Roll Call
0 members (), 54 Murran Spies, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legion Trivia 6
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/14/24 04:49 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/14/24 04:49 PM
Legion of Super-Heroes Fansets Pins
by Nightcrawler - 05/14/24 04:45 PM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Reboot - 05/14/24 04:38 PM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/14/24 04:33 PM
Errors on Main Forum Page
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/14/24 04:27 PM
The 2nd All Avengers Thread
by Ann Hebistand - 05/14/24 04:17 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 36 of 37 1 2 34 35 36 37
Re: Cobalt's Office of Security - the 80's Power Years
#349335 03/21/09 08:11 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Ohmygod! So like I guess we better concentrate on getting this place fixed up before the guano strikes the rotating blades again...

Where the heck are Carpenter Lass, Electrician Girl, and Plumbing Queen when I need them?

Hi! How are you?
<click-click> <span style="font-size: 15px;">BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!</span>
#349336 03/22/09 08:44 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Ohmygod! I like also need Architect Lady, Policy Pam, and Estimate Lass.

And I hope the "Cobalt's Megalomaniacal Tendencies Rider" Pam talked us into buying on the Security Office Insurance Policy will pay for the renovations and improvements.

Like, the only thing that can't be fixed is the pretzel maker... It's finally had it... The only thing it's good for now is turning amoebas into little tiny versions of Cobalt Kid...

Hi! How are you?
<click-click> <span style="font-size: 15px;">BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!</span>
#349337 03/23/09 12:25 PM
Active
Active
<enters>

Looks like hardly anyone is here since all active LMBers are at the Gathering and everyone else is injured. Maybe its time Cobie officially fixed this up with his own private money, like he used to do?

#349338 03/23/09 12:28 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
<sometime after the above post, Cobalt Kid flies in>

Ah, I knew I had to get here from Medicus Two as soon as possible! I hate to see the Security Office in such bad shape, but its happened before and likely will happen again. This place used to mean so much to me and then it all changed when the Ranger and Sarya died. But maybe...maybe now that the Ranger is back, its time I helped restore this place to what it once was.

<turns around>

Lolita! You're here? Why aren't you at the Roll Call? Well, either way, you're a sight for sore eyes. I think I've had another breakthrough on this case.

I think I was given a clue several weeks ago...by Exnihil of all people!

#349339 03/23/09 12:30 PM
Active
Active
Cobie!

<walks over to him, with a smile>

Where did you go? You slipped out of there a little suscipiously. I thought you could use some help.

<suddenly feels anxiety...this is all very weird now that she has told Cobalt Kid how she feels. Their easy going friendship is not the same and never can be again>

I...we still need to talk, you know...

#349340 03/23/09 12:36 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
I know.

<pulls Lolita in close for a hug>

I'm sorry for that too. But with things so chaotic...I just haven't had time to think things through. And you...you're important to me. I don't want to just give you an answer on the fly.

<lets go of the hug>

I...<now Cobie is silent, an odd state for him>

Lets focus on the case at hand. For several weeks now, I've been unable to use my powers to heal myself. That is out of the ordinary, as usually I naturally can do that without thinking about. We know my powers are magical in nature even if my understanding of them is rudimentary. Whenever this happened before, it usually had to do with the emotional state of my mind. You'll recall the enormous guilt I felt after the Invasion.

<Cobalt holds his hand up to stop Jailbait Lass from responding. He knows this is an emotional memory for both himself and her, and does not want to address those emotions right now; he'd much rather keep things purely analytical and solve the case at hand than deal with those emotions>

I believe this has been a similar scenario. Whatever guilt I've been carrying around with me is likely stemming from my unknowing assassination attempt on Lardy a year earlier. Its likely affected several decisions I've made, whether I realized it or not, as well as my healing powers. To top it all off, I believe subconsciously I have been attempting to solve a mystery. Or more accurately, to recall a memory from several weeks earlier...one while I was comatose but able to process--even if it did not make sense.

You see, I believe Exnihil left me a clue. And I believe...it is right here, in the Office of Security.

