Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » LMB Left, Step Forward! (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: LMB Left, Step Forward!
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
aw maaaaaaaaan.

*gives cleome a crate of vodka mudshakes*

Peace offering!

See, I'm holding them with my RIGHT hand.

Our puppy's too small to reach the toilet, but my sister always gives me the evil eye whenever I forget to leave it down. Which isn't often anymore. I guess that means I'm well-trained!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Mmm... free booze...

I'll have to raise the glass in my right hand, though. The left hand is REALLY sore after eight hours in the "tear down" room yesterday.

[sigh]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Oh, my. I've never used MY left hand for eight hours straight, so I bet you must be really tired!

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Luckily, I retired at the ungodly hour of 9:30 PM last night, so at least the rest of me is in pretty good shape.

It's amazing how hard it is to make yourself "lead" with the wrong hand, though. I'm separating mail right now. I have to remind myself every time to tear the envelope open with my right hand.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Yeah, I injured my right hand once, and had an awful time learning to write with my left. I kept using my right too, and would only realize my mistake when my thumb started to hurt.

And I almost misspelled "right" as "write". Shades of Cobalt Kid!

Think your hand will be a-OK by tomorrow?

--------------------

cleome46

I hope so. If they send me to Marketing, yeah. I can switch out the mouse, arrange, clean and photograph the merchandise right-handed-- without too many speed issues. Because there I'm mostly working alone with just one supervisor for company.

If they send me to "tear down": to help dismantle the equipment they're readying for reselling, ugh. It's going to be a problem there because I'll be slowing down everyone else in the line.

[No]

The Foreperson there looks to be about my age, and she wears those Carpal Tunnel braces on both her hands. That pretty says it all, huh?

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

[Eek!]

(sends cleome some heavy-duty gloves and a lot of ice)

--------------------

cleome46

Thanks, Doll.

(Gloves are mandatory while working on the line, so no issues there. But I'll take the ice. [Big Grin] )

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by cleome45:
Well, yeah. Most manly rock dudes do NOT admit to liking Dan Fogelberg songs in public. It's okay though, HWL. We still love you.

[Poke Joke]

I wanted to play guitar left handed and I admitted to liking Dan Fogelberg songs. Could I be any less cool?

Oh, yeah, that's right. I'm a Legion fan. [tease]

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

quote:
Originally posted by He Who LSHes:
I wanted to play guitar left handed and I admitted to liking Dan Fogelberg songs. Could I be any less cool?

Playing guitar automatically adds enough coolness points to cancel out almost anything else.

Except for being a Legion fan. Shame on you. Legion fans are only cool if they wear flight rings on at least three fingers, and wear
either a Calamity King nelly cap or a Dream Girl barrette.

quote:
Originally posted by cleome45:
Thanks, Doll.

(Gloves are mandatory while working on the line, so no issues there. But I'll take the ice. [Big Grin] )

Any time [Wink] Wait, gloves are MANDATORY? What kind of fascist runs your place? I demand the freedom to get carpal tunnel syndrome if I so choose!

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
quote:
Originally posted by He Who LSHes:

Playing guitar automatically adds enough coolness points to cancel out almost anything else.

Except for being a Legion fan. Shame on you. Legion fans are only cool if they wear flight rings on at least three fingers, and wear
either a Calamity King nelly cap or a Dream Girl barrette.

I once wore a red shirt that reminded me of Sun Boy's costume, particularly with the collar upturned. Does that count?

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
No. Popped collars are only cool in old greaser movi...ummm... no. Not cool.

[Wink]

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Dear Mod,

Please move this thread to the GQ message boards.

Thanks.

-- cleome

[Athramites]

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Next up: fashion tips for left-handed men.
quote:
Originally posted by rickshaw1:
No. Popped collars are only cool in old greaser movi...ummm... no. Not cool.

[Wink]

Now, if your shirt actually had a Sun Boy collar or a Karate Kid collar, you would get enough coolness points to offset the geek points of the popped collar.

But these points only count with Legion fans...

--------------------

cleome46

Check this out: The KC Blues band Trampled Under Foot features...

Click Here For A Spoiler...Dual overhead Lefties!!

[Cool] [Cool]

--------------------

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.