Roll Call
0 members (), 13 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/19/24 08:04 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/19/24 08:04 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/19/24 08:00 AM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Ann Hebistand - 05/19/24 07:50 AM
Postlo3w stories *LATEST UPDATE 19 MAY*
by razsolo - 05/19/24 06:10 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/19/24 02:53 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/19/24 02:52 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/19/24 02:52 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 55 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 54 55
Re: Rockhopper's Rookery: Annual Holiday Party in Progress
#276396 02/15/09 11:15 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
At first I didn't recognize him... it had been a while.

He was garbed in a purple cloak and said he was a member of an elite cabal. I asked what I should call him, and he just grinned.

"I suppose you could say I'm just 'in time'," he laughed.

"Justin Thyme?" I asked, thinking that was an odd name for a "Second Shooter."

Then it dawned on me who he was. It was the last member to join the elite ranks of Legion World Time Trappers. He was literally, "Just In Time."

As god is my witness, Lardy... it was STU!

#276397 02/16/09 12:47 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
STU? No way!

Ex, STU loves Cobalt Kid like a brother--the way I used to! STU would no sooner kill Cobalt than I would--even after all that Cobalt's done to me!

Maybe, just maybe...someone wanted you to think it was him....

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#276398 02/16/09 06:38 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
<Suddenly, just outside the Rookery, and out of the line of sight, another Exnihil winks in from the future . He watches as Ex from the past strides away>

Oh... past self... if only they had listened to you and your oblique cry for help, none of this would have happened. Now... I don't know... I think it's too lat.... ARRRGGGHHH

<drops to his knees, as another paroxysm of pain rushes through his head. He holds his temples with balled up fists as though to stem the tide of suffering. As his eyes cast downward, he sees three droplets of blood freshly fallen on the snow below. With horror, he realizes they're his own, dripping from his nose>

Please... I'm sorry... I won't doubt you again... just stop this pain.

<the pain again wanes, as Ex rises to his feet, wiping the blood from his nose with the back of his wrist. Looks down again at where it had fallen>

Oh... of course it is... what a sick sense of humor...

<he digs at the snow where the blood had fallen and pulls out another aged pocket watch. He winds it, and buries it again. As the wind whips across the frozen tundra, Ex shouts directly against it, as if in defiance>

FIVE O'CLOCK, PHINEAS!!!

<he disappears >

#276399 02/16/09 08:01 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Ahem ... sorry to interrupt, but I'm here on Security Office business ... Lard, they've asked me to bring you in for questioning ... say, is that blood on your sword? It's been a while since I've tasted blood ... would you mind if I just ...

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...
#276400 02/16/09 08:31 AM
Active
Active
<in the doorway>

Its him, alright Sharky. It seemed too easy at first, but usually the answer to most crimes is the obvious one.

You tried to kill him Lardy. You've been hounding him for months after all he did for you, and he wouldn't even tell you the truth because he thought you'd be happier not knowing your past. HE OFFERED HIS HAND TO YOU! And you slapped it away.

And Clive, poor Clive. You killed him too.

<holds up gun to Lard Lad>

I'm sorry Rocky, but this man has never had any respect for intergalatic law before, and I see now reason let him hide behind it too.

Sharky, please stand aside.

This is for Cobie.

<moves to fire>

#276401 02/16/09 08:46 AM
Active
Active
-----------------Interlude--------------------
Originally posted by Exnihil:
At first I didn't recognize him... it had been a while.

He was garbed in a purple cloak and said he was a member of an elite cabal. I asked what I should call him, and he just grinned.

"I suppose you could say I'm just 'in time'," he laughed.

"Justin Thyme?" I asked, thinking that was an odd name for a "Second Shooter."

Then it dawned on me who he was. It was the last member to join the elite ranks of Legion World Time Trappers. He was literally, "Just In Time."

As god is my witness, Lardy... it was STU!
PS - This explanation rocks like no ones business!

------End Interlude-------------

#276402 02/16/09 09:17 AM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
OP Offline
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Lolita, I will remind you that the Rookery is Pyngwyny ground and Legion World's Security Office has no authority here except what I allow. This man is a subject of the Pyngwyny Crown and it is my duty to protect him. I am not wont to violence, but unless you want an interplanetary incident on your hands--and to be sealed in a block of ice {his hands crackle with Ice Magic}, you and Shark Lad will leave the premises. Now!