#349341 03/23/09 12:40 PM
Active
Active
<Jailbait Lass listens and tries to do what she has always done best: process data and analyze it, using her advanced intelligence and natural analytical skills to give Cobalt Kid the best possible anaylsis; yet, she cannot help but feel her emotions welling up more than ever before. Cobie's inability to address them outright stings>

Okay, Cobie...you're explanation would seem extremely odd under normal circumstances but given all that we've discovered thus far in this insane chain of events, it does make sense. Perhaps Exnihil is somehow traveling backwards in time? We know Tomahawk and Liberty Monkey swapped at some point and Phineas has been able to send his conscious throughout time and space to accomplish his goals. Given that we know Exnihil is with Phineas, perhaps he's under Phineas' control or is working for Phineas and is somehow trying to send you clues. Perhaps Phineas is finally making his move, whatever that is.

<as she explains herself, she cannot shake the hot, flush feeling in her face; the hug was too much, and after months...or in all honesty, years...she can't take it any longer>

Cobie...

<Jailbait Lass puts her hand on his forearm>

#349342 03/23/09 12:46 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
I've found it!

<Cobalt shifts through several papers on an unmanned desk, and immediately notices something out of the ordinary>

Look, this piece of paper! Its from weeks ago! But the hand-writing, its so scrawly. Exnihil must have left this for me! When he was--or is?--traveling through time.

<unfolds paper in a hurry, and reads the contents>

...bloody liberty...

<eyes go wide, and understanding sets in>

...so now I know at last what this has all been about...

You did good for yourself, Ex. I won't leave you high and dry.

<looks at Lolita and further realization sets in with only a moment where they lock eyes; a decision would need to be made as soon as possible; but now was not the time>

I know what Phineas is planning to do. And maybe this will help us find him. And Ex left something else on here...something even more insidious.

<suddenly grabs a box of matches from the security officers desk; strikes a match; lights the paper on fire, and it slowly burns away>

I can't let that knowledge fall into the wrong hands yet, 'Lita. We're close...so damn close...

#349343 03/23/09 12:48 PM
Active
Active
Cobie, I can't take it anymore...

<she leans forward, backs him up against the wall, and puts her arms around his neck>

You must know...you must always have know...in the old days, after you saved me from those Khundian pirates...when we were more than just friends...I...I've never forgotten those days.

<looks into Cobalt Kid's eyes>

I can't just be your friend, or your partner. I...I love you. And I want you to be with me. I can't do anything else until I know your feelings for sure.

#349344 03/23/09 12:51 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
<stares into Lolita's eyes>

Lolita...you know how much I care about you...I've always cared about you...but you know I'm with Crujectra, whom I love...

<puts arms around Jailbait Lass's waist>

...Lolita...

<leans in to her>

#349345 03/23/09 12:52 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Well, well, well. The more things change, the more they remain the same.

Hello Cobie. Had to cut out for a minute for some quick side action? And you didn't even invite me?

*tee hee*

#349346 03/23/09 12:54 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Spacey! I guess everyone followed me laugh

Uh, its actually not what you think...you see...

<looks at Lolita, then Space Tart>

(How do I get myself into these situations? I've got to follow Ex's clues!)

Listen...all of us need to get back to the others. Ex gave me some information that just might turn the tide...

#349347 03/23/09 12:57 PM
Active
Active
<glares daggers at Space Tart; looks up at Cobie, stung>

<font face="Algerian"> Aboslutely, Cobie. After you. </font f>

<breaks away from Cobalt Kid and walks past Space Tart>

(I'm so stupid!)

<flies off towards the Roll Call Gathering>

(Focus on the job...focus on the job...)

*sniff*

<wipes away tear, uses omnicom>

Hey Brit, its Lolita. Yeah, I'm coming back to join you and the others. I...I need to talk...

#349348 03/23/09 12:58 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Spacey...was that neccessary?

<rubs bridge of nose>

C'mon...we've got work to do...

<flies off>

#349349 03/23/09 05:03 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Brit! Where are you?

Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(I know she's here...)

