Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Loser's Gallery (Page 19)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 38 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  36  37  38   
Author Topic: Loser's Gallery
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Found the sketchbook on Mike Wieringo's website and had to take a crack at a few of them. Shame the pics weren't any bigger.

The most recent Batgirl:

-

Superboy:

-

Three of the Fatal Five:

-

-

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Holy frejoles!!! These are simply AWESOME!!!

A wonderful cavalcade of colouring greatness! Totally Ace! [Smile]

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Thank you sir!

New stuff from the Chemical King gallery. This is Jeff Moy's recreation of the cover from Superboy and the Legion 228.

First the straight-up colored version:

Click for fullsize image

Then the cover mock-up, complete with logo, bar code and Comics Code Authority seal of approval!

Click for fullsize image

And just for comparison sake, here's the original S/LSH 228 cover, drawn by Grell.

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Batgirl and Black Canary by Stephen Butler...

Click for fullsize image

[ March 03, 2005, 11:30 AM: Message edited by: Loser Lad ]

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Condo looks great in Moy's artwork but boy he made Supes look young didn't he? Good job on the colors LL. The coever mock up came out great also. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Aye. He's barely out of his Super Huggies in that one! [Big Grin] And thanks for the compliments Vee!

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Loser Lad
Stressed

One more for now. Zatanna and a "friend", drawn by Chad Spilker...

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Great job on all of these Loser! I also particularly liked the Vi and Jeckie that you colored.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
If anyone is interested, here is the original picture used to create my avatar, drawn by me and colored by the handsome Loser Lad [Smile]

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kinetix
Active

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Kinetix   Author's Homepage   Email Kinetix         Edit/Delete Post     
Nifty stuff. =)

--------------------
"Why must power be so elusive?" - Zoe Saugin
Enter Zoe's Closet

From: Everywhere, nowhere... | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Thanks Kinetix!

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Loser Lad
Stressed

New stuff! White Witch, drawn by Dean Lee.

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Loser Lad
Stressed

Some Shadowcat stuff for Kat's Challenge.

First one's a quickie drawn by Eliseu Gouveia:

-

By TCatt:

Click for fullsize image

By Jeff Moy:

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm enjoying these, don't get me wrong. It's just that these pages have so many large files linked to them that this one (page 19), for example, has taken over 15 minutes to load. Yes, I'm one of the primitives who still only has 52Kbps dial-up.

So I can't scan it more than once a week. Even a second visit later in the day means that these have expired from my browser cache. (I only keep that at 10 MB.)

I'm glad that Loser is using THUMBnails, but as others have pointed out, their benefits in easier display don't mean that they take any less time to load -- the originals are sized down by LW.net.

I hate to say it, but the only way around this is to create (and host) thumbnails oneself, making a 200-to-300-pixel .gif version, which would be displayed with a link to the original this way (change { } to [ ]):

{URL=OriginalLocationHere.jpg}{IMG}ThumbnailLocationHere.gif{/IMG}{/URL}

It'd be worth thinking about, for a page that has as many images as this one.

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Ouch. Dial-up sucks. I feel for you Grey.

For me something like this might not be a bad idea. I have enough space available where it wouldn't be much of a problem to host the additional files, but I know some of the folks using free image hosting might run into a space crunch trying to host two separate files for each image they want to host here.

I'll think about doing that from now on.

--------------------
The LMB Archives

This topic comprises 38 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  36  37  38   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.