Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » We we we so excited... (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: We we we so excited...
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow... so I'm figuring out here that the ARK company is pretty much that rapper dude... I'm guessing he writes the songs, and produces the music and videos, and these rich kids pay for his services (and the song rights in some cases, like Rebecca Black).

Considering he's working with TOTAL AMATUERS, he's really quite talented. I'm impressed, really.

CRUSH ON YOU got better as it progressed, but I don't like it as much as FRIDAY. FOr real. [Smile]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, basically you pay the company something like $2000, and they write you a song, record you singing it (with generous autotuning!) and make you a video and put it on Youtube.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I am not lying here: If I had $2000 to spare, I would do this.

Especially if I could get him to produce one of my already-written songs...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Eryk Davis Ester

Except I think you have to be a teenage girl!

I'm betting you can find similar companies in Memphis, though.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
... I'm guessing he writes the songs...

So does this thread officially means that the WHOLE WORLD is singing them?

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Partyin' partyin' YEAH!

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Except I think you have to be a teenage girl!

Drat!!! I haven't been one of those in forever!!

--------------------

cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
I personally found it to be highly overrated.

[shrug]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Hmm... thinking about it, the actual production of the songs doesn't seem like it would be that difficult.

The videos seem like they'd be more challenging, but that may be because I know next to nothing about video production.

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I'm wondering if the cast of the videos is actually friends of the person performing, doing it for free... I bet so, what a money-saver.

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

Yeah, I know that's true for Friday.

Check out the acoustic version from Good Morning America, which has a bunch of her friends/extras from the videos in the audience.

I think the three grownup dudes there are basically the ARK company.

[ April 23, 2011, 10:21 PM: Message edited by: Eryk Davis Ester ]

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

OOOOH! I enjoyed that! [Smile] She sounded better unplugged than I thought she would.

I'm glad to see her friends standing by her, I heard people on the internet have said the worst things about her and there's even been death threats!! She's just a little kid, for heaven's sake, and probably the whole thing was a birthday present or something... give her a break!

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Although I reserve the right to goof on her song, I think she herself is adorable and hope she's very succesful... and I'm even looking forward to another song from her.

I know, right?

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

Yeah, I think making fun of the song (and of the whole ARK operation, which seems a bit fishy to me) is perfectly okay, but there have been some pretty bitter personal attacks on her, which are completely unwarranted. She seems like a nice kid from everything I've seen. I think she's even donating profits from the song to charity.
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I posted the acoustic version on my friend Elsie's Facebook wall, we seem to have become big Rebecca fans out of nowhere [Smile]

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.