Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » SHAKES 4 - Now Open (Page 67)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 123 pages: 1  2  3  ...  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  ...  121  122  123   
Author Topic: SHAKES 4 - Now Open
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Good work, Vee!

but...
Sigh. I miss Semi.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
We all do.

<fills glass>

But there's no reason why we can't enjoy SHAKES. There have been a few times in the past when Semi would miraculously pop back in and join us.

In fact...

<looks under bar for drunken puppy>

...hm...it was worth a shot...

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, my recliner is still here by the fireplace, and that special pillow that Semi had made for the Space Ranger is still hanging behind the bar...

And aren't these the brandy snifters that Harbinger used that night we caused the space-time continuum to collapse with our hi-jinks?

The puppy bed is still behind the bar... But it hasn't been used in way too long...

<DEEP SAD SIGH>

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
The triple marine varnished authentic antique swinging saloon doors hang from the doorframe as if hit with a battering ram...or a bomb!

Much of the comfortable furnishings are tossed about the room, some reduced to to little more than kindling.

The beautiful crystal goblets and glasses that helped sooth so many parched throats are now nothing more than shards of colorful glass scattered upon the bartop and the floor.

It's apparent to those who peek through the doorway that something terrible has happened here but the curious citizenry knows better than to enter and investigate. This is the playhouse of the powerful of Legion World. Anyone that would dare destroy it risks the ire of the massed might of the LMBP. One of them will be along soon for sure.

It's two owners alone, Semi-Transparent Fellow and Varalent, have enough power and prestige between then to protect this place on their own.

But Semi has been missing from Legion World for months on end and Vee....

...are those his legs someone spotted poking out from behind the bar?

And just what is that faint green haze that seems to be slowly drifting through the interior of SHAKES?

Too many questions and no answers in sight but the onlookers know one thing for certain. Things are about to heat up on Legion World!

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<ooops! Posted at the wrong place!>

[ August 21, 2007, 10:53 PM: Message edited by: Lard Lad ]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Renly Fox
former Red Pirate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Renly Fox           Edit/Delete Post     
What was that?!!

<looks across the street at SHAKES. Runs forward>

What...who...? Semi-Transparent Fellow! Semi! No, no, he hasn't been around in weeks.

Varalent? Are you there? So hard to see...

<enters SHAKES>

I have to get back to my parole officer to get back to Takron-Galtos, or I'm toast. The LMB will never forgive me for my past crimes...but all I want is to be able to see my fiance Quis...

Varalent?

<sees legs>

Vee?!

From: Captain's Cabin | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
-----Security Frequency Channel Alpha------

Bulletin. All Security Officers respond. There has been an explosion at SHAKES Bar. No known assessment of damage. Unsure if anyone injured.

Believed the Royal Inquisitor is responsible. He is a known murderer. Be careful in approaching him. Force reccomended.

------Security Frequency Channel Alpha------

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
***Security Officer Lard Lad responding...will arrive stat!****

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Renly Fox
former Red Pirate

<tries to move towards the bar to see Vee's body>

Varalent, answer me, please! We are not friends, but I'd like to help you!

<green glow blinds him>

Can't see...with mask on...but I dare not remove it...need help...

I didn't even think if the danger is over, if the enemy is still here, waiting. Its what...I...would have done...

From: Captain's Cabin | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

pop

Roy! What the hell are you doing here?!?

<looks around, sees legs, no sign of any other presence>

Vee?

***Lardy to Medicus One! Emergency! At least one person...injured...Respond!***

Roy...will you come quietly?

<Lardy's hand glows...just in case...>

--------------------

Renly Fox
former Red Pirate

LardLad?

Ah, I see, you teleported in. Don't move him! I'm still not sure how he was attacked, and--

Wait, you don't think?

<backs away>

Of course you do.

<hand raises to belt, where old atomic axe once was. Realizes its no longer there. Lowers hand>

And I don't blame you.

Know this Lard Lad, this wasn't my work. I was passing by and came in to help. Because once...Vee and Semi were kind to me when few others were. I just came to help. Please...understand...

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
The green haze continues to ebb and flow slowly enveloping the entire room. There is an strange, eerie feel about it. Suddenly, there is a sharp CRACK! and the furniture, goblets and (most importantly) the triple marine varnished authentic antique swinging saloon doors are miraculously restored to their former glory.

Everything appears to be back to normal as if nothing had happened...except that Vee remains sprawled behind the bar...unmoving.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<dazed by what just happened, Lardy looks at Roy>

<He thinks about his own mistakes. This could have been him.>

Roy...you're at the scene of a crime. Come quietly, and I'll make sure you're treated fairly.

Will you?

<glow around his hand subsides. Lardy offers it to Roy...>

--------------------

Renly Fox
former Red Pirate

They'll blame this all on me. I know it. And I deserve it...for all I've done in the past...

B-but...this wasn't me. This was my last chance, and now I'll be blamed for someone else's crime!

Lard Lad, you might not understand--but you have no idea what its like when people look at you like some murderer. Or do you? Do you know what its like to be stigmatized like that?

<reaches out hand to take Lardy's hand>

*PUNCH!!!*

Not today, I'm afraid.

<picks up Vee's body>

But I won't be blamed for another murder and burn for someone else...

<escapes through doors with Vee>

The Emerald Eye must have fixed SHAKES and must be keeping him alive. But he appears to have no cuts on him. I need to get him to someone who would know... time to take it to the streets

Who could have the power to take down Vee? Someone dangerous indeed...

Space Ranger
Private Dick

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Space Ranger   Email Space Ranger         Edit/Delete Post     
I have no idea what is happening here but this situation needs to be monitored closely.

The Security Office will be swarming over the place in a few minutes, late and useless as usual.

I'll just hang back and watch, just in case something pops out of the woodwork...

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Just as soon as the Check Clears!)

From: The Back Office in Abin's Fixit Shop. | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 123 pages: 1  2  3  ...  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  ...  121  122  123   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.