green book, but I had wondered if the Judas cup was the antithesis of the Grail before. Just had never named it, lol.)

CCH Pounder...would still be fantastic as Amanda Waller in a Suicide Squad movie I think. And of course she does a very good job here.

The warehouse itself, i think, is going to possibly take on a characteristic all its own over the course of this series, if we are lucky. I loved it when he shouted "Don't make me come down there!" I'm already starting to sound like that with my son, lol.

Fun stuff, solid opening. Looking forward to more.

--------------------

Something pithy!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, the dynamic of 'Bones' is a thing of beauty.
sigh
I can only hope that this show developes that great of a relationship.

I love the history angle, too.
That's part of why I enjoy artifact stories so much.
And I enjoy the Borgia era so much, what with Leonardo and Michaelangelo and everything.

Justice Society just had a 2 parter touching the Nazis and Japanese using the grail and spear artifacts to make shields to keep superpowers from working during World War II.

AND the latest Librarian movie used the Judas Cup in it's vampire based plot.

It's a small world.
[Smile]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
THE LABRADORIAN
THE LEGIONS' GREATEST HERO

Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE LABRADORIAN           Edit/Delete Post     
Cant wait for the return of the missing agent who actually turned rogue and has his own warehouse and agency.
Just a theory

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Caught the pilot of this last night and was actually really impressed! I usually don't give sci-fi channel shows (or I guess syfy now) much of a chance because the quality just isn't there, but this is different. It was actually a really entertaining and fun show to watch.

All the actors are great, and I echo what others say about CCH Pounder--I love, love, loved her in The Shield. In fact, all of the four main actors here did a great job.

I'm surprised at how much I liked it and will probably try to catch the show again when I can.

Great premise and a lot of fun.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.