Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion of Super-Heroes #2 - SPOILERS (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Legion of Super-Heroes #2 - SPOILERS
EmeraldEmpress
Beautiful & Merciless

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldEmpress   Email EmeraldEmpress         Edit/Delete Post     
I read Legion Of Super-heroes v6 02.
Very good episode!
It's nice to see Dream Girl and Tyroc back for good.
And the spionage squad again in they correct era.
I wait to see soon Jeckie, Tenzil, Thom, Ganglios, Quislet and Jam (I hope in the number 3), and Violet, Timber Wolf, Duplicate Damsel, Bouncing Boy, Black Witch & Blok.
I presume that Mon-El will disappear in a time, for his chat with Jo.
I like the new look of Jacques, without the gray hair.
Saturn Queen does honor to her name.
Shaddy and Tinya friendship intact.
Good things...in the near future.

[ June 24, 2010, 11:49 AM: Message edited by: EmeraldEmpress ]

--------------------
From Spain with glamour.

From: Valencia- Spain | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
I agree with you EE, it is definately nice to see that Tinya and Tasmia have remained good friends through all these passed years. It's like Paul Levitz just picked up where he left off with their friendship.
It's a nice feeling of continuity.

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Tyroc needs a boob window. he's got all those circles anyway.
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Tyroc's power works in space the same way Superman's ability to fly works!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gorilla Nebula
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gorilla Nebula   Email Gorilla Nebula         Edit/Delete Post     
an enjoyable issue #2.
wow, i couldn't believe how much better the art was in the second half of the book with the second inker, Francis Portela. is he the inker from R.E.B.E.L.S.? please make him a regular. Faucher is ok, but his heavy ink brush style looks a little clunky and awkward. Portela streamlines Cinar's pencils into a futuristic sheen.

Saturn Queen's motivations seemed a little lame. hopefully there is more to come. LSV where are you?

10,000 refugees really aren't very many. hard to believe that there's not room in the whole UP, especially with their marketable telepathy skills.

Brainy is still having a Vril moment. hopefully Levitz has a reason for this characterization. maybe that face to face with original Brainiac gave him a "virus"? a lead up to a new Computo?

nice to see Tyroc given some respect by this book, but wish he was more recognizable. should've kept the white at least.

Dream Girl? i thought we were supposed to be seeing her captured again, according to Johns' Adventure peek at coming attractions. did that get dropped?

I thought it was funny that Dawnstar was unnerved by Gates' teleporting power.

i agree with the poster who said it's not a very futuristic book. those protest signs were really unforgivable. in that era it'd be harder to find tape and cardboard and art supplies, then to make a personal holo-projection. hello?

what's coming up in future issues? the Earth-Man as GL arc, maybe LSV. regardless it actually feels like there's a plan behind the book and the characters. and it's been too long since it felt that way. welcome back Paul! the kids missed you.

--------------------
Gorilla Nebula

From: san francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Gates!!
You know it wasn’t until the little bug turned up here that I realised just how much I missed him and his acerbic comments on everything.
I like the way this legion seem comfortable with each other and their powers, knowing what they can expect from their team mates and with various friendships, work relationships, and family ties.

I could emphasize with Garth jetting off, dropping everything he thought was important because his family was in trouble.

I was surprised at how effective Earthman “borrowing” Gim’s powers to control the crowd was. That was almost a Legion way to deal with things especially if people didn’t know his history.

I also liked how Paul showed that being a legionnaire is dangerous and can have personal repercussions without it having to be a major event. I mean PG is hit by a rock and we see the effects of that, it takes her out of circulation for a while and allows us to see just how Jo loves her as it is only when he meets her and “shuts down” rather that hurt her.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mediocre Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mediocre Boy   Email Mediocre Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:

Okay, here's my attempt to explain how Tyroc's power works in space: he only needs air to invoke or manifest his power; transmission of the effect requires no medium of transmission, just like light.

How's that?

