Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » LMB Left, Step Forward! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: LMB Left, Step Forward!
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by cleome:
[LOL]

That's about the level I'm at with my right hand, but I'm not sure either of us would qualify as truly ambidextrous.

Yeah. That's why I went with almost. I could pass writing if something ever happened to my right hand, and with a bit of practice (okay, a whole lot) I could at least write with my left pretty well.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Born a lefty, but the nuns beat that out of me in pre-school and I can't write with my left hand anymore.

After thirty years, I was re-united with family at the other end of the country, and *everyone* is left-handed. I felt like such a freak at Thanksgiving!

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Whoa. Hearing that teachers are STILL peddling this kind of thinking in my lifetime and getting away with it makes me [Frown] .

When my Dad was a kid, his Mom yelled at his public school principal after finding out that they were forcing him to use his right hand; then labeling him "slow," "antisocial," et al when he understandably had problems.

My Dad was the only other Lefty in our immediate family, though he managed well with the right hand when he had to.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Exnihil:
I was found in a handbag in the left luggage department at Victoria Station, on the Worthing line.

Are you being earnest?

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
The other thing is, I started out going lefty, and my mother pushed me to my right. Which probably does explain a little as to why my writing has always been "bad."
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Whoa. Hearing that teachers are STILL peddling this kind of thinking in my lifetime and getting away with it makes me [Frown] .

The things I went thru in Catholic School( 9 years of it ) still give me nightmares!!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

I'm in my 40s, so it might not have happened during your lifetime. [Smile]
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Wow...you're soooooooo old. [Wink]

I turn 40 in a few weeks.

cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[drift]Set wouldn't waste all this energy buttering me up if he knew that my next avatar will be Slappy Squirrel in a Legion costume.[/drift]

As a jazz fan, I only found out today that Ornette Coleman is left-handed. It's not the sort of thing you normally notice in a horn player, without being told. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Slappy Squirrel? Too cool.
Dev - Em
KIA

Lardy, Lash and Cobie as the Goodfeathers.
cleome46

I see Lardi more as Godpigeon. [Hmmm?]

--------------------

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm a lefty!!!!

However, whenever I play baseball (which is rarely-to-never nowadays), I bat right handed, but throw with my left hand. Also, I use scissors in my right hand. Now that I'm in the hair academy, I am learning to do all the hairdressing services RIGHT HANDED! It's going fine, only some slight awkwardness/discomfort.

Anyway, the important thing is that I SKETCH with my left hand!!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Oh yeah, my dad is left handed as was my grandma (his mom). My wife is right handed and all 3 of our kids are right handed.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Oh yeah, I got a "calendar/planner for lefties" for Christmas and it's so convenient/comfortable for me, I can't believe it, so I start off using it wrong. (You flip the pages the other way in case that wasn't clear.)

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.