Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Loser's Gallery (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 38 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  36  37  38   
Author Topic: Loser's Gallery
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Last one for now. This one's not Legion-related.

Here's Mary Marvel drawn by Casey Jones...

-

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
If you get bored, Loser dear, you neglected to color this Freeky pic the first time around... [Wink]

Click for fullsize image

[ August 12, 2004, 01:06 PM: Message edited by: Spellbinder ]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks to Loser once again for all his stellar coloring and textures. I'll note that beyond two versions of Freekinos' sketch, he also did background coloring to punch up the avatar I use at left, and I'm also grateful for that.
From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Spellbinder:
If you get bored, Loser dear, you neglected to color this Freeky pic the first time around... [Wink]

*sigh*...I didn't neglect it Jeckie dear. My computer BLEW UP before I could get to it! Honestly, though, this one intimidated me a little, which is why I was putting it off until I had a little more practice. Two characters, that long, flowing cape on Crujectra...not to mention the hair. My God the hair...I think I had an easier time doing the detailed wings on the Greybird pic than I would doing that hair justice.

All that being said, it IS a beautiful drawing, and I'd love to give it a shot, but I'm going to have to take my time with it and really do it right before I'll post it here. Don't forget I've got a year's worth of ring-rust to shake off here. [Wink]

[ August 13, 2004, 09:53 AM: Message edited by: Loser Lad ]

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

quote:
Originally posted by Greybird:
Thanks to Loser once again for all his stellar coloring and textures.

You're welcome Grey. And thank you for the praise!

quote:
I'll note that beyond two versions of Freekinos' sketch, he also did background coloring to punch up the avatar I use at left, and I'm also grateful for that.
I wish I could remember exactly what I did to come up with the background on that avatar. I think I just pasted a photo of a sunet into the background but I'm not sure. I know I didn't color it by hand. I'm still happy with the way it turned out though [Smile]

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Whoa. nice stuff LL. What program do you use to color stuff with? I've been tempted to order one of those coloring comics programs but I'm too cheap to just grab one indiscriminately and it seems nobody talks about them so I have no idea which ones might be worth the money and which ones are a straight rip off.
From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

I use Adobe Photoshop 6. Definitely not a cheap program (The newest version usually retails at around $600 US). I picked mine up on eBay a few years ago for somewhere around $200. For what I use it for it's definitely worth it.

Adobe also puts out Photoshop Elements which is basically a Photoshop Lite, without some of the more advanced features. I haven't used Elements so I can't really say how it stacks up against Photoshop but I'm guessing it's still a pretty kick ass graphics program.

I have used Adobe's Photo Deluxe, which is similar to Photoshop but offers fewer options and a lot less control over layers and such. It's a decent editing program (I used Photo Deluxe on some photomanips I did years ago which I believe are still at the LMBP Yahoo Group) which came bundled with a scanner I bought awhile back. Don't know what that one retails for though.

From what I've heard Paint Shop Pro is comparable to Photoshop but much cheaper (somewhere in the $100-200 range). Again I haven't used it, but I know several people who do and have turned ot some mindblowing work with it.

Outside of those I can't really recommend any other good programs.

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Loser Lad
Stressed

One thing I can hwoleheartedly recommend though is a good graphics tablet. I use a Wacom Intuos 2, which is their midrange tablet, and it's awesome for coloring. With a tablet you're drawing on a surface with a pen, which is much more natural than pushing a mouse around the desk. It gives you a lot more control over your brush strokes than using a mouse and, for me at least, produces a better end result.

My tablet cost me about $200, but Wacom also offers the Graphire line of tablets which you can get now for under $100. From what I've heard the Graphire tablets are nearly as responsive as the Intuos tablets and well worth the money.

I've heard mixed results about other (cheaper) brands of tablets, so I wouldn't really recommend anything other than a Wacom tablet.

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Loser Lad
Stressed

Awhile back on LegionPics or one of those groups Steve Lightle posted his original art for one of the panels in Who's Who in the Legion alongside the panel that actually saw print to show how his art was changed by TPTB.

Here's the panel as it originally appeared in "Who's Who in the Legion" #1 (I believe) and Steve's original art, colored by me.

-

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Muchas Gracias, amigo.
From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
These are wonderful, Lou! Shake that rust and do some more!

I really liked the Sketch Lad - never saw the whole picture, just what dean used as an avatar. Very nice with the miniature "muses" flying around him. Some of the other LMBPers I'd seen before - except for Looks That Kill Lad.

Amazing what a difference the colouring makes on that Lightle Who's Who art!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Thanks FC! I'm working on a couple of projects right now, so sooner or later I'll have new stuff to post here.

Here's one more "from the Archives" is it were. This is the infamous missing page from SLSH #212 featuring Matter Eater Lad and Karate Kid. I submitted this last year as my "audition piece" for Matter Eater Lad: The Series. Apparently I got the job, but I'm still waiting for the inked pages to be sent to me to be colored...

-

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Jeepers! I'm so excited by Loser Lad's coloring that I may have to scrawl the pages to MEL: TS myself!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Well hurry up already... [Big Grin]

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Your coloring's great, Lou, but I don't even think *it* could save my artwork!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 38 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  36  37  38   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.