--------------------
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay, so the meek[s] shall inherit inherit the Earth, but what about the geeks? I still want Baffin Island--polar bears and all! :)

From: Brampton, Canada | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mediocre Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mediocre Boy   Email Mediocre Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Power Boy:
Tyroc needs a boob window. he's got all those circles anyway.

Maybe they should give all the guys "boob windows." [Big Grin]

--------------------
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay, so the meek[s] shall inherit inherit the Earth, but what about the geeks? I still want Baffin Island--polar bears and all! :)

From: Brampton, Canada | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ultrajo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ultrajo   Author's Homepage   Email ultrajo         Edit/Delete Post     
Excited for this issue. I want to see the printed version of the page that I just bought from it.
From: Ocala, FL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Gorilla Nebula:
I thought it was funny that Dawnstar was unnerved by Gates' teleporting power.

I actually liked that. Part of being able to find anything, I've always thought, meant that Dawny always had an instinctive sense of where she was, in regards to the universe in general.

Being teleported must be terribly disorienting to that sense of place, like having the sounds of soothing familiar music jarringly replaced with clashing unfamiliar noise, as she 'sorts it all out' and figures out exactly where she is in the universe again.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
So I just got issue 2 (yay!).

Random thoughts;

Saturn Queen is a Buddhist? Cool!

Ah, another pair of Winathian identical twins (hello, nurse(es)!), and, qu'elle surprise, they are the same gender. Something's hinky about that entire family, not just Mekt...

I like the little kiss Ayla gives Garth, and the whole scene, really. Garth seems to have his priorities nicely in order and isn't acting crazy or anything.

It was nice to see Shady and Tinya being friendly, but I wasn't in love with the idea that the girls were 'too careless' and 'the boys cleaned up the situation.' It was already contrived for Tinya to get clocked, considering she's only vulnerable if she chooses to be. Invisible Jacque was in far more danger, since they just had to aim at the floating non-invisible blaster...

Shady's cloak is drawn interestingly, fading out in a patchy blur rather than having clean lines, suggesting that it's a darkness construct and not actual cloth.

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:
Invisible Jacque was in far more danger, since they just had to aim at the floating non-invisible blaster...

Oddly enough, the dialogue suggested the blaster was invisible, though the art showed otherwise. Personally, I think Jacques should be able to make objects he carries invisible. However, I can't recall if that's ever been shown to be the case, either with him or Lyle.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

quote:
Originally posted by Chief Taylor:
Oddly enough, the dialogue suggested the blaster was invisible, though the art showed otherwise.

Yeah, that did seem a little off. It might have been a trick of perspective, with Jacques taking it high and behind the holder, so that even if he glanced up a little he might have missed it, but it was unclear.

quote:
Personally, I think Jacques should be able to make objects he carries invisible. However, I can't recall if that's ever been shown to be the case, either with him or Lyle.
They've always been able to at least make their clothes and flight rings invisible, so it makes sense that they can affect at least some objects within their grasp.

On the other hand, perhaps it's a 'turn off, turn on' thing, so it doesn't necessarily effect an item that is picked up, unless he turns visible, and then turns invisible again while holding it?

Being a chemical formula, it shouldn't affect his clothes anyway (and he's been shown affecting non-uniform clothing as well, so there isn't a 'specially treated clothing / unstable molecules' clause here), so, like most comic book things, it kinda works 'cause it works. [Smile]

lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:

LOL!! You rock, Cobie!!

It slays me how some fans are willing to accept a thousand impossible, ridiculous, unbelievable concepts in comic books- then bust a blood vessel over a particular one, like Tyroc's power working in space!!
It's like some weird, selective criticism!! Highly amusing!!

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Reboot Lyle could make objects a few feet or yards away from him invisible without touching them, with great concentration. He did that to the Persuader's axe once. And he could turn other people invisible if he was holding them.

Not sure if that's of any consequence where this reality's dead Lyle is concerned.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  11  12  13   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.