Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya! (Page 35)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  ...  93  94  95   
Author Topic: Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya!
Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Name: Rob

AKA: Lad Boy

Home: Arlington, VA/Washington, DC

Legion Fan Since: Superboy and The Legion of Super-Heroes # 202.

Favorite Legionnaires:
Male: Element Lad, Sun Boy, Lightning Lad
Female: Dream Girl, Projectra (when she looked like Grace Kelly, not like Grace Kelly’s handbag)

Favorite Legion Creators: Mike Grell. I had an artistically inclined school friend create a poster of several Grell-era Legionnaires for me. I stared at Sun Boy and Lightning Lad for years as I was falling asleep -- ages 9 - 18. **edited 12/12/08, to add Cockrum, Kitson, Calero **

Favorite Legion Stories: It’s been so long, I don’t recall the stories, maybe the Earthwar saga.

Favorite Legion Era: Cockrum/Grell, Waid/Kitson

Favorite Films: Bladerunner, Citizen Kane, Princess Bride

Favorite Music: Clapton, Ella, Raitt, Dire Straits, Annie Lennox, Maria McKee, Muddy Waters, J.S. Bach

Favorite TV Shows: The Weather Channel, because unless there’s a hurricane to track, I see no reason to turn the damned TV on.

[ December 12, 2008, 04:39 AM: Message edited by: Lad Boy ]

From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roxy
Misfit

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roxy           Edit/Delete Post     
Name: Geraldine
Alter Egos: Rapture
Base of Operations: California
Interests: Comics, Movies, Books/Reading
First Legion Story: Um...Five Year gap one, that's the one with Jewel right.
Favorite Legion Era: 5 year gap
Favorite Female Legionnaire: Umbra (though I like Princess Projectra)
Favorite Male Legionnaire: Mon-El
Least Favorite Legionnaire: Kid Quantum I
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones
Least Favorite Movie: Moulin Rouge (I am justified)
Favorite Music: Country
Least Favorite Music: Rap
TV:SNL
Odd Fact: I am very scornful
Picture:  -  -  -

[ June 28, 2005, 04:46 AM: Message edited by: Morgaine of the Faeries ]

From: Misfits Music | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roxy
Misfit

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roxy           Edit/Delete Post     
What, you didn't actually think I would post a pic of myself, I just stole from Viv's example.

[ November 20, 2004, 02:02 AM: Message edited by: Lady Van Tassel ]

From: Misfits Music | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey! None of that! I _demand_ pics that show you! If I can do it (and I hate being in pictures) then so can you! No DO IT before I get angry! [Mad]

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
Until Viv posts an actual pic of herself, I'll always think of her as resembling Anjelica Huston... [LOL] [Wink]
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, but Viv is 18! Anjelica Huston...well, not so 18ish. It doesn't work for me.

[ November 20, 2004, 05:39 PM: Message edited by: ferroboy ]

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luca
Sensor Kid of the European Legion Outpost

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luca           Edit/Delete Post     
A.K.A.: SensorKid (here)
Base of Operations: Italy
Interests: literature-comics-computer graphica-names
First Legion Story: The Great Darkness Saga
First Story I saw LSH: Crisis
Favorite Legion Era: Paul Levitz period
Favorite Female Legionnaire: SensorGirl
Favorite Male Legionnaire: Ferro
Favorite Movies: Clerks
Favorite Book: Vurt by Jeff Noon
Favorite TV serie:Buffy

--------------------
Ciao by Sensor Kid...from the European Legion Outpost

From: European Legion Outpost | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Aw, that's so sweet that I'm one of your favorite Legionnaires, Luca! [Smile] (OK, not quite me, but close enough.) And another Buffy fan joins the ranks! Not to mention another Levitz-era lover.

--------------------
Dan

Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
Anjelica is a regal beauty, with a sexy figure, do think of her as me.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Basilios
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Basilios   Email Basilios         Edit/Delete Post     
Name: Basilios Papavasiliou

Home: Sydney, Australia

Favorite Male Legionnaires: Brainaic 5, Starboy, Karate Kid I
Favorite Female Legionnaires: Shadow Lass, Shrinking Voilet

Favorite Legion Creators: Paul Levitz, Keith Giffen, James Sherman, Steven Lightle, DnA and Oliver Copiel.

Favorite Legion Era: Hmmm.... I like bits of all of them.

Favorite Movies: The Night of the Hunter, Kiss Me Deadly, Hanni-bi(Fireworks), American Graffiti, Heaps more

Favorite Music: Elvis Costello, Eric Clapton, David Bowie, Mike Patton, Heaps more

Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

quote:
Originally posted by HighPriestess Viviane:
Anjelica is a regal beauty, with a sexy figure, do think of her as me.

I understand the _feel_ of Anjelica, but it's her age that throws it off for me.

--------------------
Dan

Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
She's only 52. My dad's older than her. You know in today's society old is around 62-64. So she's still a babe and just deal.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
She's only 52. My dad's older than her. You know in today's society old is around 62-64. So she's still a babe and just deal.

It's true. I once dated a lady more than 20 years older than me that I -and many other people- assumed was only about five years older.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LanternLad
Writer & artist for www.DC2universe.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LanternLad   Author's Homepage   Email LanternLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Name: Scott
Where you live: Apple Valley, CA
What you do: Office manager of a Nursing Registry

Favorite Legionnaire: Probably Lar Gand, maybe Jo... it's too difficult to pick one.
creators: Giffen (I liked the dark stuff... he wasn't afraid to really screw with characters), Levitz, DnA
stories: Lost, Terra Mosaic (the stories that ripped out your guts everytime something bad happened alas, poor Dirk)
eras: All of them
when I started reading: around 1984

movies: Star Wars, Lord of the Rings
books: Lord of the Rings, true Ghost stories music:
Real Alternative: the Cure, Coldplay, the Verve, the Smiths, Oingo Boingo, a Perfect Circle, Bauhaus, Love & Rockets etc.
Classics: the Beatles, the Doors, Bowie, Pink Floyd etc.
Hard Rock: Van Halen, etc.
Metal: Queensryche, Tool etc.
Industrial: Ministry, NIN

Music Hates: Alternative crap (since when is Metallica alternative?), Rap, Country.

Musics a big thing for me, I have over 600 CD's.

Favorite Comics: Legion, GL, Nightwing, JSA, Books of Magic (and a few dozen others)

--------------------
Lantern Lad
In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night... Long Live the Legion
Check out my other writings at: www.DC2universe.com

From: OA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

quote:
Originally posted by Kent:
quote:

It's true. I once dated a lady more than 20 years older than me that I -and many other people- assumed was only about five years older.
I had the opposite experience. I dated a guy (well, it was 2 guys, but we'll ignore this detail) 12 years older than me but everyone thought it was more like 20.

Anyway, my point wasn't about whether or not 52 is old, but whether I can wrap my mind around a 52-year-old-looking 18-year-old. Get it?

--------------------
Dan

This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  ...  93  94  95   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.