Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Loser's Gallery (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 38 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  36  37  38   
Author Topic: Loser's Gallery
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
So Lou, Where is it? All those others are Absolutely Great...

But you know which one I'm waiting to see...

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
Equisite! Marvelous, as always.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks guys!

Oh, and just in case you missed this part of the post...

quote:
Originally posted by Loser Logan:
P.S. to Abin: still working on the one you sent me. I'll get it finished some day, I promise!

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, one more for the Jan fans in the house. I started this one a long time ago (before my old computer blew up) and only recently finished it.

Here's Element Lad in his Cockrum designed 70's costume, drawn by Colleen Doran...

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
Gorgeous idea, sketch, and color. Yet that outfit (always the best color scheme for Jan, I felt) raises the same question in my mind every time I see it:

How did that green upward arrow ever get past the prudes at the Comics Code Authority?

One of the true mysteries of the comics universe [Wink]

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Could have been worse. Imagine it was a big green arrow pointing downwards! I bet that one wouldn't have slipped by the CCA!

BTW, little known fact (or maybe not so little known?) that costume was originally designed as a costume for Colossal Boy, hence the upwards arrow, indicating growth. For some reason they (I don't recall if it was Cockrum, the editors or DC itself) scrapped the idea and then brought it back later for Element Lad after Gim's Cockrum era costume (which was a rejected Ultra Boy design) was introduced.

I can't remember where I read all of that.

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
It's so professional looking.

--------------------

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

The pics on page one, the ones of Sketch Lad, Lash and Faraway Lad, did you draw them?

--------------------

Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Loser Lad:
Could have been worse. Imagine it was a big green arrow pointing downwards! I bet that one wouldn't have slipped by the CCA!

This was worse [Smile]

-  -  -

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by HighPriestessViviane:
The pics on page one, the ones of Sketch Lad, Lash and Faraway Lad, did you draw them?

The pics on the first page (from Loser to Looks That Kill Lad) were drawn by LMBPer Freekinos, with colors by Loser.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

quote:
Originally posted by HighPriestessViviane:

Gawd, I only wish I could draw like that! No, as Crujectra said those were drawn by Tony "Freekinos" Scott, who I fully expect to see drawing comics for a living sooner or later.

As for my own talents, I'm afraid my drawing is more similar to Cobalt Kid's than it is to Tony's. [Wink]

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Loser Lad
Stressed

quote:
Originally posted by Reboot:
[QUOTE]This was worse [Smile]

You're not kidding Reboot! This was a costume actually used in a CCA approved book? I'm surprised they let that happen.

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Loser Lad:
You're not kidding Reboot! This was a costume actually used in a CCA approved book? I'm surprised they let that happen.

Well, it's not like the arrow's pointing down [Wink]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

I found this Moy sketch awhile back and I just had to color it in honor of High Priestess Viviane's birthday, which is tomorrow (October 4th). Hope you like it Terry!

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Awesome coloring job, Lou!

Not to mention totally appropriate for KGZ/Viv's birthday tomorrow. She'll love it!

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 38 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  36  37  38   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.