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
#276403 02/16/09 10:53 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
"No, Lolita! This ends now!" growled SharkLad, "I would never had tracked Lard Lad here for you if I had known your intention was to shoot him! Lower your gun!!"

"SharkLad! I said leave these premises now!" shouted Rockhopper Lad.

"I'm sorry to involve you in this, Rocky, but ..."

<SharkLad opens his mouth, unleashing his 'Shark Bite' [trademark pending] - a flurry of razor-sharp projectile teeth>

#276404 02/16/09 11:22 AM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
OP Offline
Fabulous and Sparkly!
<Rockhopper Lad immediately erects an ice shield between SharkLad and himself and Lard Lad, which deflect the teeth>.

Don't mistake me for one of those helpless little penguins on Earth that sharks are so fond of having as a snack. I will ask you both to leave these premises one more time. Please leave now.

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
#276405 02/16/09 01:07 PM
Active
Active
Rockhopper Lad, I have no problem with you--Cobie always spoke so highly of you and you seem to be a great and honorable LMBer. But this...man

<hand shaking>

I don't work for the Security Office anyway anymore...

<suddenly Shark Lad and Rockhopper use powers as depicted in post above>

Lard Lad! Come out here you coward! Come out here!

<hand shaking, lowers gun, starts to cry, putting hand to her eyes and leaning against the wall>

#276406 02/16/09 01:17 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Sharky, Lolita...please leave.

I believe I've been framed for Clive's murder and Cobalt's attack. I--I never wanted to kill anyone...I just wanted everyone to see Cobalt for who he really is. Killing Cobalt doesn't get me that.

<gestures>

Here, take the sword. While I fully expect you to find Clive's blood on it, maybe the killer left some trace of him or herself as well...

I've looked and there's no gun in here, but you can take my clothes for processing.

It's clear that I won't get a fair shake if I go with you, especially since Lolita here wants to execute without so much as my being questioned. So I'm exercising my right as a subject of the Pyngwyny Crown to stay put.

<sighs>

Lolita, you know I could have destroyed that gun or turn it on you with barely a thought...keep that in mind before you jump to conclusions.

Now, will you leave?

#276407 02/16/09 01:22 PM
Active
Active
<glares at Lard Lad>

I bet you could have. Just like you could kill me if you wanted to.

<looks at blaster; puts it away>

But I'm no murderer...even if I had to come here to see for myself...even if I'm too much of a coward to get even for Cobalt.

You say you didn't do it Lardy, but you still think Cobalt is a murderer. You still don't get it. Have you seen the holo footage of his shooting? You should take a look. In his final moments, take a look at who Cobie called out to. I wasn't there for him when he needed me, and neither was his best friend.

I'm sorry Rocky. And Sharky, I'm sorry too--because I'm done with the Security Office. I'll find out if Lardy did it or not, and whomever I find is responsible will pay for it.

In the most final way possible.

<exits>

#276408 02/16/09 01:35 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
<looks at holo>

<shaken> God, is it possible he didn't kill me? I--I...

<pauses>

Sh-Sharky, you've always been a good friend...please take the evidence (and don't eat it) and give it to Matlock. I know I can count on you and him to give me a fair shake.

<as Sharky gathers evidence>

<quietly, to Rocky> Rocky--gods--somehow, some way...I've gotta see Des. I dunno why...and I know how huge of a risk it would be...but I've just GOT to....

#276409 02/16/09 02:06 PM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
OP Offline
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Lardy, I can protect you here at the Rookery, but to get you to Medicus would requiring pulling more strings than all the gossama-harp players of Lyra III combined. Unless--Lardy, I can't keep up with your powers. Can you shapeshift?

#276410 02/16/09 03:24 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I'll do as you ask, Lard Lad ... I'll find Matlock and bring the sword to him ... still, the blood looks so tasty ... maybe one lick won't matter much ...

<SharkLad is about to lick the sword when his eyes connect with Lard's -- his massive colleague never seemed so vulnerable>

Never mind ... I'll go now ... Rocky, take care of him ...

