Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Loser's Gallery (Page 17)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 38 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  36  37  38   
Author Topic: Loser's Gallery
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Last week Dean Lee sent me a pic he'd been working on and asked if I could color it. Here are the results of that collaboration...

Dean's original Women of Colu:

Click for fullsize image

The Women of Colu in color (reduced in size for posting here):

Click for fullsize image

The full sized (1158 x 977, 637KB) version can be found HERE

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Batgirl by Phil Moy

-

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

My two entries (so far) for Kat's Tom Burgos Challenge.

Saturn Girl and Lightning Lad

Click for fullsize image

Supergirl

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Seems like you improve with ever pic loser.
I really like the effect you got on saturn girl's hair (and supergirl too). Is it a filter, a special brush, or a hand done effect?

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
baycent54
new

Icon 1 posted      Profile for baycent54   Author's Homepage   Email baycent54         Edit/Delete Post     
Basically, what my posting is, is a bit of ego-boo. Actually, I was wondering if anyone might be interested in seeing a bit of rather ADULT artwork (NO X-rated stuff, though.)
Okay, I'm blowing my own horn here.
Anyway, if anyone wants, er, dares to visit, the addy is: www.freewebz.com/centaur/index.html
Remember: some of the pics are Mature audience stuff.
Read: Nix, kids

From: Michigan | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Loser Lad:
Last week Dean Lee sent me a pic he'd been working on and asked if I could color it. Here are the results of that collaboration...

Dean's original Women of Colu:

Click for fullsize image

The Women of Colu in color (reduced in size for posting here):

Click for fullsize image

The full sized (1158 x 977, 637KB) version can be found HERE

Lou, thanks a lot for posting this. The idea came from Fat Cramer a LOOOONG time ago. I tried to depict several different types of women to represent the best female minds of Colu. The colors are vivid and well done. I love it!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
My dream sketch come true! Thank you Dean & Loser! I love that they're different ages, shapes and ... well, looks.

(And great choice of background too.)

[ February 07, 2005, 03:27 AM: Message edited by: Fat Cramer ]

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
I still have that drawing of Sharn Nux and Brainiac 4 somewhere....

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kinetix
Active

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Kinetix   Author's Homepage   Email Kinetix         Edit/Delete Post     
Lots of good work. Really nice on the Batgirl, though, even working in a background. Nice job!

J

--------------------
"Why must power be so elusive?" - Zoe Saugin
Enter Zoe's Closet

From: Everywhere, nowhere... | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

quote:
Originally posted by dedman:
I really like the effect you got on saturn girl's hair (and supergirl too). Is it a filter, a special brush, or a hand done effect?

It's all hand done. I color the base layer for the hair in a medium shade of the color I want it to be. Then I use burn/midtones with a soft brush to shade the darker parts and dodge/midtones with a soft brush to add some highlights. Then I use burn again, this time with a one-pixel hard brush set to burn/highlights to draw in the individual strands of hair. Takes a few minutes, but having a tablet makes it much quicker and easier.

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Loser Lad
Stressed

quote:
Originally posted by baycent54:
Basically, what my posting is, is a bit of ego-boo. Actually, I was wondering if anyone might be interested in seeing a bit of rather ADULT artwork (NO X-rated stuff, though.)
Okay, I'm blowing my own horn here.
Anyway, if anyone wants, er, dares to visit, the addy is: www.freewebz.com/centaur/index.html
Remember: some of the pics are Mature audience stuff.
Read: Nix, kids

Looks like there are quite a few in there that could safely be posted on the board baycent. You ought to start a thread and post them here so everyone can see 'em! Like I said you can always post links to the rest of them like you did here.

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Loser Lad
Stressed

quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
My dream sketch come true! Thank you Dean & Loser!

Thanks FC! And thank you for inspiring Dean to draw it! [Smile]

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Loser Lad
Stressed

quote:
Originally posted by Kinetix:
Lots of good work. Really nice on the Batgirl, though, even working in a background. Nice job!

Thanks Kinetix. The original sketch had sort of a city-scape background drawn in, but I liked it better this way.

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
My two entries (so far) for Kat's Tom Burgos Challenge.

Saturn Girl and Lightning Lad

Click for fullsize image

That has always been my favorite Burgos pic and your colors just make it more so Lou. Great job!
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Here's how I spent most of the day today. Easily the most complicated image I've colored so far. Worth the trouble though. I'm pretty happy with the way this turned out.

KISS was one of my favorite bands growing up. When I saw this image I knew I had to color it. Here's KISS, drawn by Al Rio.

Like the Dawnstar I posted earlier, the finished product is too large to post here, so I'm posting a smaller version. You can check out the full-sized version here.

Click for fullsize image

Just working my way back through the gallery.

[Eek!] This is absolutely stunning Lou! I'd buy a poster of this one in a heartbeat. Not much of a KISS fan today but was a major one growing up. Can't remember how many Halloweens I put on the makeup and go out as Ace.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 38 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  36  37  38   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.