Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya! (Page 66)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  ...  93  94  95   
Author Topic: Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya!
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Can't have enough football fans.

Welcome DK.

Your location? Is giving the county pretty much the way down there? Been a long time since I've even been through NC. Had a job interview once in.... eh, I forget. It'll come to me. Hickory? yeah that's it. Hickory.

Welcome to legion World.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walkwithcrowds
Skinny wee Scottish guy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for walkwithcrowds   Email walkwithcrowds         Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome to the gang DK.

I hope you are here to stay, it's a pretty cool place.

--------------------
Be lucky

From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
QuietDarkness
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for QuietDarkness   Author's Homepage   Email QuietDarkness         Edit/Delete Post     
Lurked for 2 years. Joined, still lurking. What the heck, tonight I decided to introduce myself.

Name: SherylR (what I used at dalnet Legion chat, lo those many years ago)

Location: Bellaire, Texas. Bellaire is the biggest little city within the Houston city limits

What you do: Registered Nurse. I also am the editor and the owner of The Collector Times, but that's my rathole of a hobby I pour money into, rather than a money making concern.

Legion info: Hahah! I started reading with Adventure 300...it hooked me at age 5, and I've been reading ever since. My favorite Legion artist of all time is Mike Grell, although Barry Kitson ranks a very close second, and I loved Dave Cockrum. Writers? Levitz, of course, and I also loved Keith Giffen's writing. I loved v3 and v4. Detested the first reboot with a passion, yet I am really enjoying the current run, warts and all. There's no Legionnaire I actively dislike, but if I had to pick favorites, it'd be Saturn Girl and Brainiac 5.

My oldest daughter is a Legion fan, too. I gave her the reboot title when she was about 14 or so and asked her to read it and so she could tell me if it sucked or not. She initially LOVED it, and like a good little Legion fanatic, went right back into my collection, and read everything from Adventure 247 on. So we do kinda stand out, being the mom/daughter Legion fandom team. I've made her a couple of Night Girl costumes: One is the silver age version, and the other one is the Grell costume. She's worn both to Comic Con International and to various Texas conventions. The year Barry and Mark attended Wizard Texas, my oldest daughter was wearing the 1950s Batwoman outfit, if that rings a bell with anyone. It was at that con that Barry told my daughter about this message board, and she told me about it. I've been lurking every since.

Amusingly enough, my husband, the I-don't-read-comics-I-read-real-books guy, loves the Legion cartoon. We watch it together every Saturday morning.

My youngest daughter is the rebel...she makes hers Marvel!

Anyway, I'm glad to be here. Hopefully I'll post periodically, now that I've decided to break the ice.

[Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
Night Girl's mother

From: Bellaire, Texas | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome to the community QD. Glad you finally posted. It sounds like your household is chock full of Legionny goodness. That's really cool.
From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
If you love Night Girl, I love you! (Imra & B5 are pretty good too.) Bonus points for being a nurse.

The SA Batwoman outfit is one that seemed to me like it shouldn't have worked but did anyway. Have you read The Nail, by the way?

Please feel free to start a thread with costume pictures, if you and your daughter would like.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi Sheryl - or QuietDarkness! Great to see you coming out of the lurking darkness. Do you do the beehive hairdo for Night Girl?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi QD! Welcome to Legion World. Glad you de-lurked and decided to post. Now that you've taken the hardest step, I predict you'll be posting up a storm in no time at all! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi QD glad you decided to post, we love more people to join in and have fun.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome, QuietDarkness and an official Texan "Howdy, neighbor!" to a fellow Houstonian (yes, I know Bellaire is an independent city)!

Always good to have another Texas Legion Worlder on board.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome to Legion World, QD.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lola rosa
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lola rosa           Edit/Delete Post     
Yvonne Craig lives in my breath-takingly oversized pantaloons!!
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Insaniac5
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insaniac5   Email Insaniac5         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi. I'm new here. 38 year old married engineer from Rochester, NY. I'm not sure how much I'll be able to visit here, it'll depend on my workload and such. It looks like a great site, though.

Question for lizrdprnce. Do you post at the DC site under the same name?

From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi Insaniac5!

Welcome. I used to be a 38 year old married engineer in nearby Syracuse.

uh,

Now I'm a 49 year old single sometimes teacher in Toledo, but hey!

Alternate timelines and all that.

You know what they say

"all work and no legion world makes..."

Hope to see you joining the nuthouse. Bring the wife.

[ July 20, 2007, 08:01 PM: Message edited by: Blockade Boy ]

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Hiya insaniac5! Welcome to Legion World. You'll find that posters here are among the friendliest and most knowledgeable on the net. So make yourself at home and have fun!

[Smile]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidflash2fan
could be rabid

Icon 10 posted      Profile for kidflash2fan   Author's Homepage   Email kidflash2fan         Edit/Delete Post     
ell, there have been as many incarnations of this thread as Legion message boards, but thanks to Gary and Scott, we've all found a terrific home here at Legion World.

I thought it would be a nice idea to start this thread up again, so that we can get to know all our LW friends and family, both old and new.

Here's some of the standard info that people have included in the past -- but please feel free to tell your fellow Legion Worlders as much or as little as you'd like.

Name Ashley
Age 21
Where you live hell oh im sorry ppl normally cal it nj
What you do im a artist a cartoonist but i haven't had any thing published [Frown]

Legion info Brainiac5, invisible kid element lad and atom girl are my favs

i started reading the newest reboot and that got me hooked ( when i had money i used to spend ungodly amount of money in the comic shop my comic deal suggested it to me and since i've been broke this is the only one i still read every month then i have made friends with ppl who know the older legion and ive been luckly to read and love them

i love the nearly naked cosmic boy costume hands down. my fav legion story is bounce boy and duo damsels wedding

--------------------
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

i do commissions

From: ny | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  ...  93  94  95   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.