Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » We we we so excited... (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: We we we so excited...
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmm... ARK could be fishy (the teen girls only thing is a bit creepy), but it does seem like they support their "stars". I think as long as parents are thoroughly involved, it's harmless and a great bit of fun for the kids.

Warhol was right about everyone having their 15 minutes. I think the ARK idea itself is really genius in today's fame-obsessed society. Suddenly, I find myself fascinated by all this.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

ARK's wiki entry made me feel better about the company...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARK_Music_Factory

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I've also been freakishly fascinated by this whole company since I first found out about it!

I think as long as everyone realizes that it's basically a vanity operation, it's okay. It is a little weird that all the videos seem to be of teenage girls, however.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm REALLY late to this particular meme (as I am to all of them, of I ever stumble on them at all). Discovered it last night with the Colbert/Fallon/Hicks version on a FB link Lash commented on. That was so much fun! Then, I realized that the "we we we so excited" line was a topic on LW and discovered the rest.

I thought that girl was 17 or 18! 13?!?! She's my son's age!

Seems like a nice girl who was having the kind of fun any teenage girl would love to have. If nothing else, she gave people something to talk/bitch about for her 15 minutes.

(Admittedly, kinda catchy, though, and no more nonsensical or cheesy than a lot of cheesy teen pop.)

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Something bizarre I just realized:

So, the first verse of the song has R.B. waking up at 7 am to catch the school bus. Ignoring the video, it certainly seems like she boards the school bus, and has to decide which seat to take on the bus.

The second verse takes place at 7:45 when they are driving on the highway, cruising so fast. Now, in the video it switches to night time, but the most natural interpretation would be that it's actually 7:45 am, and they're still in the freakin' school bus!

This is actually supported by the fact that when rapper dude is cruising around switching lanes into the fast lane, thinking about all the fun he's going to have, he's actually passed by the school bus!

So apparently this song is actually about either a really irresponsible bus driver, or a bunch of kids stealing a school bus and going on a joyride!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

GOOD LORD!

Seriously though, [nerd]I'm a little annoyed that the video does not match the song... there's NO damn bus in the video!!!!![/nerd]

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

Now I'm totally thinking... literal video interpretation of Friday!
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

HECKS YEAH!!!

Let's start writing one!

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

Just when you thought it was over!
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
At least she's not as bad as Katy Perry.

Oh, hang on a minute, she appeared in a Katy Perry video!

They're both equally evil, then.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

J'adore Ms. Black!

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
I found this parody just hilarious.

Although it was funnier back when Friday first came out...

"Yo what's up I'm an adult man... making creepy cameos because I can!"

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Gotta get down on Black Friday:

http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/2011/11/25/gotta-get-down-on-black-friday-2/

--------------------

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Fandango on the iPad is uber sexy !!!! [Big Grin]
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

When I talk you listen and I like that!
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.