Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion of Super-Heroes #2 - SPOILERS (Page 9)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Legion of Super-Heroes #2 - SPOILERS
The Man From Cargg
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Man From Cargg   Email The Man From Cargg         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

There could be different explanations for Shady's arm sling - ancient Talokian custom or superstition regarding an injury? Sacred healing cloth?
[/QB]

I think it might just be Paul's little nod to one of her early appearances in Adventure where she helped battle The Fatal Five and was in an arm sling at one point.

--------------------
The poster formerly known as Carggaphile.

From: Hamilton | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haggard Lad
S'up?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haggard Lad   Email Haggard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:
(Could've done without the "Quel" though. They still speak French in the 31st Century? I don't think so.)

Why wouldn't there still be people speaking the local Earth languages? Interlac is the standard for the United Planets, but I don't see why certain cultures wouldn't preserve their native languages.

--------------------
The Secret Origin of Haggard Lad!

Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ken Arromdee
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ken Arromdee   Email Ken Arromdee         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Traditionally the rings had a particular mental influence on the Titanians which supressed any criminal tendencies they might have had (so that Titanians could only "go bad" off-planet).

I don't recall this ever happening in canon, only for the Adult Legion.
Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, the Adult Legion *was* canon until LSH #300.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by The Man From Cargg:
quote:

There could be different explanations for Shady's arm sling - ancient Talokian custom or superstition regarding an injury? Sacred healing cloth?

I think it might just be Paul's little nod to one of her early appearances in Adventure where she helped battle The Fatal Five and was in an arm sling at one point. [/QB]
Hey, that's a cute point. I can support it if that was Paul's intention.

Would still like these artists to raise their 'futuristic' games though.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Man From Cargg
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Man From Cargg   Email The Man From Cargg         Edit/Delete Post     
There is something deeply ironic about Earth Man. He can absorb the powers of others... powers that in most cases are derived from an alien race. Wouldn't the use of these powers be abhorrent to him considering their origin?

In this issue he took on Colossal Boy's powers... who is an earthling and acquired them through artificial means. So no conflict there.

I wonder if Paul will explore this dilemma? I think Earth Man should show a certain amount of revulsion when taking on certain powers.

--------------------
The poster formerly known as Carggaphile.

From: Hamilton | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Haggard Lad:
quote:
(Could've done without the "Quel" though. They still speak French in the 31st Century? I don't think so.)

Why wouldn't there still be people speaking the local Earth languages? Interlac is the standard for the United Planets, but I don't see why certain cultures wouldn't preserve their native languages.
I know it's always been Jacques' thing, and I'm no linguophile (proven by me possibly making up that word?) but with the way the world is being so globalised so quickly do we really think there would be more than one language in 1000 years time? Heck, even 500 years time? I'm not sure there will be.

I do like that it specifically pin-points Jacques' origin as being somewhere else in the world other than Northern America though (unlike so many of the rest of the DCU) so I like that aspect of it. It's just one of those things that seem like an anachronism to me.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Did anyone notice Jacques now has facial hair?

And I forgot to mention this:

Dream Girl could still be in the 21st Century. Just because she's with the Legion NOW doesn't mean she hadn't been captured. That's the beauty of time travel stories.

And God bless Cinar for remembering LL's tattoo.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ken Arromdee
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ken Arromdee   Email Ken Arromdee         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by rouge:
quote:
Originally posted by Superboy-Supergirl:
Hee hee I guess with everyone looking at Tyroc's lack of hair and wondering how his voice can work in airless space, everyone missed Seeing Yera aka Chamelon Girl on page 9, panels 1,2 & 6 (especially 6)

Great Catch! The eyes have it. LOL!
I just got the issue out and checked it to see just what people were talking about. Okay, that is weird and I don't see how it couldn't have been intentional.
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[snip]

quote:

I do like that it specifically pin-points Jacques' origin as being somewhere else in the world other than Northern America though (unlike so many of the rest of the DCU) so I like that aspect of it. It's just one of those things that seem like an anachronism to me.

I've said this before, but languages around the world do have their ebbs and flows. Many of them have made resurgences in modern times after being on the wane for extended periods of time.

I'm all for it. It's a realistic touch, and it underscores the tension between being "of" the larger world around you without becoming completely submerged in it.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by lil'rhino:
I'm glad Invisible Kid got to speak!!

I hated Dream Girl's non-platinum hair!!

I like the updated version of his original costume, too!

I'm guessing Dreamy's hair is just a coloring error.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Arromdee:
I just got the issue out and checked it to see just what people were talking about. Okay, that is weird and I don't see how it couldn't have been intentional.

It's certainly a huge upgrade for Yera, if this is the case. Cham can't turn into energy, after all.

If Yera can turn into a hologram, she's one part Chameleon Boy, one part Monica Rambeau.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by razsolo:

- Levitz has a GREAT handle on Gates! Did he teleport the three of them from Earth to Naltor though?? That's pretty hardcore! Has he always had interstellar range?

Never any planet to planet, much less solar system to solar system.
I seriously doubt he's suppposed to have done that.
I was thinking spaceship to ground, sort of like the Star Trek transporter.
Which would be pushng his powers quite a bit, but not impossibly so.

But who knows?
Imra is using telekinesis (?) and maybe Yera is turning into energy.
Odo, the shapeshifter on Deep Space 9 could become energy, particularly fire, but he was sort of an energy plasma in his natural state.
For that matter, STNG had a race of shifters who were even more energy based than Odo's people.

But Cham and Yera?
We haven't seen that ever before, have we?

Maybe we should chalk it up to Cinar's inexperience with the Legion or Levitz's bad memory or something.
At least, until we see it again and more explicitely.
?

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ken Arromdee
Active

Who's to say that that's a hologram? The picture's flat and even in the 21st Century we have electronic picture frames. They're not holograms, they're just screens that display images. She'd only have to be able to glow.

Alternately, maybe it's Quislet, although he could only hide so long before it disintegrates.

Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Am I missing something? What has everyone so convinced it's Yera? My first thought was Quislet, but I forgot about the disintegrating thing.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.