Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » 2008: the ultimate MEET-UP at San Diego: wrap-up, pics and sharing experiences (Page 32)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  ...  64  65  66   
Author Topic: 2008: the ultimate MEET-UP at San Diego: wrap-up, pics and sharing experiences
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
quote:
Originally posted by CJ Taylor:
 -

Dude--whats that thing comin' outta Ceej's HEAD?!?!? [LOL]
I'm a little sensivite about my conjoined twin syndrome.
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
ALL PEOPLE-

I have received the official exhibitor rulebooks, and see I have a lot of paperwork deadlines looming with very little lead time, some this week, some next.

If I ask anyone for info PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE respond as quickly as possible.

Thank you.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Request for a volunteer:

Does anyone wanna be our PR person? This person would be official contact for news media, should any take an interest in our little group.

Please let me know by Monday, or we'll do without one. I have to get the form to them by Friday the 13th, and I am not footing the bill for anything but regular mail for the next week's batch of paperwork.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Now that it's getting so close, any ideas what we're going to do for giveaways, signage, etc.? I've got a small print shop near me that's pretty reasonable, but they may need a couple weeks' lead time.

One thing I'd suggest is small stickers people can put on their badges. It's cheaper than buttons. We'd have to have a logo, and, as I think Scott or someone mentioned earlier, we probably should be careful about using actual Legion images.

Any other ideas? Anything already in the works?

Kent, I'm sorry you're getting saddled with so much work for something that started as us just wanting to have an easy meeting space.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

I put a threat on Bits looking for volunteers, and got some pledges for materials/freebees, but no one on table design.
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I was thinking of bringing a carton of red hot fire balls to give out. We could rename them "Wildfires" or "Sun Boys"

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
That sounds like fun, Quis.

Anyone mind if I take it upon myself to get the stickers? I don't want to wait til the last minute.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey guys,
regret to say but I won't be able to go this year after all.
My fiance and I have decided to buy a house...the speed that things move here in Fort McMurray, we expect to be in a home soon. Actually we are putting in an offer on one tommorrow.
Anyways, the long and the short of it all is I can't justify the expense right now. As much as I want to meet you guys, I'm afraid it'll have to wait to some other convention [Frown]

PS - Kent, I know why i wasn't getting your emails now. My dedman ID still had my old email addy on it. Something is screwed up with the password and i can't access it any more. I've updated my profile, my new addy is there.

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Suddenly Seymour:
That sounds like fun, Quis.

Anyone mind if I take it upon myself to get the stickers? I don't want to wait til the last minute.

Go for it. From what I learned, Legion symbols and characters should be okay to use for freebies. As long as we don't transpose them out of DC context, or use them to promote something without DC's consent.
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

I'll ditto CJ. Sounds great, Seymour!
Klordny
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klordny   Author's Homepage   Email Klordny         Edit/Delete Post     
I figured it would be a good idea for me to pop in here with my plans too.

The Legion of Super-Gamblers (a group which dates back to the Usenet days) will be in Las Vegas on our 12th annual trip from Thursday July 17 to Sunday July 20, which sounds like it might overlap some of the LWers visits. If anyone is going to be there during our trip, we'd love to have you stop by and hang out, the more the merrier.

I'll be taking a side trip to LA from Monday through Wednesday lunchtime-ish, then I'll drive down to San Diego. I have a room for 5 nights (checking in Wed., checking out Monday morning) at the Holiday Inn by the Bay, about a mile from the convention center and right on the shuttle route (#3 on the purple shuttle route). As much as I'd like the privacy, the rooms are pricier than I'd normally prefer, so if anyone is still looking for a room, I can take in a roommate for half price (which will end up being around $100 a night).

Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

thanks, Michael!
I'm pretty sure others are at or near the same Holiday Inn.

Deddy, as I said on the phone, sorry you can't make it, but congratulations on the developments in real life!

NEWS:

Seymour, Director and Actor are all officially registered for exhibitor badges along with me! With Deddy dropped out, I owe two of you a $6 refund and one of you $25. Unless you're starving for cash, I'll wait until the con itself?

Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Con's fine, Kent!

As for the stickers: I just got back from the print shop, and they are quite reasonable. And they don't need a whole lot of lead time. They're fairly tiny, just perfect to stick on a badge.

I'm going to hop on Photoshop myself, but if anyone wants to send me art ideas, I'd be glad to mix 'em up or just run yours if it's better. The size is 1 5/8 inches by 7/16 inches (think return address label).

We should get our name and basic URL on there. Anything else is icing!

--------------------
Geek Watch

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

UPDATED attendee list:

Me
Yellow Kid and friend
Faraway
Gigglebot
Abin
Cramer
Cobie (for the weekend)
Scott
Caroline
Gary
CJ
Mechana
Seymour
Akanipsion
Actor Lad
Rockhopper
Director Lad
Caliente + friends
Monkey Eater Lad
Outdoor Miner
L.E.G.I.O.N.- John
Michael Grabois
Superboymddjr + friends
Blue Battler (last I knew)

feel free to let me know if I've missed anyone.

The following people are not on the meet-up list-serve yet. While you are of course free to opt not to participate, we have begun to discuss dinner plans and the like:

Yellow Kid
Akanipsion
Michael Grabois
Superboymddjr + friends
Blue Battler (last I knew)

so please send me a message if you want to join the list.

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
You forgot me. [Frown]

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  ...  64  65  66   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.