<exits>

#276411 02/16/09 03:42 PM
Active
Active
Well Lardy, your in it up to your neck now, aren't you?

The question is... Who's game are you playing?

Yours or the Computer Tyrant's?

Soon, Legion World, Soon your time will end.
#276412 02/16/09 03:50 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Gary...you're not the first to insinuate the Computer Tyrant has some hold over me, beyond his cyber-grave or whatever. Sure, I died ridding Legion World of him, but he never had any influence on me. He only ever had control over robotic minds. It was Clive he controlled back when Clive was a robot...I think you're barking up the wrong tree. But...

<looks at Concord carefully>

...you. You've always had a vendetta against Cobalt--even before me. Did you shoot him?!?!

#276413 02/16/09 04:13 PM
Active
Active
No Lardy I didn't shoot him and I doubt that you knowingly shot him or that you knowingly murdered Virgin Lad.

But sombody did both of those things and tied them to you.

The questions are who and why?

Who hates both you and Cobalt that much?

Soon, Legion World, Soon your time will end.
#276414 02/16/09 04:18 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
That's a very loooong list, Gary. But you're assuming a personal motive. Can't you see the disorder and chaos those two attacks are sowing? Perhaps the true motive is to have everyone distrusting everyone else, so whomever is behind this can swoop in and take advantage!

Am I the only one who sees this?!?!

<to Rocky>

Rocky, I can't shape-change, but I can teleport in and out of anywhere I want to. I might just have to take that risk, barring any other ideas...

#276415 02/16/09 04:46 PM
Deputy
Deputy
<Flies in landing just in front of Gary Concord>

Rocky, I'm going to ask you to voluntarily surrender Lard-Lad to the Security office for questioning.

Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Please don't make me do this the hard way...)

Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Just as soon as the Check Clears!)
#276416 02/16/09 05:03 PM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
OP Offline
Fabulous and Sparkly!
{Sighs} What is this? The Rookery Open House?

Mr. Concord, Mr. Ranger, please note that Mr. Taylor, also known as Lard Lad, has sought asylum here and is now a subject of the Pyngwyny Crown. If you will both excuse us, my subject and I have important matters to discuss. Ranger, your authority ends on Rookery property and Mr. Concord, you have no authority whatsoever. Ranger, I'm sorry, but I'll have to ask you to leave. Mr. Concord, I'm not sorry. I'm telling you to leave.

#276417 02/16/09 05:09 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Ranger, I've surrendered all the evidence to Sharky for Matlock to examine. Leave it at that for now...please. You may be a pawn in this just as much as I am, given the similar suspicions about your resurrection.

So just play it cool and respect Rocky's sovereignty here. Please...both of you...just leave.

#276418 02/16/09 05:32 PM
Active
Active
----------INCOMING OMNICOM MESSAGE------------

Your Majesty,

I shall be making my way to the Rookery shortly to converse with you over some serious matters of which I have no doubts you are aware. I come purely as an ally and friend.

I hope to see you with the hour.

- Sir Roy of Legion World

p.s. - Rocky, I know this may sound out of line, but I'd also like to talk to my friend Time Teller Lad.

----------------END MESSAGE----------------

#276419 02/16/09 06:38 PM
strange but not a stranger
strange but not a stranger
Rockhopper Lad,

I would like to employ the service of Time Teller Lad.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#276420 02/16/09 06:48 PM
Active
Active
[aside]Quis, Time Teller Lad and Clive were romantically linked together. So far, I don't know if anyone has spoken to Tim since Clive's death but he assuredly must be having a hard time with it. We need to be careful and consider his feelings. Poor Tim...I think he was falling in love with Clive, if he wasn't already so.[/aside]

I too have arrived Noble One, and I'd have a word with you, and Tim also. I hope he is doing well.

<notices others have been by>

Is that Lard Lad here...? Lard Lad, my friend, you have found yourself at the center of a grave situation. But I am not here for you. I have another hunch I'd like to play...

Page 13 of 55 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 54 55

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,022
Posts1,045,464
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
hepcatfox boy, Superboy-Supergirl
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Winnipeg
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star