Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Loser's Gallery (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 38 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  36  37  38   
Author Topic: Loser's Gallery
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Lou, these are awesome!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Love the Doc Midnight Lou! Did you use a tablet to color it?
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Yep. I have a Wacom Intuos 2. I think the only one that I didn't use the tablet for was the Mary Marvel. That one was done with just the mouse.

Thanks for the compliments Scott & Cobie!

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Dang, Lou! The colors get better and better.

Keep them up! I really love the Doc Midnite piece.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, I gotta get me a tablet now. I've been wanting to start honing my skills to color sequential work. I just hope that Paint Shop Pro works with the Graphire3 (on sale at Best Buy for $99) as that's my graphics program of choice. Can't afford Adobe and PSP is what we use at work plus CostCo sells the full version for under $80.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
PSP will work with a Graphire tablet. The tablet and pen basically replace your mouse as your pointing device, so you can use it with just about any program you would normally use a mouse for.

I'll warn you now that getting used to the tablet takes a little time. I didn't like it at first, and there's still some things that I don't use it for, but for brush work, shading and blending and the like I can't live without it now!

If you haven't used a tablet before I'd suggest hooking it up and then putting your mouse in the desk drawer for about a week. Just use the pen to do everything that you would normally do with your mouse. Use it while you web browse, use it with PSP, use it to check your email. Do everything you would normally do with your mouse but do it using the pen. That'll help you get used to the way the pen works, what it's good for and what it really isn't good for. By the end of the week you'll be comfortable enough with it that it will be second nature to use it for PSP or whatever you plan to use it for.

Working with the tablet is easier for me because I'm left handed, but use a mouse right handed. With the tablet I can draw with the pen in my left hand, and that gives me a lot more control over my lines than pushing the mouse with my right does.

BTW, from what I hear PSP is every bit as good as Adobe Photoshop, so as far as that goes you certainly won't be suffering from an inferior program if you use PSP. Hell, at $80.00 for the full version I might even consider picking it up and trying it out for myself.

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
These are fantastic, maybe you could help with some stuff, when I'm not such an idiot, of course.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Let me know what you have in mind Rave and I'll see what I can do.

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
It's a difficult process, first I have to get Sara to get off her lazyy ass and draw the pics (I do the writing) and then I would ask you to color them for me, of course I would give you a blank sketch and a pencil colored sketch.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Yeah, let me know when you've got something together and I'll give it a crack. I've got to warn you though that I work pretty slow on stuff like this, so it might take me awhile to finish something for you, but I'll be happy to try.

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Loser Lad
Stressed

I love Steve Lightle's Legion work. When I saw this sketch I just had to color it...

Click for fullsize image

P.S. to Abin: still working on the one you sent me. I'll get it finished some day, I promise!

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Looks great, Loser dear.

Hmmmm... not really sure WHAT is going through Shvaugn's mind at that moment... I NEVER try to knee someone who's giving me presents [Wink]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Thank you Princess!

Maybe Jan just transmuted the flowers out of thin air to prevent her from going through with it? [Big Grin]

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
Sweets for a sweet couple, dude. I've been a Jan-and-Shvaughn partisan from way back, and much more could have been done with them before the TMK mudslide *sigh*
From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

They were always one of my favorite couples too, especially during Lightle's all-too-brief run at the beginning of v.3.

--------------------
The LMB Archives

This topic comprises 38 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  36  37  38   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.