Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya! (Page 20)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  93  94  95   
Author Topic: Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya!
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, I'm glad that this is headlined again! It's a Legion World tradition!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
So when are we going to see some new profiles???

Hmmm...

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Crap... I don't think I ever posted here! [Eek!] Hold on, lemme go get the list of questions...

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
You know, I'm not sure if I ever did either! How many pages do I have to read through to be sure? TWENTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hmmm, maybe I'll just post an abridged bio instead...

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Name: Julio

Occupation: Renaissance Man ~ which means I do a little bit of everything, although I currently hold the title of Vice President/General Manager.

First started following the Legion: in the Adventure era ~ "The Civil War" issue # 333 was the first Legion comic I ever read (and owned. It was given to me by the older brother of a friend.) Adventure # 354 "The Adult Legionnaires" part one was the first Legion comic I ever bought and I continued buying ever Legion issue through the end of Adventure, into Action Comics, and then on into Superboy. (I even bought the entire run of Legion of Super Heroes v1 - all reprints!)

Continued buying until I went off to college (1977) then stopped because I was TOO old for comics (I did work up the courage to buy an occasional issue even after that and I use to sneak peeks at them at bookstores when I was SURE no one was looking! [Big Grin] )

Saved them all these years and I would go back and re-read them whenever I was feeling nostalgic. The in the '90s I discovered how much my old comics were worth (through eBay) and that got me interested again. Since then I've completed my collection of all Adventure era appearances and have worked my way forward to the present day. I'm now proud to be a regular subscriber once again.

Favorite Legionnaires: Mon-El, Invisible Kid (Lyle), Chemical King, Element Lad, & Cosmic Boy (all in their preboot incarnations). I was also always a big fan of the Subs, Reserves, Honorary members & the Super Pets!.

Favorite Stories: Mordru's first appearance (two parter- Adventure 369 & 370); the Adult Legion (two parter - Adventure 354 & 355); the fight with Universo in "End of the Legion/Legion Chain Gang" (two parter- Adventure 359 & 360), The Dark Circle's first appearance (Adventure 367), the first appearance of the Legion Academy & the birth of the LSV (Adventure 371 & 372) are just some. I also loved the Magic Wars arc when I finally read it.

Other things you like: I love to read. I prefer Sci-Fi, Fantasy, & Mysteries as well as some historical novels, but will gladly read anything, if its interesting. Enjoy most styles of music although my favorites are all considered oldies today [Big Grin]

--------------------

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Pov:
Crap... I don't think I ever posted here! [Eek!] Hold on, lemme go get the list of questions...

Geez, I didn't think the list was THAT far away...! [Big Grin]
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

quote:
Originally posted by Varalent:
You know, I'm not sure if I ever did either! How many pages do I have to read through to be sure? TWENTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hmmm, maybe I'll just post an abridged bio instead...

At last! [Wink]

Good to "meet" you, Julio. [Smile] [hug]

Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi, Julio, nice to get to know you a bit better!

So, do you have Latin American ancestry? I just ask because of the name (and the Florida connection, you do seem to go there often).

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Yes, I was born in Cuba (on the day Castro marched into Havana and took personal control of the government) but my family fled to the States when I was about 2 1/2 years old.

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Rumor is, Vee might look like Ramon Navarro [Wink] !
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Who needs rumor? Didn't you see those Vee-licious pics Vee posted a while back? Too bad he took 'em down already! [Wink]
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

What? I missed 'em!

Oh yeah, that reminds me! I have two pics of myself I want to post! Now I just need to learn how to do it!

Stu
Time Trapper

Sorry, Cobester -- you snooze, you lose! [Big Grin]

Now pony up those two pics, if you please!

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
What? I missed 'em!

I have them saved Cobster. [Big Grin]

And I'm not doing a bio since you all know way too much about me already. [Wink]

[ February 18, 2004, 07:20 AM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Nice [Big Grin] !

Oh yeah, that reminds me: no one show up at my house in the middle of the night with out calling ahead of time first, so I can direct you to Pov's! [Wink]

This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  93  94  95   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.