(Just as soon as the Check Clears!)
#349350 03/23/09 05:09 PM
Deputy
Deputy
<Standing on the other side of the building watching Cobalt, Jailbait, and Space tart fly away...>

Ohmygod! Over here Uncle...

<Turns to the full crew of female construction workers who have been toiling in the security office non-stop for the past twelve hours.>

What? You girls never been invisible before?

Let's go lots left to do...

Did you pick our dinner up from SHAKES, Unc?

Hi! How are you?
#349351 03/23/09 05:12 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Right Here...

But somebody tried to slip in a drink order...

(Wonder who that was?)

#349352 03/23/09 05:16 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Ohmygod! tongue

Did you like drink it yourself? <Giggle>

Hi! How are you?
#349353 03/23/09 05:18 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Two dozen Red Rangers?

Not Likely...

(I'm standing aren't I?)

#349354 03/23/09 06:16 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Bart, Brit...

I talked to Pagan about your proposals for the Security Office...

She's given her consent and she's working on the necessary spells... And you know how I feel so money is no object...

Just make sure this... <points at the destruction> can never happen again!

Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...
#349355 03/26/09 02:49 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
<SharkLad walks in what's left on the main lobby>

Jeez, this place is a wreck ... I haven't seen it so bad since that time we all took turns smacking SMASHFACE around for mouthing off to Shady ...

Anybody seen Architect Lady? I hear she has some plans for my tank ...

<frowns at the blank stares he receives>

Alright, I need to cool off anyway ... I'll be in my tank ...

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...
#349356 03/26/09 07:11 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
<as Shark Lad walked away, he failed to notice yet another change; without Jailbait Lass around all those years to ensure the Security Office budget was taken care of, none of Cobalt Kid's private money was allocated to the Office of Security, and therefore no budget existed to recreate it; thus, the structure is long since collapsed>

#349357 03/26/09 07:38 PM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
[foreshadow]

The deep throated rumbling of several high powered engines echo off the walls of the buildings. The sound rises to a peak and quickly fades into the distance.

[/foreshadow]

#349358 03/26/09 09:34 PM
Substitute
Substitute
<walks through walls into lobby>

I... remember this place. From when I lived.

I... must remember more.

Yes. Before it is too late. Too late for them all...

<exits the same way>

death becomes me
#349359 03/27/09 08:50 PM
3-G Offline
Substitute
Substitute
A tiny bright streak of light races through the doorway into the Security Office. The streak arches downward growing from a tiny spot to a fully grown man wearing purple and black armor who drops to his feet.

Looking around 3M sees that the office is more a pile of rubble than a structure, the cells are empty, the wind whistles throough the empty windows.

"What happened here? Kid Chrome! Hey! Anybody here?"

Silence is the only answer he receives to his questions. Frowning he turns to the comm equipment, "Communications - patch me through to gay Bob." The screens remain blank.

High overhead he spots a few bursts of light as his old gang, Grim Jim and the Orange Extremists make their weekly run on the almost invisible Mystery Moon that hung low in the sky. So far the thing had proved impervious to their regular attacks but that never stopped them from wasting ordinance in an attempt to crack the thing open.

His Omnicom buzzed, "Bob! I need you in the tesseract. Bring the boys and hustle!"

Mike frowned, "Yellow Kid? I thought you were still in prison. Is this a prank? What do you want with gay Bob?"

"Uh, who is this?"

"You know damned well who I am old man. MetroMicro-Man sent your ass to jail before and if you busted out I'll do it again."

"Damn." the Omni-Comm goes silent.

3M swears at the com device, "Not now! Aarrrgg!"
Rapidly tapping a code into the device he calls his team, "Jim-MEY! Jailbreak duty boy-o, Yellow's free and we're going to have to stop whatever stupid plan he's come up with this time."

"Roger Boss, We're almost done here. Ronnie thinks his new plastique formula might crack this thing. One last run and we're out of here."

"I pinged YK's comm, meet me at the tesseract."

I'm too sexy for my shirt.
Page 36 of 37 1 2 34 35 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,305
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Lightning Lad
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star