Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » We we we so excited... (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: We we we so excited...
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by He Who LSHes:
quote:
Originally posted by cleome:
On a related note: I was at the Megalo-Thrift store yesterday (bought some nice wine glasses for cheap), and of course they had crappy radio piped in. I discovered to my horror that somebody has seen fit to cover the Bay City Rollers' "Saturday Night." Like it wasn't stoopid enough the first time...

Gah.

Oh, come on. If you were 12 years old in 1976, this was the coolest thing.
Yeah, but, Dude. When I was twelve I also really believed all that bushwa about how eating Pop Rocks and drinking Coke would make my arms blow off, too!

[Arm-Fall-Off-Boy]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by future king:

I remember 1976 like it was yesterday actually. My favourite song was "Sir Duke" - Stevie Wonder and favourite shows - Charlie's Angels and Six Million Dollar Man. [Wink]

"Sir Duke" has definitely aged better than the rest of the stuff on that list.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
For the record, my favorite version of Friday.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
I know I'm like a week behind the meme, but this is so freakin' hilariously bad!

Wait, what comes after Saturday?

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

OMG, the "Dylan" version is AWESOME!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Eryk Davis Ester

^^The comments on the Dylan version are pretty hilarious, too, with page after page of people reminiscing about how important that song was to them circa 1970, and how its lyrics really refer to drugs, the civil rights movement, the war in Vietnam, etc.!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

partyin partyin YEAH... partyin partyin YEAH... funnnnn... fun fun fun....

(The Dylan version is TOTES stuck in my head!!)

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

I'm wanting to hear an Elvis version now!
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Hmmm-- a little rockabilly Elvis version would be fuuuuun... fun fun fun!

I was thinking a BossHoss version would be cool. I love those redneck Germans and their cover of IT'S NOT UNUSUAL is especially poignant. I'd love to see them put a spin on FRIDAY, but it probably would be similar to the "Dylan" version.

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

SHAMEFUL DISCLOSURE:

Rebecca Black's voice sounds computer-generated and the lyrics are absolutely grade-school (especially that stupid refrain that says yesterday was Thursday, etc.) BUT....

the whole "Friday Friday, partyin partyin YEAH fun fun fun" of it all has wedged itself in my brain... and I don't mind. [Frown]

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

but IMO *this* is the version that is best:

GANG FIGHT! ("Friday" interpreted by a Bad lip reader)

--------------------

cleome46

[snip]

quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
partyin partyin YEAH fun fun fun" of it all has wedged itself in my brain... and I don't mind. [Frown]

You need to get outside more, Dude.

You're not the only one, though. How many times (too many) have I clicked on the links in this thread, after all? Yikes.

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

heh!!

I just spent like the last HOUR on facebook talking to a friend about the various Rebecca Black "FRIDAY" videos.

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

At least you haven't started in depth comparisons of Rebecca Black with other Ark Music artists!
Eryk Davis Ester

Speaking of which, this one's more appropriate for Saturday night!
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.