Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya! (Page 39)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  ...  93  94  95   
Author Topic: Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya!
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
All this time I thought I was communicating with Harbinger and ***!!!*** it may have been an imposter!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
All this time I thought I was communicating with Harbinger and ***!!!*** it may have been an imposter!

Nah! Just an Alt ID! (Doesn't that make you feel better FC? [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
He can jolly well sign in as himself from now on,
though I don't think he posted all that often as me, at least not that I've found anyway [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
I had someone post as me once or twice.

Note to self: Kill Sara for that.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mon-el 1973

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mon-el 1973   Email Mon-el 1973         Edit/Delete Post     
Name:Troy
Base of Operations:Illinois
Interests:Comics,Music,Movies
Began reading Superboy& the Legion of Super-Heroes in 1975 (yes i started as a 4 yr old thanks to an older cousin)...
First Legion Story:"The Legionnaire Bride of Starfinger"S&LSH #200
Favorite Legion Era:The Cockrum & Grell Era
Favorite Female Legionnaire:Phantom Girl
Favorite Male Legionnaire:Mon-el
Least Favorite Legionnaire:Chemical King
Favorite Movies:Superman II,The Empire Strikes Back
Least Favorite Movie:Godzilla (the 1998 version)
Favorite Band(s):Beatles,Zepplin,Public Enemy
Favorite TV Show:Seinfeld,Angel,Buffy,Lost in Space

(editted to show list format)

[ January 10, 2005, 08:50 AM: Message edited by: Princess Crujectra ]

From: naperville, il | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Proty
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Proty   Email Proty         Edit/Delete Post     
Name: Proty

Well, let's see... I bought my first Legion comic in May of 1978, at the tender age of 8. I no longer have the issue, and can't remember anything about it, other than having bought it. In those days, I used to trade in my comics at a used book store, and buy other back issues with the proceeds. I can clearly remember buying SLSH 200 & 203, which I still have and dearly treasure. Anyway, I bought Legion comics off and on for the next 10 years or so, and then really got into the Legion in a big way while I was at college. I've bought darn near every Legion book since about 1988 or so.

And I guess I'm a curse for some of my favorite characters: Proty, naturally, & Blok, Quislet, & Kinetix. Others who have fared a bit better: Cosmic Boy, Sensor Girl (at least, before she was a snake), and Cham.

From: Washington, IL | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
Nice to see ya guys!

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doc Nimbus
Legion of Virtue

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doc Nimbus   Email Doc Nimbus         Edit/Delete Post     
Can't believe I didn't notice this thread before...!

Name: Will
Marital Status: Married
Base of Operations: Shelbyville, KY (though my heart's back in CO)
First Appearance: Doc Nimbus and the LSH #1.
History: My brother got me started on comics back when I was around 5. The first book I remember reading was Superboy and the LSH #203.. I think that's the number. The issue where Lyle gets crushed by Validus.. I became a diehard Legion fan, my favorite era being Levitz. My favorite guy characters are Cosmic Boy, Timber Wolf, Wildfire and Blok. My favorite girl characters are Dream Girl, Dawnstar, Light Lass, White Witch and Supergirl (Pre-Crisis).

Hobbies: I like almost any type of Role-playing games, from the medieval fantasy (D&D) to super-hero (Mutants and Masterminds). I also enjoy spending time with my kids (I have two, one boy, one girl), and playing City of Heroes with LWers!

Music: I like the Black-Eyed Peas and Evanescense(sic).
Movies: I loved Lord of the Rings and the Harry Potter movies!
TV: Currently I watch Smallville, Lost, Alias, Desperate Housewives and Boston Legal. In the past I was a diehard Buffy and Angel fan(still am)!

[ January 13, 2005, 05:12 AM: Message edited by: Firebow ]

--------------------
"Your plan didn't work, now let's try it my way...brute force!"

From: Founder's Falls, Paragon City | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
john
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for john   Email john         Edit/Delete Post     
name john
age 40
single
sunny south fla
security guard
pre crsis legion fan
the shooter era

--------------------
I am a stranger in a very strange
land

From: sunny south fla | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Boy's Boi
new

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Boy's Boi   Email Ultra Boy's Boi         Edit/Delete Post     
Name: Scott Tatum
Where you live: Atlanta, Georgia
What you do: going to graduate school. About to begin a strenuous summer of vacationing.

Legion info:
Male chars: Ultra Boy (of course), Invisible Kid, Element Lad (before insanity), Color Kid and Karate Kid.
Female chars: Princess Projectra (Sensor), Mysa, Dream Girl, Saturn Girl.
Villians: Mordru, Emerald Empress.

First issue: hmmm well the one I remember most vividly has Ultra Boy on the cover in the maw of a dinosaur in space.
I have collected various Legion incarnations from the 80s, 90s up to the new Legion re-boot.

Other things you like: RPGs (D&D and Mutants and Masterminds currently), City of Heroes (see below for toons), taking classes, theme parks and roller coasters (love Islands of Adventure and Six Flags over Georgia has great coasters), swimming.

Anything else that you want to share! Love the site. The timeline posts have helped fill in gaps where I have missed some storyline progression.
Have also enjoyed grouping with other Legionnaires on City of Heroes. My toons are on Virtue server : Rain Bow, Ultra Boi, Northern Star, Invisible Lad, Astral Deva, Pride March, Electron Shell, Snow Lad. On Victory: Rainbow Pride.

See you online!
Scott

From: Atlanta, GA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi Scott, glad to see another Atlantan on the board. Hope you made it through the ice storm over the weekend ok.

Also a late welcome to john and the Doc!

From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karie
Tart!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karie   Email Karie         Edit/Delete Post     
Name: Karyn Paul
Where you live: London (real home is Durban, South Africa)
What do you do: Secretary (dog's body) - druing the week, work at museums on weekends.

My first Legion comic was Legionnaires #1, and have been trying for the past 10 years to get the rest of them. There are just no comic book stores in Durban, so making the most of London stores =) and collecting every single Legion issue I can get my hands on.

Favourite characters are Saturn Girl, Lightning Lad, Chameleon, Brainy, Ultra Boy, Invisible Kid, actually all of them.

I'm loving this site, there's so much I didn't know, and the sketches, and info are brilliant!!!!

From: Durban, South Africa & Auckland, New Zealand. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Name: Matthew Elmslie
Where you live: Toronto, or close enough as makes no difference
What you do: itinerant cubicle monkey

Legion info: the first issue I ever read was the one where Blok joined, and I've had a soft spot for the big lug ever since. Several favourite eras, including the current one. Favourite story... it's hard to beat the Great Darkness.

Other things you like: baseball, ping-pong, ice cream, Canadian history, generational history, rock'n'roll.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
Damn, I've been posting so infrequently that I've missed welcoming people in here! (Not to mention in the numerous welcome threads.)

So...hello to Troy, Proty, Will, Scott, Karyn, and Matthew! I see a few of you are right around my age (34).

But, um, Scott...Astral Deva? Sounds like the name of a drag queen. Is there something we ought to know about you? [Wink]

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by john:
I am a stranger in a very strange
land

You don't know the half of it.
I swear, the longer you stay the stranger it gets too.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  ...  93  94  95   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.