Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » SHAKES 4 - Now Open (Page 121)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 123 pages: 1  2  3  ...  118  119  120  121  122  123   
Author Topic: SHAKES 4 - Now Open
Renly Fox
former Red Pirate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Renly Fox           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, just like that, half the patrons have gone off on some mission to Rimbor. I don't envy them. I spent a good portion of my life on Rimbor...and silverale and brothels aside, I'd avoid the stench if I could help.

Too bad that Vidar fellow left, though. He was an interesting sort.

And where is Exnihil been?

< finishes drink >

Look at me. Wondering about the men, when I let three incredibly lovely ladies walk out without saying a word. Perhaps I'm losing my touch...

From: Captain's Cabin | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kinetix (Zoe Saugin)
Sassy and all dressed up

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kinetix (Zoe Saugin)           Edit/Delete Post     
I wouldn't be so worried. Some of the men here are hot enough to be worth turning gay [Wink]

--------------------
Why must power be so elusive?

From: Aleph | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reflekto
New Blood

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reflekto           Edit/Delete Post     
<Reflecto walks into Shakes. She enjoys the "no fighting" rules posted.>

<Parks her butt at the end of the bar where she has a good view of the place.>

<She says to herself>

I wonder which one is Renly Fox?

<When she sees a rogueish man staring at her. Well she did look great in her newly redesigned costume>

Bartender ... I'll have some nice thick french fries with mayonaise please.

From: Xanthu | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Renly Fox
former Red Pirate

< notices the knockout blonde walk in and park a very cute butt at the end of the bar. >

What a great costume... <he said, to Giant Robotic Lesbian in the corner>

<signals to the bartender for another "First Mate's Tears", the famous pirate drink>

Thanks mate. And whatever she's drinking can go on my tab too.

From: Captain's Cabin | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reflekto
New Blood

<finishes plate fo french fries.>

<The bartender brings over the drink and points to Renly Fox>

<says to herself> ha! I'm not going to drink anything some random guy at a bar gives me! How new does he think I am ... heyyyyyy that guy matches the description of ....

<surreptitiously pours out the drink in a nearby plant. plant wilts and dies.>

<takes a moment and then walks over to Renly Fox's table>

Thanks for the drink. It must be my lucky day.

From: Xanthu | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Renly Fox
former Red Pirate

<looks at plant, obviously perplexed>

Not really the intent of the gesture...but okay. It is kind of amusing. [Big Grin]

I thought it was my lucky day too when I saw you...until the plant took a death bath. I meant no offense.

Reflekto
New Blood

oh you saw that? Hey, you can never be too careful, a lot of crazies out there.

<sits across from Renly Fox>

< This one may be trickier than I thought she thinks>

Why don't you introduce yourself. I'm Stella ... Stella Ah.

[ November 27, 2012, 03:43 PM: Message edited by: Reflekto ]

Renly Fox
former Red Pirate

Pleasure to meet you, Stella.

<flashes handsome smile>

I'm Renly Fox, and I'm somewhat new to Legion World. I've been waiting for a Gent named Exnihil but apparently he's a busy man.

Are you one of the famous Legionnaires? It's quite...overwhelming having so many of the galaxies greatest heroes in one place.

<Renly's posture suggests a carefree attitude but to a more trained eye his eyes suggest a clever, insightful demeanor>

Reflekto
New Blood

Most of the LMB are off planet now, makes it pretty boring around here.

But ... there are still enough of us around to take care of things if anything should happen.

.... Care for another drink? <waves bartender over>

I've heard of Exnihil, he does seem like a busy man. What are you meeting him for?

Maybe it's something I can help you with?

<Reflecto's force field gave her a slight glow>

Renly Fox
former Red Pirate

Just looking for a rare blend of tobacco that only someone of his skills could provide.

<as he spoke, Reflekto could tell this anecdote amused Renly, as if it was a private joke or an outright lie>

I'd love another drink. Tell me, what does a young heroine like yourself do for fun around here? And will it get us in trouble? [Big Grin]

Reflekto
New Blood

oh you know, making sure pirates mind their manners on Legionworld.

super strength comes in real handy sometimes.

<pauses to make sure Renly Fox gets the hint>

other than that, I just enjoy being outside of a lab ...

<orders a gingerale>

Smoking is bad for you by the way, I heard that somewhere.

What do you know about Rimbor? I'm curious about what Power Boy and the others will find there, and how soon they'll be back.

Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
<having left The Tobacconihiist Smoke Shop, Exnihil arrives at SHAKES bar to blow off some after-work steam. He enters and takes a quick look around the place, but doesn't immediately see anyone he recognizes. There were a lot of new faces on Legion World lately. Well... good. Some new blood was always just the thing to keep things interesting. Just so long as his regular bartender was still on, it was all good. He sidled up to the bar>

Babette: "Khundish vodka martini... up?"

Ex: "Ah... Babette, you always know just the right thing to say to a guy."

<Babette smiles and starts mixing Ex's drink>: "So... your ears must have been buzzing."

Ex: "How's that, now?

Babette <nodding over to the table where Renly and Reflekto are sitting>: "Those two. I could be mistaken, but I could have sworn I heard them say your name a little bit ago."

Ex: "My name? But I didn't see anyone that I recogni..." <squints over at the table> "Well, whattya know. Excuse me, Babette."

<Ex picks up his drink and moves toward Renly's table>

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reflekto
New Blood

<sits back and waits to see what happens>

<Takes a long sip of gingerale>

Renly Fox
former Red Pirate

Ah, Mr. Exnihil at last! I'm - dare I say it - hopeful you've come with good news for me.

<Renly's face opens up into a wide grim; however it is more wolfish and dangerous than charming>

I can see you're suddenly recalling the last time we met those years ago. Back then I went by a more colorful moniker. 

<back to Reflekto>

Tell me, my dear, are you aware of how influential Exnihil is within the film industry? I imagine he's met all sorts of interesting people.

Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Ha, ha...

<sitting down next to Reflekto, and speaking to her first>

..our friend exaggerates. Exnihil Studios is no 30th Century Fox... but we do all right. The name's Exnihil... how you do, my dear?

<Reflekto rolls her eyes... wisely. Ex turns back to Renly>

I did, indeed bring you good tidings. I was able to track down your request, though it took a bit of doing. You'll have to forgive me, though... Mr. Fox... "years ago"? The old noodle isn't what it used to be, but I don't think I remember...

<Renly raises an eyebrow rakishly as Ex stops short, suddenly recognizing him>

...oh, good lord!

"Pirates of the Antarean: Curse of the Black Hole"?!

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 123 pages: 1  2  3  ...  118  119  120  121  122  123   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.